IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

They were so badly conditioned going into the Coventry game that we got stronger as the game went on and our fitness was clearly one of the things that got us over the line in a game which we didn’t play particularly well.

Still, the outright lies seem to be getting bought by enough people on Twitter, so it’s worked a charm. I’d pay good money to see Dave Rennie put the nepo baby crayon shagger in his place.

I wouldnt say we got stronger from my memory it was a awful game from both teams.

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

An open goal scrambler that needs to be asked too…

So Jon, your most senior medical professional has left whilst lots of injuries still remain. We saw 4 players return to full training this week, so who’s making the decisions on players training & return to match days now?

Surely that will be ever ready and mutifunctional BT!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

It's not gonna be JL's opinion though is it, he's just repeating what someone else (probably BT) has whispered in his ear. 

With a failed League One manager constantly criticising his methods, I can understand why Nigel was irritated.

True, I mean Nige hasn’t got the association we have with him. He may well have thought “who the **** are you?”. It’s sad as in the Hen and Chicken session with Gould they seemed a good trio.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, !james said:

Can we not turn every thread into these weird arguments between certain posters?!

Either ignore eachother or private message eachother, no one else wants to read it (yes I have most of them on ignore myself).

If you've got it on ignore, why waste your time going on the forum, just stay off it

Just now, TV Tom said:

Buying Simpson was a poor move by Pearson for more than one reason

Ratified by Lansdown. Nige or any other manager cannot just go and sign the players they want to without Steve knowing or approving. Your moral ownership argument is shown to be questionable so you blame Pearson but the Owner gets away scot free. Steve was totally conned here and had no say in the matter....is that correct? He could easily have said "I understand why you want to bring him in Nige but you need to go and find a different experienced player I'm afraid".

• Like 1

Finished listening.

Really 42 mins of waffle.  All very nicely-nicey.  A few contradictions too.

In summary, JL has done nothing to change my opinion of him and the way he / SL run the club.

I’m still very open-minded on Tins.  I’ve heard lots of stuff on him this last week too, just like I have re Nige and Rennie and my overriding thought is - he’s in the spotlight now, it’s up to him to deliver.

I think there has been a helluva lot of BS put out there.  I’ve not heard much that changes my initial view.  My only anger is some felt it necessary to spread shit now.  All too convenient.

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I totally agree with this.
If you are to believe a poll on the matter now is representative of fan opinion, you can't just dismiss one 12 months earlier (with similar sample size) because you didn't like the result.

12 months ago a sizeable portion of City fans wanted him gone. 
12 months on that sizeable portion had changed their minds and wanted his stay extended.
It was at this point the board act and sack him. Then point that they are giving us what we wanted 12 months ago 😂

Am I missing the point? Are they dismissing the result because it doesn't fit their narrative or is it because events have changed since the first poll?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Finished listening.

Really 42 mins of waffle.  All very nicely-nicey.  A few contradictions too.

In summary, JL has done nothing to change my opinion of him and the way he / SL run the club.

I’m still very open-minded on Tins.  I’ve heard lots of stuff on him this last week too, just like I have re Nige and Rennie and my overriding thought is - he’s in the spotlight now, it’s up to him to deliver.

I think there has been a helluva lot of BS put out there.  I’ve not heard much that changes my initial view.  My only anger is some felt it necessary to spread shit now.  All too convenient.

Well said Fevs. I’m not sure on Tinnion either, but equally unsure as to whether my love for him as a player and bringing youth through is clouding things. As you say, he’s front and centre now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Ratified by Lansdown. Nige or any other manager cannot just go and sign the players they want to without Steve knowing or approving. Your moral ownership argument is shown to be questionable so you blame Pearson but the Owner gets away scot free. Steve was totally conned here and had no say in the matter....is that correct? He could easily have said "I understand why you want to bring him in Nige but you need to go and find a different experienced player I'm afraid".

I give up 😩

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Well said Fevs. I’m not sure on Tinnion either, but equally unsure as to whether my love for him as a player and bringing youth through is clouding things. As you say, he’s front and centre now. 

does that mean if we don't get promoted this year (or at least POs) he'll have to go?

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

“We’re not going to line someone up whilst someone’s still in charge, we have morals”

Ah so that’s why SO’D was near enough given the job at half time of McInnes’ last game then 🤣🤣🤣

Meh -bit damned if you do, damned if you don't on this.

My memory of the Derek McInnes sacking was SL really fronting up in a way that would have been welcome here. (Both results and football were terrible and the player culture out of control at that point so maybe it was a lot more straightforward to be upfront.)

Not been able to listen to the interview but picking things off here:-

Club communication post-Gould has been lamentable,  Nige stepped into the breach and dictated the narrative. Hence, why the hierarchy are on the back foot now. Shared BS CEO and media has been disasterous for the football club, despite what we were assured. Needs sorting now, particularly as we know JL and BT are not good public communicators.

The injuries are what did it for Nige. You don't need to be a sports scientist to determine that 12 injured out of a squad 24 odd players is a massive fail by any measure. So with JL on this one - assuming the pitches are ruled out as the reason. Nige's defence of bad luck and all bar one are impact injuries didn't wash with me either.

What is undoubtedly an absolute fail is not having anyone lined up to replace Nige. Frankly that is amateur beyond belief.

What a total shambles this has been from the start to the current point of this messy saga. When we look back to having the best CEO in the Championship to a now a deleted post, the best shirts to the worst, one of the best managers to none, one of the best media teams to something that appears to have gone mute... it would appear things can only get better. But this is Bristol City so we may yet have a way to go.

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If SL had blocked that NP would probably have walked out in week 1 so Steve didn't have much choice 

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I get your point here, but you could also view it that he’s just the spokesperson for the wider views held by the club and that it’s an opinion informed by those who are experts in such matters? I may be wrong, just trying to be objective and not immediately jump on everything the guy says and call him out on it. 

My point was more the contradiction. He was happy to share his comments on the players fitness regime but “I don’t want to talk about the football - there are others more qualified than me to do that”. 
If there were others telling him about the fitness I’m sure they’ve told him about the football too. 
Why is he happy to comment on one but not the other? 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1