IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

Just now, The chief said:

Sums it up perfectly. 

For balance, he was on a hiding to nothing. We’re angry and p’d off so it would have needed to be some statement to provide any positives. 

However, JL is patently not capable and does not have the leadership, communication, experience or any of the skills required to be in an executive position. His old man would never have put him in charge of his main stockbroker business. 
a statement like that is as much as he is capable of. 

Ultimately its Steve making all the decisions also. 

It's Steve that should be doing this, and explaining HIS decision. He should also be going on the local radio too. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Ian M said:

If you go to the offices at AG, OTIB is open on a tab on all the computers. We even did some market research for them and showed them that 98% of respondents wanted Nige to have a contract extension. They simply did not like Nige speaking truth to power and got rid.

Something has got to happen with the Lansdowns soon, because this just can’t carry on.

I listened to an amazing interview with a sports agent a few months ago. His advice was that in any sport, to build a link between fans and the team, there is one denominator - the truth. Fans aren’t stupid, in fact I know this may sound crazy, but some fans are smarter than the owners..,. Treat them with respect, and you will build something special. Lie or spin them, and they will feel deceived/like a customer.

I 100% disagree with the sacking, however if the board had of said “we simply cannot work with each other any longer, irreconcilable differences and one of us had to go” then at the very least I would think ok, I get that, it’s a very very poor situation to get into, but ok. But to hang him on a promotion target is just simply untrue and puts us in a “do they think we are stupid?” Mindset.

it’s a poor decision, but has been handled even more poorly. To look at it from another angle (their PR team should have been all over this), the justification they gave on his sacking now means the new manager HAS to be top 6 this season. With this squad and injury list, that’s a hell of a job.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, The chief said:

Sums it up perfectly. 

For balance, he was on a hiding to nothing. We’re angry and p’d off so it would have needed to be some statement to provide any positives. 

However, JL is patently not capable and does not have the leadership, communication, experience or any of the skills required to be in an executive position. His old man would never have put him in charge of his main stockbroker business. 
a statement like that is as much as he is capable of. 

I do agree with this to a point... I mean, they could've just not made such a bloody stupid decision in the first place! 🤣

• Like 2

Utterly embarrassing.

Unable to answer even questions that were created by his own staff, no wonder nobody was available for Radio Bristol, where they would have been eaten alive, even with the banal questions RB would muster.

Can only imagine what Nigel Pearson will be thinking when he sees that!

I was contemplating writing to him in a grown up enquiring ‘help me to understand’ manner (I would not have expected any response, it was going to be a cathartic exercise) however, I won’t be wasting my time.

If ever, there was a case of making a shocking, outrageous situation much worse this is it.

Shameful, clueless, and embarrassing.

Anybody know how much he gets paid as Chairman?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Public speaking or in front of a camera isnt for everyone and it certainly isn't for Jon. 

I don't know if that should rule him out of being chairman of a big football club? 

Maybe he should have someone do the talking for him but it doesn't work as it is. 

If only we had a CEO….

• Like 8

Refuses or forgets to answer the question about why we didn't invest more in the squad but we know the answer to that.

I can't get round what a new head coach can bring within the constraints and the restrictions that SL had set that Nigel wasn't bringing and seeing the steady progression of our club after a scattergun approach to trying to get out of the division.

Good player for us but since he went behind Danny Wilson's back and got him pushed I've always been hesitant on him.

Weasel behaviour, it's all very sly and stinks of a pushed narrative and any semblance of the truth has to be omitted.

Fair play to Nige for putting up with it for so long. 

Nothing will change until there's change at the top

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 38MC said:

Want a way of playing throughout the club  is interesting. Someone to follow Tinnion’s brief then. 

As JL said, we are already playing the same football throughout the youth system, NP insisted on it and BT implemented it. Its been successful as its easier for young players to be assimilated into the first team group, as we've all seen. Its not and never was "Tinnions brief" it came from NP and is a total success which is why the club will continue it.

As for the interview, completely dodged the question of why NP was sacked and nothing on investment, or rather non-investment.

