IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

Anybody expecting a Geoff Twentyman more forensic style interview will be disappointed of course. Just like with Nige, Geoff is gone and will be missed. However Joe is a passionate fan not a Journalist and his style is to relax the person he is interviewing. Many City fans may not be in the mood for banter from Joe but the majority of his audience tune in for that. 

The interesting bits for me so far have been the unusually long breaks the players were given during the International Breaks. Had LJ done that followed by an injury crisis then there would have been pandemonium on here and rightly so.

Secondly that the list of possible candidates put out by the bookies and media are apparently very wide of the mark. Some of our IDK’s have seemingly correctly dismissed names like Lampard but unless I have missed something they don’t seem to be coming up with the names that are under consideration. That suggests their knowledge is more at the level that those IDK’s in the media have but not any more than that. I’m always glad to read their input but does anyone actually know who is under consideration ?

Finally and not surprisingly that Communication these days is hampered more than helped by a toxic Social Media. That unfortunately is not limited to football clubs but all in the public eye. I think more frequent interviews with the likes of Radio Bristol without using it just for damage limitation as appears to be the case of late and also to improve communication with our Supporters trust. Personally I am disgusted with the way things have been handled by the club but I will keep an open mind and listen to the whole interview to see if anything in any way lessons the anger that I feel as a supporter of 60 years.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Math Withers on now pulling the “could be Reading, could be Weds” card and saying Lansdown has “fronted up”.

I’m going to use this nonsense argument with all players that ever receive criticism.

Dont think Max is good enough? Be careful what you wish for, we could have Elliott Parish.

Cornick played badly? Think yourself lucky, we could have Bas Savage instead.

About as good an argument as it is original.

• Like 12
  • Flames 6

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But according to the board we have at this moment in time a top 10 budget and a squad good enough for promotion. So when the new man comes in and we finish the season in say 12th place, is he fired for not delivering what the board feel is a very simple task of promotion as everything is in place to do so?

I think the board have put themselves in a dangerous position really. If they get the wrong man and we plummet down the table - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility in the Championship - then very quickly things are going to turn very toxic, moreso than it is now. If the team is a top 10 team then we the fans now expect top 10. We (the majority anyway) expected a top 10 finish under NP so this 'improved' manager has to achieve that. Playing front foot attacking football. Good luck

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Anybody expecting a Geoff Twentyman more forensic style interview will be disappointed of course. Just like with Nige, Geoff is gone and will be missed. However Joe is a passionate fan not a Journalist and his style is to relax the person he is interviewing. Many City fans may not be in the mood for banter from Joe but the majority of his audience tune in for that. 

The interesting bits for me so far have been the unusually long breaks the players were given during the International Breaks. Had LJ done that followed by an injury crisis then there would have been pandemonium on here and rightly so.

Secondly that the list of possible candidates put out by the bookies and media are apparently very wide of the mark. Some of our IDK’s have seemingly correctly dismissed names like Lampard but unless I have missed something they don’t seem to be coming up with the names that are under consideration. That suggests their knowledge is more at the level that those IDK’s in the media have but not any more than that. I’m always glad to read their input but does anyone actually know who is under consideration ?

Finally and not surprisingly that Communication these days is hampered more than helped by a toxic Social Media. That unfortunately is not limited to football clubs but all in the public eye. I think more frequent interviews with the likes of Radio Bristol without using it just for damage limitation as appears to be the case of late and also to improve communication with our Supporters trust. Personally I am disgusted with the way things have been handled by the club but I will keep an open mind and listen to the whole interview to see if anything in any way lessons the anger that I feel as a supporter of 60 years.

Just as a point of order - it’s “ITK” as in “ In the Know”. You’ve just called people “I don’t knows”

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Didn’t Craig Fleming yesterday say they always have time off during the international break. Can’t really see what the problem is if they have always done it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tin said:

There’s nothing transparent about pre-recorded, scripted interviews, though. That is not effective communication.

All they are trying to do is shape the narrative, deflecting attention away from their ineptitude.

Most of the ‘communication’ doesn’t stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny either. It’s complete shite and they expect us all to swallow it.  

Yes and anything that was said that JL didn't like would have been edited out. I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Perhaps Johnson should’ve done that more, we usually came back after international breaks playing abysmally. I think @Olé once wrote a thread on it. 

Like Fleming said, I don’t believe many of the injuries occurred out of games did they?

Anyone know if they played the interview in full or did they play clips throughout the show?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

You can’t say that Jon doesn’t pick his opponents. 

Can’t wait to see the grilling from the next interviewers on his list, Red & Robyn for the Junior Reds magazine. 

He really is a gutless and, comes across as, unpleasant individual isn’t he? What they’re actually doing in the current “PR” strategy is toxifying anyone who comes near, because they only want soft soap non questioning - so the interviewers become complicit in the charade.

Just put yourself up for one proper interview Jon. I’m sure Geoff would come out of retirement to do it. You’d actually gain some respect, possibly some self respect, and not keep coming across as a spoilt, entitled, brat.

• Like 4

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

He really is a gutless and, comes across as, unpleasant individual isn’t he? What they’re actually doing in the current “PR” strategy is toxifying anyone who comes near, because they only want soft soap non questioning - so the interviewers become complicit in the charade.

Just put yourself up for one proper interview Jon. I’m sure Geoff would come out of retirement to do it. You’d actually gain some respect, possibly some self respect, and not keep coming across as a spoilt, entitled, brat.

