IGNORED

Latest Odds

elhombrecito

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought with the Rowett rumours last night, we’d hear stronger rumours today, bookies reducing odds, etc.

But there’s been nothing of note.

So, although I was prepping myself for Rowett, I’m now a bit confused what might be going on.

They must have already been talking to him 2 weeks ago as when I was told he was being lined up there was no real rumours re Nige be ready to be shown the door.

Not sure why he is not fav with the bookies they don’t get it wrong to many times.

Been following City since November 71 when my Dad took me to watch a game (which we lost) from The Dolman Stand. Like a good few others on this forum I've seen good times and bad times but I  can  honestly say I've never been so disappointed by a managerial dismissal at Ashton Gate in that time. 

If this situation has been bubbling for a good while (and it seems it has been) I would have thought that City would have been sounding out other candidates for the post and fully expect the successful candidate to be in situ for the Wednesday game. 

That being the case,  it'll be an "out of work" head coach/manager and Gary Rowett would be a leading contender. I also believe we may opt for Neil Harris. Dean Smith, John Eustace etc....I just can't see it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I've been following Bristol City since 1990 but unlike you I have no agenda I just support the club but  I can acknowledge that the positive things the  current ownership have done far outweigh the negative like bankrolling a business than loses £300,000 a week.

They don’t JUST bankroll a business losing £300k per week ! They RUN a business losing £300k a week ! It’s down to them ! Why do so many Lansdown supporters constantly disassociate them from the losses ? There’s just no logic to that ! 

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

Just now, Baldyman said:

They don’t JUST bankroll a business losing £300k per week ! They RUN a business losing £300k a week ! It’s down to them ! Why do so many Lansdown supporters constantly disassociate them from the losses ? There’s just no logic to that ! 

Indeed. The vast amount of debt and the very reason we got ourselves into the FFP mess we got in (which Pearson did such a brilliant job at sorting out) is directly because of Steve and his boy’s decisions. The buck stops with them.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

In a weird way I so hope they had Rowett all lined up and following the backlash to NP's sacking he has told them to do one. Let the chuckle brothers sort that mess out. Over to you John.

He will not be concerned about a fan backlash about the previous guy.

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I’ve got a sneaky feeling it will be wilder also but he will want some backing in the January window if he’s expected to get us in the top 6 

I wouldn’t be unhappy with Wilder but as you said he will only take the job i’d imagine if he has been guaranteed backing in January and beyond.

Would be a huge slap in the face for Pearson if that is the case but as many have said the nest egg was clearly being saved up for the next man to come in and spend..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

This is something the blue few do alot but then its GasLogic at its finest. We are greatful for the stadium and improvements made to the club infrastructure of course we are but on the pitch the Lansdowns have fecked it up royally so many times with their ego.

28 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Indeed. The vast amount of debt and the very reason we got ourselves into the FFP mess we got in (which Pearson did such a brilliant job at sorting out) is directly because of Steve and his boy’s decisions. The buck stops with them.

Pearson and Gould tbh but yea I agree and there would still have been losses to finance,  but they would have been lower if not for the constant churn of players etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Been following City since November 71 when my Dad took me to watch a game (which we lost) from The Dolman Stand. Like a good few others on this forum I've seen good times and bad times but I  can  honestly say I've never been so disappointed by a managerial dismissal at Ashton Gate in that time. 

If this situation has been bubbling for a good while (and it seems it has been) I would have thought that City would have been sounding out other candidates for the post and fully expect the successful candidate to be in situ for the Wednesday game. 

That being the case,  it'll be an "out of work" head coach/manager and Gary Rowett would be a leading contender. I also believe we may opt for Neil Harris. Dean Smith, John Eustace etc....I just can't see it

Who we playing Wednesday 

28 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I've been following Bristol City since 1990 but unlike you I have no agenda I just support the club but  I can acknowledge that the positive things the  current ownership have done far outweigh the negative like bankrolling a business than loses £300,000 a week.

You also have to take into account that he’s running the business that was losing £300k a week, you have to ask yourself how he allowed it to get to that position? Regardless of who you employ to set strategies, negotiate player sells & acquisitions, order the stock, sell the tickets and run the business/corporate arms you should be close enough to your business to understand the numbers & ultimately sign off the expenditure! Only one person who could have stopped in getting to that position and that’s the owner! Sounds mad doesn’t it when you think about it as he’s been so successful in wider businesses to have generated the wealth that he has.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

so how many football clubs in the Championship make a profit?

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought with the Rowett rumours last night, we’d hear stronger rumours today, bookies reducing odds, etc.

But there’s been nothing of note.

So, although I was prepping myself for Rowett, I’m now a bit confused what might be going on.

My thoughts too. I was expecting a quick announcement to try and change the mood of supporters but instead a further long silence.

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

so how many football clubs in the Championship make a profit?

Not many - but playing Devils advocate even in the realm of Championship expenditure, between MA and LJ, SL really fudged us.

NP dug us out and was swiftly booted.

The difference is now - there is some headroom. Why the two of them didn't give to Nige I honestly have no idea, aside from their own petty egos and ensuing disagreements with NP going forward.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy with Wilder but as you said he will only take the job i’d imagine if he has been guaranteed backing in January and beyond.

Would be a huge slap in the face for Pearson if that is the case but as many have said the nest egg was clearly being saved up for the next man to come in and spend..

Depends how principled Wilder is, seeing that he is Pearson's neighbour and friend in Sheffield. I believe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

My thoughts too. I was expecting a quick announcement to try and change the mood of supporters but instead a further long silence.

Personally think if they do have someone lined up ( which I xxxxxxx hope they do have after the Holden debacle ) it will be Wednesday / Thursday with Curtis in charge for Saturdays game if they announce it any earlier it just wouldn’t seem right , like your mrs meeting someone at her husbands wake 🙈

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Personally think if they do have someone lined up ( which I xxxxxxx hope they do have after the Holden debacle ) it will be Wednesday / Thursday with Curtis in charge for Saturdays game if they announce it any earlier it just wouldn’t seem right , like your mrs meeting someone at her husbands wake 🙈

6 weeks time is in December! 👀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

if they announce it any earlier it just wouldn’t seem right , like your mrs meeting someone at her husbands wake 🙈

Maybe I've been watching too much 48 hours / FBI files on YouTube, but I'm thinking

- poisoned husband;

- @Fordy62 needs to investigate how her last 3 husbands died (but good luck with that 'cus she would have had them all cremated);

- someone needs to give her new millionaire fiance a heads up;

I am going to check some of these losses.

I don't doubt that the cash contribution over the years is significant but the key bit is cash losses and equity

Never conflate the profit and loss with contribution necessarily, at least not without checking the Cash Flow as well. Can't stress that enough.

I don't like this new long term debt with Pula, it's in the 2022 accounts, isn't new news.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Pretty balanced post this and struggle to disagree with any of it but it just felt like it was on the verge of all coming together either with a bit more backing after Scott was sold or a year later than planned.

Yea the Scott thing wasn’t ideal and is why I think sacking now is harsh

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

In 20/21 you may recall the stadium was closed to the public therefore any revenue was severely reduced but the salaries which you would estimate run into £millions each month and the operating costs still have to be paid that may explain why the loses have ben so high quite logical really

• Sad 1

Based upon what happened after the last sacking of a long-term Bristol City manager, I would expect to see a long drawn-out recruitment process of interviews, boardroom debates and discussions, lasting at least 4 weeks, finally cumulating with Curtis Fleming being unveiled as the next manager. 

• Like 5