IGNORED

Thank you Nige…

LondonBristolian

Thank you Nige Your appointment was the lift I needed supporting this club after what's been a frustrating time, The first season I've committed to a season ticket for a long while You gave us hope and with a decent backing I believe you would of got us promotion but your hands where tied and I honestly can't believe you've been treated like this. Lansdowns I hope you read these comments pathetic decision!! A big thank you to David Rennie for all his hard work.

100% appreciated 

Cheers Nige.

We were fortunate to have had you for the time that we did. I just wish it could have been for several more seasons for you to have fulfilled your long term goals which I'm sure you had.

What you were able to accomplish within the restraints you were put under is admirable.

Best of luck with your health and life. You deserve so much more.

Thank you for all your work turning our club around.  No mean feat with you hands tied behind your back.  Sadly, the spineless bastards can't give you the real reason you have to go because you'd wipe the floor with them in court. 

You inherited a poisoned Challice and had it filled with poisoned drink during each transfer window.

We all expected you to get some financial backing after sorting the horrific mess out.... alas,  no..

..genuinely wondered what might have been had you been given the free reign that Lee Johnson had. Hope you get well soon. 

He is the best manager we have had in the 40 years I have been a fan. I am absolutely gutted that the club have treated him like this, because as you say he has done a fantastic job in very difficult conditions. He has changed the culture of the playing squad which was in a tailspin when he took over from Holden. I have really enjoyed watching the team develop. Cheers Nige we are going to miss you. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

I think Pearson did a great job here. One of the best measures of a manager's reign is whether they left the club in a better state than they inherited it - Nige undoubtedly did.

Many people forget how poor we were before Pearson arrived. On the pitch, we weren't competitive. Statistically, we were pretty much the worst side in the Championship. Off the pitch, we were a points deduction waiting to happen.

Pearson managed to achieve a number of important objectives to take us away from that situation:

✅ Avoid relegation
✅ Address the awful club culture and instead create a hardworking & energetic team
✅ Lower the wage bill (massively) and make the club FFP compliant
✅ Develop young players and integrate academy players into the first team
✅ Turn the club around such that we were ready to start "looking up the league" again

I was still slightly unsure about whether Pearson was the right manager to take us into the top 6. He had successfully turned the ship around, and for me, this was the season in which he could prove that he was now able to progress us up the table. Unfortunately, a lack of investment in the summer combined with the current injury crisis made that assessment much harder to make. Alas, we will never know how things might have turned out.

Ultimately, Pearson's greatest contribution might have been his impact on the club culture. We finally had a manager that knew what a successful club looked like and wasn't afraid to call out issues as he identified them. Ironically, this is likely to have been what the Lansdowns disliked about him most, and perhaps that tells you all you need to know about the ownership of our football club.

Thanks for your efforts in incredibly testing circumstances, Nige.

• Flames 1

Did what he was asked to do and improved the fitness of the team noticeably. Changed the mentality and made us competitive in every game despite injuries to many key players.

Expectations by the board to achieve promotion under those circumstances is delusional to say the least.

Thanks for committing to a project that many managers would have point blank refused to even consider seriously.

• Like 1

Thank you Nige. Best manager we have had I'm my lifetime. Done a fantastic job, saved the club financially whilst keeping us in this division.

Was falling out of love with my club before you arrived.

Hope your health gets better soon.

Our owners are rats for how they treated you.

• Like 1

Late to this news but its been a very revealing half an hour in my household.

Since having my teenage heart broken 20 years ago, I have cried on two occassions. When the Queen died and when Pearson was sacked.

People work for money, Nigel worked because he wanted to make our dreams come true.

Over the last few months its clear I dont support Bristol City but Lansdown FC and my life’s passion seems like a complete and utter waste.

Thank you, Nige 

• Robin 3

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’m so bloody angry right now!

I sent an email with thanks to Dean

I know exactly what you mean by angry, and to think I actually stuck up for these muppets in the past when I thought some of the criticism was unfair.

Now I believe they deserve every bit of shit they're getting thrown at them.

I truly hope there are songs and chants (and lots of them) about the Lansdowns, and chants in support of Nigel.

It needs to be done.

PS I don't care if it upsets them, or Steve gets stroppy again with all his it's my money/club bullshit,

They need to know that they haven't got a bloody clue and we want them out.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

This is another in a long line of inept decisions made by the Lansdown family. Presumably, Jon, who only employs his mates and yes men. Phil A went after a few months and now Nige. The only 2 at the club that have a clue about leadership or football. and may have raised questions. Tinnion the schemer has dirty hands on this too. He has previous for that behaviour.

Nige, you were not backed despite saving the club from L1, creating a huge transfer profit and finally getting some professionalism into the playing set up. You needed backing not sacking, it is disgraceful. The Lansdowns have a long history of ineptitude in sport, Jon L would never have any position of authority in any business without his father funding it. It is nepotism at its very worst. Nige you got stuck in the middle of it. 

Thanks for making us a proper team, where there was pride and application, in the most difficult of times. You deserved far more respect than you were given, that is a reflection of the Lansdown family's ethics and ability.

Thanks for everything Nige. 

Proper manager. Long-termist in his approach. Communicated well. Strategic. Thoughtful. All this and he sounds like the sort of fella you'd like to have a pint with.

Nigel Pearson, I'm sorry you had to come to a club run by idiots, but you've been in the game long enough that I'm sure you've seen it many times before.

I wish you a healthy and happy future. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Thank you Nige. Best manager in my lifetime who actually had a clue what was wrong with this club. Such a shame. 

An 8 year old should always be allowed a point of view.

However....

Following Bristol City's promotion to the Championship, Cotterill was named LMA League One Manager of the Year, having already earned Sky Bet League One Manager of the Month in September 2014 and March 2015.On 18 April 2015, Bristol City were crowned League One champions following a 0–0 draw at home to Coventry City. This made them the first club to win both the Football League Trophy and League One in the same season.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Fellow- Reds, I have sent this to his agent and asked he shares it with NP, if anybody else wants to do the same the email you need is: dean@oportosports.com

He is Dean Eldridge and has been first class on the few occasions I have contacted him.

Thank you Nige

You have IMO done a truly superb job during your (far too short) tenure. I’m bitterly disappointed to learn of your departure.

Despite having the best players sold for FFP reasons, seemingly getting little support from the hierarchy and inheriting a complete mess, you have….

Cleared out the deadwood and high earners

Enabled young players to step-up to the first team squad

Built a squad that clearly plays for you and the shirt

Created an emerging footballing identity which fans are getting behind

Built a collective mindset and reset the culture

Managed and conducted matters in a professional, sensible, informed and experienced manner

Recruited a competent staff team

Bought in capable players, with excellent personal qualities, without spending much money

I wish you a swift return to good health and hope that you will look back on your time at Bristol City with pride.

Sincere thanks from a life-long (60+ years) City fan.

The way you have been treated by Bristol City FC is an utter disgrace. You were the solution not the problem.

Reply…..

Steve,

Thank you for your messages of support over Nige’s time at the club. We’ve received lots, but I always recognise your name.

I’ll ensure he gets to read this and I know he will appreciate it.

All the best to you and the club for the future,

Dean

• Like 1