IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

If he said he expects us top half fair enough...

With the next two games coming up - i expect us to be top half.

But if they think we should be chasing promotion, they are deluded

Especially as the top 2 are miles clear so at best we are looking 1 of 4 playoff places along with about 12 other similar teams!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

Didnt really acknowledge the work that Pearson done, and simply went on about the Fans being great and supporting the team come Saturday.

Only interesting remarks were regarding the next Manager/Coach and wanting someone who would bring a "fast paced, progressive, pressing" method, and that it was the first time they were looking for certain traits in a coach so they already have a short list.

He’s terrified about the backlash. His face looked so worried, like a kid telling lies to his parents in the hope he doesn’t get found out.

All of the components required to be a successful team and he’s removed the one we needed the most.

clueless 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

A couple of things (tin hat on again), i've seen him on camera before and he's painful to watch and should never be fronting anything in front of a camera he is far, far, far out of his depth.

I haven't and won't watch this "performance" but what i don't understand are all the personal and vitriolic abuse aimed at him, i get that the majority are furious and frustrated at what's happened but most of you are better than that.

I've had 55 years of following City so like a lot of you seen the good and the bad (and the very bad) so i was here a long time before SL was on the scene and hopefully will have a few more years after he's gone, keep it classy lads (awaiting the happy-clapper & snow-flake comments)

He deserves it.  Arrogantly described fans views as “noise” while CEO, and unbelievably has trolled fans on Twitter.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

A couple of things (tin hat on again), i've seen him on camera before and he's painful to watch and should never be fronting anything in front of a camera he is far, far, far out of his depth.

I haven't and won't watch this "performance" but what i don't understand are all the personal and vitriolic abuse aimed at him, i get that the majority are furious and frustrated at what's happened but most of you are better than that.

I've had 55 years of following City so like a lot of you seen the good and the bad (and the very bad) so i was here a long time before SL was on the scene and hopefully will have a few more years after he's gone, keep it classy lads (awaiting the happy-clapper & snow-flake comments)

No, I agree. JL actually has a medical issue with his throat, so the abuse he gets for that isn’t called for.

I don’t agree with some of the decisions, especially this one, but let’s not get personal, we’re better than that.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They think the squad is good enough? 

Terrifying. 

That’s the nub of for me. If I take what they are saying at face value, they clearly genuinely think that we should be sitting comfortably in the top 6 at this point in the season. I don’t know anyone else who thinks that. This probably also explains why they don’t want to invest in any more players - we have everyone we need already. 

• Like 1

We should of been watching an interview about Nige's contract extension and plans for Jan and the season ahead. Instead we get this.

I've watched it 3 times and I still can't see from a football matters perspective how any of it makes sense.

This appointment better be shit hot and hit the ground running. I won't be holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

No I agree with you. 

I think what he says and the judgements he and the board make on the playing side have been a joke over the years, but it shouldn't get personal towards him. 

Like you I've noticed his demeanor in front of camera...some people are naturals, some aren't. It's obviously a nervous thing. 

Regardless of whether we agree with him... He's between a rock and hard place when being interviewed as it comes across so awkwardly. 

Unintelligently, in football terms.

What is this style he talks of? What does he mean when talking about playing one way throughout the club? Whats the model?

There was no model of play when Lee Johnson was here. 

• Like 1

Laughably bad.

Only 2 minutes long yet so obviously edited.

Comes across as what he is, a complete lightweight.

Even in a short edited video he manages to make the following embarrassing statement that we are looking for “the first time” for someone who will have a clear idea of how we want to play.

**** me, sell up.

Connor Roy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Riaz said:

If he said he expects us top half fair enough...

With the next two games coming up - i expect us to be top half.

But if they think we should be chasing promotion, they are deluded

& anyone with half a brain when hearing him say that, would rebut it with “you do know you were 2 points off 5th this time last week?”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Even in a short edited video he manages to make the following embarrassing statement that we are looking for “the first time” for someone who will have a clear idea of how we want to play.

Which is funny considering that’s supposedly been the approach since LJ, and all that crap about DNA.

54 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Our chairman thinks the squad Nigel Pearson has built is "one of the best since I've been involved" - but decides to sack the manager after two defeats in a row, one week after we were eighth in the table and when he has only 12 senior players available.

Let that sink in for a minute.

He's lying. He's sitting there lying to us. It's absolutely disgraceful.

Sums it up perfectly. 

For balance, he was on a hiding to nothing. We’re angry and p’d off so it would have needed to be some statement to provide any positives. 

However, JL is patently not capable and does not have the leadership, communication, experience or any of the skills required to be in an executive position. His old man would never have put him in charge of his main stockbroker business. 
a statement like that is as much as he is capable of. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m glad we are looking for a progressive, front foot, pressing coach. 
Most other clubs are looking for regressive, back foot, non-pressing coaches. 
So firstly, those words are just nonsense. 

Regards the playing style. Jon refers to us now having an identity that the new manager will be recruited into. 
And specifically that this is the first time they’ve had that clear vision. 
One thing - who has been responsible for implementing that vision throughout the club? 
Well, I’ve seen a very stylish document that explains the philosophy. It was put together when Gould was here and he told me that it was driven by Nigel. 

So, I guess it would have been nice for Nigel’s work on implementing the club philosophy to have been acknowledged.

Regards our ambition. I don’t know a single fan who had any expectations of promotion this season, so their ambition is very different to 99% if the fanbase.

But given this is their ambition and there is still 2/3rds of the season left, I am now fully expecting promotion and the new manager and the board will now be judged by me on this clear goal. 

If we don’t get promoted this season then I will now see it as a massive failure - and I will be blaming Jon. 

100% this. 

The Lansdowns have set the bar now. 

Top 6 minimum this season. That's the expectation we should all have. 

• Like 2

Is he actually being serious? He sacks a manager after 2 and a half years work to turn around the club and build the foundations for a push despite having little backing to do so. A squad full of players that are playing for the manager and a fan base that largely have faith in the manager….Then Jon Lansdown sacks him and when called for an explanation/rationale, he declines to go on Sound of the City and does a 2 minute video the next day.

The guy needs to get out of our club.

• Like 1

Just now, Atticus said:

100% this. 

The Lansdowns have set the bar now. 

Top 6 minimum this season. That's the expectation we should all have. 

No. Not top 6. Promotion. That’s the goal set by Jon. That’s what I will judge him on. 

• Like 12