IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

51 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I'm not arguing with you here, I'm trust trying to learn. Is that your opinion, or is there some hard stats about Lampards teams being susceptible to counter attacks and conceding from set pieces?  Was that with every club he was at? I've haven't heard this before.   

Remember it being highlighted by a few tactics nerds and journalists such as Jonathan Wilson. 

Obviously he could have learnt from it and improved but would be a worry for me.

The main criteria for recruiting a new head coach is, in my humble opinion, likely to be cost. The new chap will have to accept around a third of Nigel's salary and instead of replacing Rennie, he will have to operate by using the local A&E.  Experience of being employed by "the bewildered" would also be an advantage.

• Like 1

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

The main criteria for recruiting a new head coach is, in my humble opinion, likely to be cost. The new chap will have to accept around a third of Nigel's salary and instead of replacing Rennie, he will have to operate by using the local A&E.  Experience of being employed by "the bewildered" would also be an advantage.

Players will have to spend 45 minutes ringing their GP only to be told that there are no appointments left for the day and ring back tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I do hope that the new coach doesn’t mean certain players shipping out (e.g King, Williams, TGH not being signed etc). 

I think the writing is on the wall for King, James and Williams to be moved on when their contracts are up. Likely to be high earners, so the club will look to move them on now they’ve not got the support of Nige. 

1 minute ago, redpole said:

I think the writing is on the wall for King, James and Williams to be moved on when their contracts are up. Likely to be high earners, so the club will look to move them on now they’ve not got the support of Nige. 

In the case of James and possibly King, I'm not sure they'd fancy hanging around anyway.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, redpole said:

Doubtful King is a high earner, less sure about the other 2.

Williams joined during the Ashton era, James well his CV is great but he joined us as we we're entering fiscal retrenchment.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Doubtful King is a high earner, less sure about the other 2.

Williams joined during the Ashton era, James well his CV is great but he joined us as we we're entering fiscal retrenchment.

Worried about not taking up the TGH option. Young, clearly talented. Would be a mistake not to keep him IMHO

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Local A& E would be a step up from the last two Clown Shows running our medical side.

• Haha 1