He talked about getting to the EPL, well you don't do that by selling your best players bringing in 35m and spending 2m/3m. Doesn't make any sense at all. But I would bet my house on the new guy getting a big wedge in January (provided he is doing well and, more to the point, doing as he is told).

It is now more obvious than ever, I would say ratified, that SL and therefore JL wanted NP gone for non-footballing reasons as everything he said is what NP was doing.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ahhh the club PR machine is oiled up and ready to go

He's boasting about a £50m development but when Lansdown first got involved there were plans passed by Bristol City Council for a 12,000 wrap around the Williams and East End. It was scrapped. Why?

My numbers are a bit hazy after these years but lets say it was someting like £10m budgeted cost AND half of that would have been paid for by the FOOTBALL TRUST, who at that time were tasked with encouraging clubs to upgrade facilities.

I never understood why that didn't go ahead, can anyone with a better memory than me add to that?

I was very vocal on here many years ago regarding Aston Vale etc and the motives behind transferring the stadium. I was proved right in many respects. For example, SL claimed AG wasnt financially viable, but after AV didn't go ahead, guess what, he developed AG - leaving him with personal ownership of AV which had been purchased off the back of BCFC.

You lose the energy to keep on about it after a while.

But with what's going on now with Crayon Boy I'm considering cranking it up again.

EDITED for CrayonBoyEsque spelling mistakes.

Edited by NickJ
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

He's boasting about a £50m development but when Lansdown first got involved there were plans passed by Bristol City Council for a 12,000 wrap around the Williams and East End. It was scrapped. Why?

My numbers are a bit hazy after these years but lets say it was someting like £10m budgeted cost AND half of that would have been paid for by the FOOTBALL TRUST, who at that time were tasked with encouraging clubs to upgrade facilities.

I never understood why that didn't go ahead, can anyone with a better memory than me add to that?

I was very vocal on here many years ago regarding Aston Vale etc and the motives behind transferring the stadium. I was proved right in many respects. For example, SL claimed AG wasnt financially viable, but after AV didn't go ahead, guess what, he developed AG - leaving him with personal ownership of AV which had been purchased off the back of BCFC.

You lose the energy to keep on about it after a while.

But with what's going on now with Crayon Boy I'm considering cranking it up again.

EDITED for CrayonBoyEsque spelling mistakes.

Total capacity would have been 30k. Funding was supposedly in place - I still have the “Gatepost” with all the details. 

36 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Until the Lansdownes **** OFF, I ain’t going down AG.
That video is quite frankly taking the piss. If ever there was a need to rally the fans and explain the decision to sack Nige P, with a bit of clarity, it is now. What an opportunity missed. 

And we get that!

Did you read that as "our fans are very passionate" as "I think they're ******* stupid" and will turn up and spend their money regardless of how we run the club.

36 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Until the Lansdownes **** OFF, I ain’t going down AG.
That video is quite frankly taking the piss. If ever there was a need to rally the fans and explain the decision to sack Nige P, with a bit of clarity, it is now. What an opportunity missed. 

And we get that!

Did you read that as "our fans are very passionate" as "I think they're ******* stupid" and will turn up and spend their money regardless of how we run the club.

• Like 2

I hope we hold the club to the standards they've set out for Pearson.

Apparently the squad is good enough for promotion as it is - with no more additions and regardless of the injury crisis.

Therefore, we should be expecting the club to smash this next appointment and achieve promotion in May without signing any more players this season. Any less than that, and I'm sure the club will take action to compensate supports and remove JL, Tinnion, and the new manager from their roles due to under-performance?

• Like 3

Omg Lansdown (and now Tins). You’ve really not helped yourself in these videos. Made me and the majority of City fans even more livid than before. Shame I won’t be there Saturday as I might just might join in the protests.

I can only do the level headed empathetic approach for so long. I’m a big fan of giving the manager time to develop the culture and quality of a club and it’s identity.

In the past, moments of brief successes under previous managers painted over in hindsight that it was indeed built on a shaky foundation. In Nige the foundation across the club was absolutely being built and success was steady but progressive. Everything - a great manager, improved culture and squad was in place. A foundation readied for success and in time Premier League football.

