IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

7 minutes ago, !james said:

I guess fair play for asking questions that most fans are asking but I can't imagine JL gives a response and also I'm pretty sure Joe Sims is pretty 'in' with the club so won't be upsetting the hierarchy much. 

Yeah this. Joe is very much part of the “establishment” at the club and also isn’t a professional journalist a la Geoff Twentyman. They look the right questions but again, a pre recorded (and assumedly) sanitised version with a friendly face as opposed to fronting up in a proper interview is a small step forward but it’s not exactly holding yourself up to scrutiny is it?

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah this. Joe is very much part of the “establishment” at the club and also isn’t a professional journalist a la Geoff Twentyman. They look the right questions but again, a pre recorded (and assumedly) sanitised version with a friendly face as opposed to fronting up in a proper interview is a small step forward but it’s not exactly holding yourself up to scrutiny is it?

He's in corporate on Saturday as guest of the club!?!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kingswood Robin said:

They'll have to step out of the bubble at some point. This in-house stuff just isn't good enough.

Soft soap. The chance of any controvercy or conflict to zero. Get Owers in (or even Twentyman back for a cameo) and do it live, and it has potential.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, !james said:

I guess fair play for asking questions that most fans are asking but I can't imagine JL gives a response and also I'm pretty sure Joe Sims is pretty 'in' with the club so won't be upsetting the hierarchy much. 

Spot on, was gonna post something similar. Sims is right up their backsides, he won’t be asking anything that upsets them.

Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

Football club in wanting to control the message shocker.

Modern clubs are PR or aspire to be PR fortresses. How it often is.

I know of a national journalist interviewed by someone I know who said Chelsea were particularly terrible for this. Sometime in the 2000s or 2010s.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Football club in wanting to control the message shocker.

Modern clubs are PR or aspire to be PR fortresses. How it often is.

I know of a national journalist interviewed by someone I know who said Chelsea were particularly terrible for this. Sometime in the 2000s or 2010s.

Ironic that theyve spent the last three years letting Pearson control the narrative

Mainly because they couldnt own their previous financial balls ups

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ironic that theyve spent the last three years letting Pearson control the narrative

Mainly because they couldnt own their previous financial balls ups

Don't disagree but it is to be expected in this day and age.

Honourable exception to Gould who I see as a big miss. Not as big as NP of course.

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Do it live you cowards. 

And with a journalist.

He basically apologised for asking each question ‘so, our nige, you know, there weren’t necessarily, you know, people, you know, ummm baying for his head, ummmm, so why did you make that decision?’ 

oooh new manager frank lampard maybe ‘laugh laugh laugh’ like it’s an exciting prospect right now. 

Edited by 38MC