One of the guys from subs bench would’ve been good 

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Math Withers on now pulling the “could be Reading, could be Weds” card and saying Lansdown has “fronted up”.

So, Jon’s been interviewed by a quasi club employee and now we have the podcast who are “in” with the club. Nice balance guys, nice balance.

Same bloke who is on 3PIAP sponsored by huboo!

Chocolate and fireguard spring to mind

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The truth?

I'm afraid in business it just not done to wash all of your dirty laundry in public, otherwise it would just become a public slanging match which is not good for anyone. As fans we see only a tiny proportion of what goes on behind the doors of the club, on the forum we may get tip bits from a couple who are ITK, but this may be 2nd or 3rd hand rumours or we get plenty of waffle stated as facts.

At a guess, the relationship between NP and the board (possible including Tins), had broken down, maybe to do with selling Scott and further player recruitment or player training and fitness, NP's alleged absence from training, concerns about his health or maybe just a general bust up. With any of these issues, their would be 2 sides to the argument and what had been discussed, so whilst most see NP as the good guy (as we like him and relate to him, including myself) and the board as evil, we don't know the full picture.

It would seem that there was no way NP's contract was going to be renewed, so in a way would have left us in a degree of limbo, as the board were not going to let a manager they did not see as the future spend money on players or have no money left for a new manager coming in, hence the "nest egg" comment.

Whilst I am gutted to see Nige go, as he is near the end of his contract, which was not going to be renewed, it was probable for the best and they have been looking for the opportunity however limp to out him, but at least a new head coach can come in, assess what we need and no doubt have money to spend in the next window, so in terms of progress as long as the new quy does not **** it up, we may be better off.

We know that JL is not comfortable public speaking, and to make it worse he is having to spin the narrative about results for NP's departure, whilst knowing the full true story, but that is what happens its PR spin, although may have been better advised to keep quiet, but can not comment to heard the interview.

In a funny way, I think this may have done Nige a favour, he can now concentrate on the most important thing, his health without the stress of football management or contracts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

From NP this morning.

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

I would like to thank the incredible consultants, nurses, staff and medical students at Kings College Hospital, in London, where I am staying this week, undergoing numerous tests to help determine my future treatment, in the hope of making a full recovery...

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

The staff here are a shining example of the excellence of our wonderful NHS. I cannot thank them enough for their professionalism, dedication, excellence, and making me plenty of cups of tea. Thank you. Cheers, Nige. x

How many would even consider making any comment about a stay on hospital?

Yes he calls a spade a spade but is always very quick to thank and praise people for trying their best.

That is how to manage people and make them feel and perform to the best of their ability.

I hope he has a healthy remainder to his life. Thank you Nigel just for being open and straightforward with all of us.

Who do you want to win tomorrow?

City or a club you played for and have a good feeling as a supporter. Will you be moving back there or staying in yokels Somerset.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

"I wanted to speak to Jon about whether him and his family get enough credit" 

Oh Joe, what an embarrassment. 

I posted the following yesterday. Satire is dead!

"Now Jon I demand a straight answer on this, no avoiding the question,the fans deserve some honesty"

"OK, I'm happy to do that"

"So, what is it that makes your Dad so great?"

" Um..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

404 people out of 18k users. 

404 out of a fanbase of 40-50k.

Like I said, small minority. 

And 11 months in football is a long time 

I admit I was one who wanted change but since the Semenyo sale and then Scott with hardly any money given for transfers on top of wage cutting I changed my mind.

This season I could see what Pearson was working with. I wanted him to stay.

With a bit of cash, I firmly believe we'd have been challenging 

19 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Caller has a dig at City fans for having goes at the Lansdowns. He tells us to talk to fans of Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff before having a go at our owners. Maybe while chatting to them we can also ask them what the Premier League was like. 

Hate this sort of attitude. 

People in the world have it worse off than we do here in the UK, does that mean our feelings about certain things are not valid because it could be worse? 

Who does he think he is thinking he can dismiss our feelings about OUR situation because others have it worse? 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

24 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Caller has a dig at City fans for having goes at the Lansdowns. He tells us to talk to fans of Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff before having a go at our owners. Maybe while chatting to them we can also ask them what the Premier League was like. 

Jeeez.. we don’t hear from the fool for months, now he’s doing a couple of dodgy interviews and calling into radio stations..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You just know that Geoff has been watching all this and itching to lay into JL, so to speak. 

Such a shame GT retired as I think he would have put them in a position where they couldn’t not go on what would have been his pre-match show tomorrow. 

• Like 1

To me as an unqualified person. It seems obvious that if you have such a small squad which is already depleted by injuries, then you'd give them rest when you can. 

That should have been what Joe said to Jon when Jon spoke about the excessive rest. He should then of also gone on and said the reason why we have such a small squad that needs rest is because you failed to invest any of the Alex Scott money.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But according to the board we have at this moment in time a top 10 budget and a squad good enough for promotion. So when the new man comes in and we finish the season in say 12th place, is he fired for not delivering what the board feel is a very simple task of promotion as everything is in place to do so?

Yes,,, and will tinnion be fired for not employing the correct manager to get our top 6 squad into the top 6?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

• Admin
33 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I’m going to use this nonsense argument with all players that ever receive criticism.

Dont think Max is good enough? Be careful what you wish for, we could have Elliott Parish.

Cornick played badly? Think yourself lucky, we could have Bas Savage instead.

About as good an argument as it is original.

Why did no-one go up to Jon a week ago and say "it could be worse, you could have Joey Barton!" 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3