IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

2 minutes ago, Redfest said:

They are dribbling 1 min clips every so often then repeating that clip, might be a 5 min interview all in but 2 mins of that is rubbish about Football Manager, this was never going to be a hard hitting interview.

I'm fully expecting the final question to be him asking Jon if he puts his own bin out. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Top 10 budget…..really?

Find that hard to believe now!

Making the decision now he’s in the final part of his contract. We’ve got another 30-odd games to go.

Why not get the injuries back and then see where we go?

The Lansdowns and Tinnion wanting any excuse to get rid.

To be replaced by……a manager from the lower leagues!

Top 10 budget, no chance. Otherwise we are massively over paying Weimann, Wells, James, Dickie and Cornick (can’t see anyone else on big wages?).

Also the week before Nigel was sacked we were 8th, so surely that’s where we should be IF true.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well at least they are fixing the iron bridge at Kings Weston road. 

They got me listening . :laughcont:

I'm now deep in thought about my perfectly nice bin and how it's unmarked and how my neighbours may have their eyes in it. 

I'm now getting some binsecurity about the potential of someone stealing my bin this morning once it's been emptied. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If JL accepts that communication hasn't been good enough like he says, then do something about it!!!

Get himself on a podium in the South Stand with a mic for 2moros game. Don't just tell us it's not good enough, we know that. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. 

With our PA system we will still be in the dark

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Whitchurch said:

Not sure what it is about that joe sims I’m sure he’s a nice bloke but for me he tries too hard to be “Bristolian”

He got on the number 2 bus on the Wells Road in Knowle yesterday, got off at BBC studios on the Whiteladies Road and said "cheers drive" when he got off, could you be any more Bristolian ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

The thing Is ( I'm not pro lansdown btw)...

Everyone and their dog has been moaning about the lack of communication from the club  and as soon as an interview is released everyone moans about every word that's said.

That would be a risk to public safety 😂

Well yeah… That’s not the issue though is it? It’s not up to us to control what is actually communicated. They have professionals who deal with PR but I expect like Prince Andrew, they are too arrogant to acknowledge the damage they are doing.

Radio Bristol making a bad situation even worse with this pathetic interview.   The clown asking the questions seems awestruck by JL who, as per usual, is unable to string two coherent sentences together.   And the idea of staggering the clips is just plain stupid.    I've been listening for an hour and am still waiting for a single new piece of information about the mess we are in. 

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Well yeah… That’s not the issue though is it? It’s not up to us to control what is actually communicated. They have professionals who deal with PR but I expect like Prince Andrew, they are too arrogant to acknowledge the damage they are doing.

Don't think it's anything like prince Andrew

It's Friday mate chill out 

17 minutes ago, Selred said:

Top 10 budget, no chance. Otherwise we are massively over paying Weimann, Wells, James, Dickie and Cornick (can’t see anyone else on big wages?).

Also the week before Nigel was sacked we were 8th, so surely that’s where we should be IF true.

He failed to mention its a top 10 budget for league one.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Simply don’t believe it.

By top ten does he really mean a budget that is higher than all but 9 other teams in our division?

So once you take out the parachute payment teams (6?) we still have a higher budget than virtually everyone else?

Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stoke? Cardiff?  Birmingham? West Brom? At least 3 of these?

This is after shedding Bentley, Dasilva, Martin, Klose & the young talent Semenyo, Scott, from the wage bill.

We apparently have reduced it from £30m in LJ’s time to £17m under Nige.

Not having it, it’s a lie.

100%.

One of the smallest squads in the division. Carrying a massive trading profit. Based on squad size, we’d have to be paying our players 150%-200% of other clubs for this to be true, and considering how many are academy, that just holds no water.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I think Nige has a lot more class than the board, so I can't see him responding.

That, and he has most probably been gagged in some form too.

I hope he is sat back with his popcorn watching how this will pan out.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Simply don’t believe it.

By top ten does he really mean a budget that is higher than all but 9 other teams in our division?

So once you take out the parachute payment teams (6?) we still have a higher budget than virtually everyone else?

Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stoke? Cardiff?  Birmingham? West Brom? At least 3 of these?

This is after shedding Bentley, Dasilva, Martin, Klose & the young talent Semenyo, Scott, from the wage bill.

We apparently have reduced it from £30m in LJ’s time to £17m under Nige.

Not having it, it’s a lie.

Have they defined "budget"? 

Is it the sum of wages we actually pay or is it the potential maximum we could pay (I know we've been told we're already at that level).

Is it playing staff or coaching staff as well or what?

Is it transfer budget - ie the capital amount we could pay to another club for a transfer?

I would assume they mean actual wages paid to playing staff - I think that's the normally accepted meaning of "budget". If that is the measure then there's no way we are top ten. 

• Like 2