IGNORED

Thank you Nige…

LondonBristolian

All the best Nige. You saw what was wrong with this football club and set about fixing it. Lansdown doesn’t like home truths and here we now are.

You did a great job with both hands tied behind your back - all the very best to you and your family. You deserved better. 

Have the Lansdowns any idea of the fans reaction? No concern for the fans only the amount of money the club is now worth and 5he profit they can make

Any profit? Not backing the Lansdowns as such but you do realise he has put in about £250M into the club during his time here? Obviously we all like more spent on the team itself but to attract top players you need good facilities. 

Once the ownership of the club changes you might see a few bob spent on players but forget the rest of it, Conway and any other promising youngsters will be sold then we’ll be starting all over again. 

The structure of the club will make it difficult for a new owner to come in and ‘make a profit’. The facilities like conferencing etc underpin the financial structure of the club and that will still be owned by Bristol Sport / Pula or whoever. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've never been this upset/angry about a manager leaving. 

Bizarrely I was in Asda when Gary Johnson was sacked and also in Asda today when Pearson was sacked.

You ought to start shopping in Sainsbury’s mate

Gutted. The club he inherited was playing abysmal football. He got rid of the bloated squad and brought in talented younger players, reduced the wage bill. Blooded numerous academy players and improved our standing year over year. Changed the philosophy on this team. What more do you want out of a manager. Wish you well Nige,take care of your health and your welcome back anytime.

The very best of luck and health to you Nigel. Your integrity and decency shone through. Pity you have to ply your trade in an industry full of folk lacking either quality. Take a break, get well, enjoy life. You'll be very welcome back at Ashton gate when the clowns have departed.

• Like 2

NP overall leaves the club very much in credit for me.

I echo sentiments from the OP that NP has built a squad that overall are hard working and professional in their application.

Its fair to say the squad lacks that cutting edge quality to push for promotion, but that’s not down to NP - it’s down to ridiculous slashing of the transfer budget despite record sales.

NP’s assessment of some players has been a little wayward also (see goalkeeping department), and he did tend to throw some players “under the Bus” - but this approach has delivered season on season improvement in playing style and league position.

He’s also been very much active in creating a “one club” culture - I recall he was very vocal about the women’s team being integrated into the HPC and has been described by those ITK as being very active in reviewing our academy set up and options.

So overall Nige - a big thanks for the last few seasons. I hope your current health issue is resolved as swiftly and smoothly as possible and hope you stay living down in god’s country (aka the South West!)

Thanks Nige, kept your side of the bargain but feel you've had the rug pulled out from under you. Kept us in this division despite the financial restraints. 

Hope whatever medical issue you’re dealing with is diagnosed and treated promptly and best of luck for the future.  

• Like 1

Top Man, Top Manager. 

Poor Decision...

I wish you all the very best of health and if you decide to retire Nige, enjoy that valuable time with your friends and family...

It's very much 'what could have been' and I still can't understand the decision.

Tomo

• Like 1

Thank you Nigel. Particularly if you are reading this. Against all odds had turned the club around. You were setting the standards across the board.  You have been the only face of the club over the last couple of months. Be in no doubt how we'll you were appreciated by the fans. Best manager at City since Terry Cooper for me.  Hope you are able to say what you really think at some point. 

• Like 4

Cheers Nige. It was good to have someone at the club who knew what he was doing. We’re left with people who don’t know what they’re doing.

You were unfairly treated. Hopefully you can go somewhere where your abilities are appreciated. Please don’t think badly of the fanbase, most of us disagree with this decision.

best of luck for the future!

Gutted would be the word. Nige you have been a blessing to our club. It is infuriating that your work has not been recognised by those who make the decisions. You have done an incredible job and will be hugely missed. Honestly think we may have been in league 1 without you. Thank you for all you did and best wishes for the future, your departure is unjust. 

• Like 4