IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

6 minutes ago, Capman said:

No manager of substance is likely to want the gig. The board have made it clear, the criteria for success is to pander to the wishes of the footballing illiterate board. Why would anyone with a reputation want to submit their future to the whims of the ignorant?

As Steve Coppell worked out very early in his tenure here. 

We all know the board influence team selection, this is real life football manager & we are the customers. Maybe one day they’ll get it right by chance, instead of switching it up & following methods, models, data & pillars ffs. They leave Lam alone, yet he did rubbish last Year, get someone decent in & let them do their thing & maybe they’ll get an ounce of respect back. 

43 minutes ago, redpole said:

I think the writing is on the wall for King, James and Williams to be moved on when their contracts are up. Likely to be high earners, so the club will look to move them on now they’ve not got the support of Nige. 

I was wondering if things have come to a head this week partly because transfer discussions about next summer had already started -  with Pearson indicating he wanted new contracts for King, James, Williams, Weimann and others (we know who) disagreeing with him. 

I could understand the sacking if there was some rationale like that behind it. Or even if they said - We won't be renewing Nigel's contract, so him leaving now gives a new manager time to plan for January and next summer.

But no, we just get a load of laughable, incoherent bull. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

To even it out and play hypothetical... 

Say they approach a manager, promise them money in January. You have to look at what they are walking into now compared to what Pearson walked in to.. 

Solid team (when all fit), work ethic is now there and players that are hungry

You compare that to some squads where they are bloated with loans or look back when we had players having it "easy" 

I think it will appeal to most, just depends on if they are right for us, combined with the pain of current situation with injuries.

Am I gutted Pearson didn't have that chance absolutely, but slowly turning to intrigued where we go.. 

Get this right and who knows

Get this wrong and well could be absolutely disasterous 

Just now, Jose said:

Based on what? 12 games this season? 

Holding out a bit of hope that it’s not from credible 100% sure journos….will wait for Piercy’s confirmation either way. 

One full season in the champ, finished 17th last season. I just really wouldn’t see it as a step up on Nige in any way. And certainly wouldn’t really match the front foot exciting style they spoke about earlier on. 

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

I know very little about him other than Brum were gutted he left. No proven experience of getting out of this division though? Looks like LJ 2 to me.

I'm not sure a lot were. They weren't overly impressed with the style of football for one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

I've been thinking about this for a few days, but one name that keeps coming back into my head is...... Frank Lampard. 

So, I'm here to make a case for Frank Lampard as our potential manager. It's not just a whim; there's some real substance to this idea. So, why do I think Lampard is the perfect fit for us? Here's the lowdown.

First things first, let's talk Derby County. Remember how Lampard led them close to a Premier League promotion? In a league as unpredictable as the championship, we need a manager who's been through the grind, and Lampard has. He played some lovely football that season, and only lost the final to an insanely talented Leeds side managed by Bielsa.  

Lampard's love for nurturing young talents is another compelling reason. His time at Chelsea showcased his dedication to youth development, with the likes of Mason Mount and Tammy Abraham. Given our own budding youth academy, having a manager who's all about bring through academy talent and the next generation is gold for us (and whats wanted).

The style of football under Lampard is a breath of fresh air. He loves attacking, free-flowing play that gets fans off their seats. We're not just looking for wins; we're searching for those thrilling, heart-pounding moments. Lampard's philosophy aligns perfectly with that vision.

Now, remember, he's not just a manager; he's a football legend. Having someone who's been there, done that on the pitch can be a game-changer. He understands what it means to put on the shirt and step onto the pitch, and that experience can be priceless in motivating our players and the contact he has within the game will be huge.

His work ethic and ambition are off the charts.  Lampard's hunger for success is the kind of energy we need right now.

Lastly, there's the cultural fit. Lampard's down-to-earth nature and commitment to community engagement align with the spirit of Bristol City. It's more than just what happens on the pitch; it's about being part of the community and being accessible to the fans.

So, there you have it. Frank Lampard has the Championship experience, the passion, and the style to transform Bristol City. The potential is huge, and I'm all in for the Lampard era at Ashton Gate. 

My tin hat is firmly on, and I can't wait for the "welcome to the forum Frank" comments ;) 

Interesting argument for Frank. I’m not sure but I can also see that only a big name appointment like this will bring some of the fans around. Some of the names on the list are a hard sell when you compare them Pearson. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

If it’s Eustace then they clearly made their minds up just after he got sacked and just needed an excuse to sack Nige and jumped on a couple of losses in an injury depleted squad 

Probably made their mind up after they beat us in August, maybe thought "we can do a Birmingham"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

If it’s Eustace then they clearly made their minds up just after he got sacked and just needed an excuse to sack Nige and jumped on a couple of losses in an injury depleted squad 

Yep exactly that.

It appears we have some key players returning to training this week which makes it even harder for me to accept this decision. I fully believe Nige would have had us cooking again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slack said:

Well I went to soon with that, I can't say I've watched too much of Eustace teams... 

Anyone got a summary of style he goes for? 

He's a young manager with about 50 Championship games under his belt.

I'd advise him to appoint an experienced assistant to guide him along for a bit - fellow called Pearson would fit the bill very nicely, currently available and knows the club.

Job's a good un. 

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

He's a young manager with about 50 Championship games under his belt.

I'd advise him to appoint an experienced assistant to guide him along for a bit - fellow called Pearson would fit the bill very nicely, currently available and knows the club.

Job's a good un. 

Pearson should have been in the tech director role! And the current tech director let go IMO! 

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Don't be depressed, he is a good manager

Is he? What has he achieved? Dean Holden had us up there in September. 

• Like 1