Then Lansdown throws his toys out of the pram because he wants success NOW - in the same sense business wise he wants the deal done NOW. So he decides he doesn’t want the old man playing with his toys anymore and asks him to get out through a seemingly long prepared trap door.

Jon - no way is this squad promotion material. Maybe top half if injuries don’t impact upon us further. All Nige needed next was a little more money to invest to take us further up the ladder and become potential play-off candidates - maybe next year.

I don’t post on here too often but for the first time in 45 years of supporting my club I feel we as fans should bloody well tell the board what we feel come Saturday. 

Edited by pikeysrobins
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

As JL said, we are already playing the same football throughout the youth system, NP insisted on it and BT implemented it. Its been successful as its easier for young players to be assimilated into the first team group, as we've all seen. Its not and never was "Tinnions brief" it came from NP and is a total success which is why the club will continue it.

As for the interview, completely dodged the question of why NP was sacked and nothing on investment, or rather non-investment.

He talked about getting to the EPL, well you don't do that by selling your best players bringing in 35m and spending 2m/3m. Doesn't make any sense at all. But I would bet my house on the new guy getting a big wedge in January (provided he is doing well and, more to the point, doing as he is told).

It is now more obvious than ever, I would say ratified, that SL and therefore JL wanted NP gone for non-footballing reasons as everything he said is what NP was doing.

I agree it's how it started - your first para. Nigel was building a culture and building the way we wanted to play with Tinnion managing the pathway. But Tinnion is now our Tech Director and he's the tail wagging the dog quite clearly. SL probably believes that he's the sole person responsible for Semenyo and Scott and their development and Pearson just had to drop them in to the first team and do bugger all else. 

So I understand we want to have an identity and a way of playing, and it makes sense so you can chop and change manager's in the same mould without making wholesale changes. But we're beholden to Tinnion's view on what that is. That is undeniable from the latest car crash response. Instead of changing a manager requiring wholesale changes, what happens when Tinnion goes?   

Edited by 38MC

Its a classic example of terrible PR from City.

It's not just that they make bad strategic decisions, but they're not even able to talk about those bad decisions in an articulate or clever way.

Anyone in PR should be able to prep a smart set of answers to help him wriggle his way through a more comprehensive interview. 

He actually started well. The response about City fans being passionate was a clever reframing of the disdain fans have towards him and his dad. But even that well practiced response tailed off and all the subsequent answers were just pointless rambles.

We know the real reason: they didn't like Nigel's personality. So talk around that in a clever way, don't pretend that Ciry can win the league with our current squad. That's ridiculous. 

If I was City's PR team, I would have told him to spend time to praise Nige, therefore being in agreement with fans, but that they want someone with new energy and different working dynamic. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Well I see the hysteria hasn't abated this morning.

This was always going to be a hiding to nothing interview unless things were saidin exactly the way the baying mob wanted

Some of the abuse is completely unwarranted .

Give your collective heads a wobble

Some of the 'fans' behaviour is unreal 

All this because the club decided to change a manager FFS.

Not giving abuse, but surely in current climate you would expect a quick appointment of a new manager who they have lined up, rather than "process begins"

My main issue is you have two games that with Nige I would of been confident on us getting something even with the injuries. 

Now it seems we have the whole rigerous search again

I can see why fans are so annoyed, we believed in the current project despite results. If the club came out saying we aren't renewing Nige so we've cut ties as we have our candidate lined up and had to act now.. 

Well we may not like it but atleast there's a plan 

Tinnion interview for me is worse than the one from JL. We all know JL isn't the best in front of the camera.  But Tins.....really? You've essentially praised ALL of the work that Nige has done over the last couple of years.....without acknowledging his actual existence, and then admitted that we've been undone by an horrendous injury record. 

And yet he's been sacked. 

Side note, didn't Swindon sack Macari in the 80's only for him to be reinstated after the fans revolted? Different times! 

• Like 11

They are in-house videos with carefully selected questions and rehearsed answers.  Totally useless.  If they wanted to give interviews it should have been to neutral outside media. (Not a hop in hell's chance of that)

• Like 3