IGNORED

Thank you Nige…

LondonBristolian

very disappointed by this decision, which has no football rationale. Just as we have a squad playing with energy and commitment and a clear style the carpet has been pulled from underneath Nige's feet. Clearly this has been on the cards for a while. Timed with two winnable fixtures upcoming. I imagine Nige ruffled a few feathers but he moved us forward hugely on the pitch and that should have been enough.

• Like 1

Thank you Nigel for behaving with integrity and decency and caring for our football club and being the adult in the room. You will be forever be welcome in Bristol as we all know the  cards you’ve been dealt with were all designed to facilitate your failure.  You’ve stabilised our club, given us a playing style & built a team that plays with pride and passion.  I’ve had my wobbles and doubts about you during your tenure but my god I was so wrong.  Thank you & good luck in whatever you do.

• Like 7

Another one wishing Nige and his family the best of luck and good health.

Thank you Nigel, a brilliant job done Sir.

4 minutes ago, premisesmanager said:

Have the Lansdowns any idea of the fans reaction?  No concern for the fans only the amount of money the club is now worth and 5he profit they can make.

Remember the 'it's my club' comment.

If ever you wondered about why Bristol city have achieved so little for so long, I think it should be obvious from what has just happened with you. 

Honestly, it's not you, it's us. We get what we deserve. The vast majority of fans were right behind you, and believed in what you were doing, unfortunately the people handing over their money every week don't run the club. 

• Like 2

Did more than steady a sinking ship from the crazy previous regime.

Took a bloated squad, got rid of the namby-pamby players, brought in leaders, brought discipline and an ethic this club badly needed.

Created a pathway and blooded numerous academy players.

Recruited under difficult circumstances from lower leagues and made a handsome profit, with a lack of investment and a much restricted budget improved us.

The Lansdown's should be utterly ashamed how they have treated you.

You not only have the fans respect, but also our gratitude. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Thank you Nige.

You did everything asked of you. Everything. 

1) Accepted with good grace the dire fiscal position you inherited.

2) Accepted with good grace the restraints in the market such as no PL loanees available, not able to sign Bamba last year e.g., unable to spend a fee from January 2022 until Semenyo went in late January 2023.

3) Accepted the necessity to blood youth.

4) Improved the position year on year. From barely able to get a shot on target, to loudly cheering when we won a corner, to steadily improving the attacking side. Weimann-Martin-Semenyo was excellent for half a season.

5) Two nice Cup runs. Lincoln the fly in the ointment.

6) 4-4-2 initially, 3-5-2 up to finally our 4-3-3 and when all fit our style was still improving. In August I was going for a midfield of Naismith-Scott-Knight as one way to go, and a creative type once the inevitable sale came to pass.

Oh I also wish you all the best with your health.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 6

Fab work Nige, we were going in one direction when you arrived and it wasn’t a good one. I now feel we’re moving in the right direction (barring the shocking decision to fire you). The fans don’t want this and you’ll be remembered for all the good you did.

Don't merge and keep this separate, it can be sent to NP's contact. 

Thank you Nige for everything you have done. The vast majority of City fans recognise what you have achieved with significant constraints and believed in you. 

The backlash from City fans to the news is telling and demonstrable of how much you are respected by City fans. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Cheers Nige, sorry to see you go. I trusted and respected you as our manager and felt you did a good job under difficult circumstances. Hope your back gets better soon and you can get back to your woodland walks. Enjoy your break and come back stronger. Safe to say that you will be a hard act to follow.

Sad day, you’ll be missed Nige - thanks for your efforts in a very difficult situation. You didn’t let us down, the idiots at the top let you down, never forget that.

Time to concentrate on your health now, and if you don’t come back to the game, enjoy every moment with those who matter most.

Take care.

• Like 1

Thank you Nigel. You were building something here and changing the culture of the club. The fact you were not supported by Lansdown is a disgrace. All the very best for the future. The possibilities were there if you had been supported. The club will never move forward until the Lansdowns are gone. I hope the day is coming when that is a reality.