IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Someone came on and said that it's definitely going to be Manning and provided a time frame for when it would be announced. That's all it seems to take.

Thank goodness social media wasn't around in the blitz. There'd be constant ITKs telling us when the next air raid was due. We would never emerge from our shelters. Although, thinking about it that wouldn't happen because if an ITK got it right about the next raid they'd be promptly arrested, tortured in the Tower of London and hung as a spy within a week. 

I've simply provided info that someone I trust has given me, from an outside club source

I'll take all pelters if it's wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I've simply provided info that someone I trust has given me, from an outside club source

No need to take any pelters.

If people want to believe what you wrote or pile on to what you wrote in a negative or positive way, thats down to them.

Edited by bcfc01

2 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Fair enough, nothing against you personally and if it proves to be correct more power to your elbow and thanks for informing us. But there have been several ITKs dropping hints for instance that the new head coach has German connections and cannot find any German connections with Manning. (It will probably be revealed later that his house was wired using material made in Berlin.)

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Someone came on and said that it's definitely going to be Manning and provided a time frame for when it would be announced. That's all it seems to take.

Thank goodness social media wasn't around in the blitz. There'd be constant ITKs telling us when the next air raid was due. We would never emerge from our shelters. Although, thinking about it that wouldn't happen because if an ITK got it right about the next raid they'd be promptly arrested, tortured in the Tower of London and hung as a spy within a week. 

Don’t you remember the ITKers during the pandemic? I reckon a good 10 times I was promised by people whose friends brother was in the army and were going to be deployed on the streets to keep people indoors. Alas. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Fair enough, nothing against you personally and if it proves to be correct more power to your elbow and thanks for informing us. But there have been several ITKs dropping hints for instance that the new head coach has German connections and cannot find any German connections with Manning. (It will probably be revealed later that his house was wired using material made in Berlin.)

How about "Don't panic Mr. Manning"

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

On 04/11/2023 at 09:11, CliftonCliff said:

Read this on waking this morning. I trust you felt better after posting this quite unnecessarily abusive rant. I doubtless have many faults, but being a halfwitted idiot isn’t one of them.

For the record, and for a bit of balance, I have on a fair few occasions in the past posted in defence of Lansdown when he’s been the subject of disproportionate or unwarranted criticism and, like the vast majority of supporters, I remain enormously grateful for what he’s contributed to the club, not least the stadium rebuild and the hugely improved training facilities.

None of which renders him immune to negative comment if and when he gets things wrong, which he plainly has, numerous times. There is a pretty stark contrast between his business acumen and his ability to judge and manage people, as has been pointed out countless times by many others besides me.

It isn’t just a question of money. Anyone who hasn’t detected a decline in the stewardship of the club over the last few years simply hasn’t been paying attention. What’s happened this week is fundamentally wrongheaded on so many levels it’s hard to know where to start. There’s a reason why there’s such an overwhelming consensus on a forum that is usually deeply divided on such issues. You are very much in a tiny minority in trying to defend the indefensible and your arguments are not made any more credible by personal attacks on individual posters.

This club now has a serious problem with a deeply dysfunctional ownership and you appear to be one of a very small number of people who don’t recognise that. 

Missed this post. 

Absolutely bang on the money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Recruitment:

The biggest subjective area re the players themselves.  I’m not gonna go into budgets, circumstances, etc.  But it is a collective process.  And in Nige’s case he’s probably the least involved manager in the game (subjective) in the middle part of that process.  He will set the needs, and do the final player check.  All the in-between is other people.  He will openly admit he doesn’t scout, although he does go to watch other games, just in the latter stage to get his own eyes on a player.  He empowers Tinnion and Gilhespy for talent Id / agent conversations and the finance stuff to the CEO.

So just like I saw recruitment as a collective under SL/MA/SG/LJ, it’s no different now…apart from involvement through the lifecycle.

So, whilst I think it has improved, if you want to have a view it’s far from optimal, you might want to look at who WAS involved in those signings you list and who are STILL here.  The only change to recruitment personnel is Nige being replaced by new head-coach.  The same people who crunched the data, scouted those players (physically and video) and decided who to put in front of Nige are still here.

I guess my final point is, the new set-up (assuming Curtis has gone / is going) is all JL and Tinnion’s men now.  The only 3/4 people who were involved but won’t be going forward are Nige, Jason, Dave and Phlegm.  I get the impression JL and BT have forgotten their own roles in the past 2.5 years!!! 😉

We can judge the next regime in 100% clarity.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION ANY OF US SHOULD EVER READ TO UNDERSTAND EXACTLY HOW OUR CLUB OPERATES

Whomever the next manager is, do not judge them solely on the results. The judgement should be made at the collective. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mozo said:

In the Post today:

Everyone really needs to stop talking about Frank Lampard. It's never been a thing and is even less of a thing now that Joe Edwards is taking the Millwall job.

I don't think the intel shared on here has been correct.

What am I missing here so far as understanding why Joe Edwards to Millwall impacts anything to do with Lampard and us? Not that I think for a second that FL is coming here!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Shows how the power of social media can influence these things

I think next time we have a manager go around, we all choose a niche name that we are ITK about.. see if we can hilariously get mentioned

IE this time we should of kept saying Warnock

• Like 1