IGNORED

Sky Sports Article

Olé

48 minutes ago, Olé said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12996039/nigel-pearson-sacked-by-bristol-city-results-far-from-only-issue-behind-veteran-bosses-departure

Absolutely sensational stuff for the owner and boy wonder who have spent so much of their time to trying to manage our media positioning, now getting their arses handed to them by the national media.

Everything about thier decision making is second rate. Live in a vacuum, filled with nodding yes men. C**ts.

14 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, I was up pretty late on it last night after work asked me to put something together so it's very much appreciated.

I think we can all read between the lines of what's happened over the last few months - I really didn't want it to turn into a boardroom bashing but it's difficult to understand how we get from the start, sacking Nige, to the end game of getting in the play-offs without wider soul searching. Let's hope that happens.

I salute you Ron W - an eloquent, well-informed truth-teller.

The truth hurts.

I hope your words have given the Lansdowns the shame, pain and embarrassment they deserve.

50 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You beat me to it. Was about to share. That’s an exceptional article that shows a rare in-depth and nuanced understanding of our club from a national media outlet.

Yes, absolutely. Almost always, in fact I cannot think of an exception, national media only do puff pieces like the guardian in summer of 2017 did with a beaming pic of SL and LJ after we avoided relegation, which was pretty much SL saying: "I was right, the moaners were wrong," then the nationals were back again after we beat Man Utd and they lapped up all the "we call ourselves a PL club in waiting" including a mention of the poster on the wall outside Ashton's office about running towards adversity, or Ipswich, or whatever it was.

Henry Winter is just as bad, just puff, when there's something nice to say. Nothing when the shambles inevitably returns. SL has got away with it, as far as national scrutiny goes. If we had reached the Prem I don't think he would've enjoyed some of the coverage and comments and analysis of the club, assuming we would have struggled and been exposed at that level, on and off the field. 

• Like 3

Excellent article. Yes, Lansdown, we are the laughing stock of football. well actually no, YOU are the laughing stock. 

The club needs new ownership, with a real authentic strategy and a drive for excellence. It is being run by amateurs and nepotism with zero vision or know-how about how to build a football club. 

It does not need a new manager, it needs to get rid of Steve L, his son, Gavin Marshall, Brian Tinnion, Shaun Gilehspy and all of the nonsense at Bristol Sport. They have had time to deliver and have failed,  whilst using the club as their toy.

It is now time for competent, professional and visionary people to build a Premier League Bristol City football club. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 6

"The perennially restless Robins looked like they finally had a patient blueprint for long-term, financially prudent growth at their fingertips. It had the fans on board, but not the people whose approval matters most."

This is the point for me. Finally felt like we had a long-term plan and progress was being made, albeit slowly and we were doing so with an experienced man at the helm.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, I was up pretty late on it last night after work asked me to put something together so it's very much appreciated.

I think we can all read between the lines of what's happened over the last few months - I really didn't want it to turn into a boardroom bashing but it's difficult to understand how we get from the start, sacking Nige, to the end game of getting in the play-offs without wider soul searching. Let's hope that happens.

Absolutely superb article. 

Short of calling them a bunch of ****s, you couldn't really have nailed it any better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

22 minutes ago, Olé said:

It's an absolutely exceptional analysis that deserves to be the defining write up of the current ownership. It's so perfectly written and so exceptionally damning (without ever being unfair or nasty) that I don't think there is another paragraph to be written to their story. It's time for them to go, they're all out of reboots and flip flopping on strategy to suit their egos. We have heard it all before, and it's such a herculean effort for you to have capture in one piece the various prior shades of the emperors new clothes and the uncertainty it creates for us all going forward.

Agreed, That article is the Lansdown legacy. Get out of our club!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Am genuinely like a proud parent of how far Ron has come. He’s worked really bloody hard from day one to get his career where it is now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, Ron W said:

No thank you Ron for a brilliant article, about time someone in the media tells the true story of what a weird club we’ve become.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rest of the Championship clubs must be weeing themselves with laughter. 

Bristol City, one of the better supported clubs, on a downward slide yet again because the owner hasn't got a single clue on how to run a football club. 

Billionaire without one ounce of sense. I hope he gets a buyer next week! Otherwise it's back to Divisions Three and Four.

Thanks @Olé

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Between the massive fan backlash, the outpouring of player love for Nige and now national coverage of City’s shortcomings, the Lansdown’s have nowhere to hide. Even they can’t get their heads that deep in the sand.

Their heads are probably somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yes, absolutely. Almost always, in fact I cannot think of an exception, national media only do puff pieces like the guardian in summer of 2017 did with a beaming pic of SL and LJ after we avoided relegation, which was pretty much SL saying: "I was right, the moaners were wrong," then the nationals were back again after we beat Man Utd and they lapped up all the "we call ourselves a PL club in waiting" including a mention of the poster on the wall outside Ashton's office about running towards adversity, or Ipswich, or whatever it was.

Henry Winter is just as bad, just puff, when there's something nice to say. Nothing when the shambles inevitably returns. SL has got away with it, as far as national scrutiny goes. If we had reached the Prem I don't think he would've enjoyed some of the coverage and comments and analysis of the club, assuming we would have struggled and been exposed at that level, on and off the field. 

You might not realise that all those nice puff pieces by old Henry are paid for editorial content. They don't just write it themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Their heads are probably somewhere else. 

Probably one head in the Channel Islands and one in Bermuda very soon.

Couldn't make it up really - absent and silent owner, absent and silent Chairman (from a two man board), no ceo, no manager, no head of medical dept in the midst of an injury crisis, and a support base who largely has disdain for the owner and chairman. 

Not good and a bit of a shitshow really and thanks to Ron for putting it out there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

We have lost so much more than a very good and influential manager. With the additional loss of medical and coaching staff, this rips the heart out of the whole operation that has so painstakingly been put together. Two years or more of work wilfully thrown away. It’s incredibly wasteful and destructive. I don’t think they have any idea of the extent of the damage done to the organisation they’re supposed to be looking after. It’s incredibly demoralising to witness.

Quite. An act of such grievous self-harm that could easily define the next "era" of the Lansdown's temporary stewardship of our club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all - bloody well done Ron. A fantastically well written article which as others have mentioned is damning but completely factual and fair.

Hopefully there is a small part of Steve/Jon that sees this in the national media and feels some level of embarrassment as to how this has been handled. However, I won’t hold my breath!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1