IGNORED

Thank you Nige…

LondonBristolian

1 hour ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Mind you and I’m just throwing it out there , you’re u know as well as I do that if the next ****** takes us up no one here will give a ****

With the Lansdown’s track record there is absolutely **** all chance of that happening.

They are more likely to appoint Holden again than find the right person.

• Haha 1

Not sure if this has already been said but if I could speak to him face to face I would say you are leaving with your head held high and the support and respect of the fan base still fully behind you.  We acknowledge the difficulties you faced during your time with the club and the job you have done with no support from those above you is fantastic. You leave the club in a hell of a lot better place than when you arrived.

Not often a manager leaves and a majority of fans are in uproar about it.

Cheers Nige, hopefully will see you back in management once you have sorted your health issues.

• Flames 1
  • Robin 3

I really didn’t think Lansdown could be this clueless.

What a despicable way to treat the man who has pulled this club back from the jaws of FFP, whilst still keeping us in the Championship.

Just in case you come onto this thread, a heartfelt thank you Nige for shaking up this total shambles of a club.  We’ve suffered years of bullshit and waffle from people running this club and it’s been so refreshing to have someone with your honest, straight talking style, who tells it as it is.

Us supporters will always be grateful to you for your efforts and giving us a group of whole-hearted players who played for the shirt, rather than just the pay packet.  It’s a very long time since I’ve been so proud of our players for giving everything on the pitch and that’s down to you.

That pride definitely doesn’t extend to our pathetic board and clueless owner though, who clearly don’t have the football intelligence to recognise a top manager when they have one.  Instead of giving you the backing you’ve earned and deserved, they clearly froze you out and they should be totally embarassed and ashamed.  I’ve never been so gutted at the unjustified sacking of a manager and I’m sure there are many more fans feeling the same.

Best of luck for the future and hopefully the next club gives you the respect you deserve.  The fans appreciate your worth though and you can be assured of the warmest of welcomes from the people who really matter at BCFC, if you ever return to the Gate in any capacity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

Thanks Nige, especially wishing you good health and best wishes for retirement or whatever you decide to do in the future. The best manager this club as ever had… it’ll be interesting who the comedy duo think that they can now bring in to do a better job.

• Hmmm 1

I've been thinking all day about what I'd like to say to Nige if I could.

What I'd say to Nige is, firstly, I wish you well in sorting out your health issues. I hope a quick resolution can be found for you and that you are soon back to full health. 

Secondly I really hope that you continue to feel at home in Somerset. You are clearly very passionate about the area and I hope you will continue to enjoy it here.

I've never personally met you (unfortunately) but everyone that I know that has met you speaks extremely highly of you. 

For the first time in my time of being a City fan I genuinely felt as if under you, this club could go on to achieve things it has never achieved before and I'll forever wonder, what if? 

I feel like we were on the cusp of something special with you, despite the significant unnecessary restrictions put in place. 

Once again for the 1st time, I felt as if you had made us feel like a proper football club and not some billionaires sons toy. 

You have so much respect for the fans and the history of the club, one of the first things I remember you doing is encouraging the club to embrace its history because that history is the fabric of the club. One thing that sticks in my mind is that you were very passionate about the Ashton Gate 8 stuff and you spent time to understand the history of it all. 

Your very close friendship with Marina Dolman was lovely to see. 

You gave us a football team to be proud of. So many talented local lads came through under your guidance. I'm sure they will forever show gratitude towards you like so many of your previous players have done so. 

The pride I feel as a fan watching the likes of Bell, Conway, Pring etc pulling on that shirt is incredible. 

You created a squad mentality where the players gave it their all, despite whatever circumstance and as a fan, that's all I could ever want. 

I have friends that support other teams, they have ridiculed me over the past few months because I've described you as a legend to them. I don't care what they think, you saved this club from relegation and ffp sanctions and stopped us from being another Reading. 

You've put this club in a fantastic position to move forward. Unfortunately Lansdown is trying his hardest to undo all of that good work. 

But I have no doubt that without you, we'd now be in league one.

Thank you for everything you've done, Dave x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 5

Thank you Nige, you are a better man(ager) than the Lansdown's ever deserved. You pretty much saved singlehandedly saved the club from FFP points deduction and built a fantastic squad, who play for the shirt and with a bit of luck with injuries would have challenged the playoffs. All of this with no support from the SL or JL who just don't have a clue. 

Good luck in the future your always welcome in Brizzle #legend

• Like 1

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've been thinking all day about what I'd like to say to Nige if I could.

What I'd say to Nige is, firstly, I wish you well in sorting out your health issues. I hope a quick resolution can be found for you and that you are soon back to full health. 

Secondly I really hope that you continue to feel at home in Somerset. You are clearly very passionate about the area and I hope you will continue to enjoy it here.

I've never personally met you (unfortunately) but everyone that I know that has met you speaks extremely highly of you. 

For the first time in my time of being a City fan I genuinely felt as if under you, this club could go on to achieve things it has never achieved before and I'll forever wonder, what if? 

I feel like we were on the cusp of something special with you, despite the significant unnecessary restrictions put in place. 

Once again for the 1st time, I felt as if you had made us feel like a proper football club and not some billionaires sons toy. 

You have so much respect for the fans and the history of the club, one of the first things I remember you doing is encouraging the club to embrace its history because that history is the fabric of the club. One thing that sticks in my mind is that you were very passionate about the Ashton Gate 8 stuff and you spent time to understand the history of it all. 

Your very close friendship with Marina Dolman was lovely to see. 

You gave us a football team to be proud of. So many talented local lads came through under your guidance. I'm sure they will forever show gratitude towards you like so many of your previous players have done so. 

The pride I feel as a fan watching the likes of Bell, Conway, Pring etc pulling on that shirt is incredible. 

You created a squad mentality where the players gave it their all, despite whatever circumstance and as a fan, that's all I could ever want. 

I have friends that support other teams, they have ridiculed me over the past few months because I've described you as a legend to them. I don't care what they think, you saved this club from relegation and ffp sanctions and stopped us from being another Reading. 

You've put this club in a fantastic position to move forward. Unfortunately Lansdown is trying his hardest to undo all of that good work. 

But I have no doubt that without you, we'd now be in league one.

Thank you for everything you've done, Dave x

Really good post, my thoughts exactly, but much more eloquently put than I could have done. 

• Like 1

Thanks Nige, best manager this club has had in over 40 years. Diabolically treated by owners that haven't got a clue. The large majority of fans were behind you and could see the progress being made. What a shambles of a club. All the best and enjoy your time on the Mendips.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

I have supported City for 50 years and have seen a lot of mediocre, unmotivated sides at Ashton Gate. 
I now live abroad so don’t get to see many live games but this season I took my son away to Millwall and then also got the change to see the City home game against Stoke. Millwall was a fantastic last minute win - but even in the defeat against Stoke you could see a team that was playing for each other, highly motivated, proactive with and without the ball and playing with a really positive identity. I walked out of that defeat thinking this is a real team we have here and despite the loss the future is bright and I’m proud to be a city fan.

So thank you Mr Nigel Pearson for building that identity, that spirit that sense of purpose and endeavour and building a team that clearly desperately wanted to do their very best for themselves, for each other, for you and for the supporters. 

It’s truly shameful that the powers that be have pushed you out the door before you and we got the chance to see the full return on your investment in our club. I hope whoever follows you does justice to the foundations you have laid and the course you have set.  We will remember what you did and if somehow we do achieve any success in the coming years we will know that much of it was down to the hard work and the principles and the standards that you brought to our club.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Sad to see you go Nigel

I speak for my whole family of Cidered fans ( a lot too many to count )

You have done your best with the resources you have available to you and we are proud you have been truthful | honest

I personally think it's down to your health issues that the BCFC management won't back you anymore

Refocus on your health enjoy life and relax

I know personally myself health is the main priority in life 

Be healthy and happy | enjoy family life 

You deserve it x

On 29/10/2023 at 16:56, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've never been this upset/angry about a manager leaving. 

Bizarrely I was in Asda when Gary Johnson was sacked and also in Asda today when Pearson was sacked.

I was upset when Joe Jordan left the first time, but that was for the Scotland job. This is just so stupid and the more we hear the worse it seems.

• Like 1

I heard from NPs agent today, so sharing it for those who are interested,

‘I know Nige will appreciate it. He’s said to me on many occasions since Sunday’s news, that he was very proud to lead your team/club, and he knows the fanbase will get behind the players and staff and support them on Saturday and in future games, as you always do.

Whilst we are obviously disappointed with the way things have ended, Nige can look back fondly on his time at the club, the contribution he has made and the warmth he’s received during that period. He has been overwhelmed at the reaction from the supporters, which has meant a great deal to him.

Hopefully one day he’ll get to meet some of the fans in person, or return in the opposition dugout and express his thanks again.’

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

I heard from NPs agent today, so sharing it for those who are interested,

‘I know Nige will appreciate it. He’s said to me on many occasions since Sunday’s news, that he was very proud to lead your team/club, and he knows the fanbase will get behind the players and staff and support them on Saturday and in future games, as you always do.

Whilst we are obviously disappointed with the way things have ended, Nige can look back fondly on his time at the club, the contribution he has made and the warmth he’s received during that period. He has been overwhelmed at the reaction from the supporters, which has meant a great deal to him.

Hopefully one day he’ll get to meet some of the fans in person, or return in the opposition dugout and express his thanks again.’

Makes me sad, such a superb guy and leader. I really hope we sing his name on Saturday. 

• Like 2