IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Just put me on ignore its way quicker👍

Seriously.   That’s your answer to a very basic question asking why you think people on here would support someone’s pov purely because they have been on OTIB longer than you?  

Very odd…

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Is it no wonder the club don't communicate much, the majority on here wanted them to speak they did and ok the 1st 2 minute interview was crap, and not at all what we deserved, they then do an interview with Radio Bristol reveal a little bit more of their thinking which they've explained was down to the injuries and time off over the international break and still that's not good enough for people. I loved Nigel and what he did for us in his time here, but i just feel there has been a huge over reaction to this. I'm not really sure what people want them to say. 

That's the problem when the blame lays with you and you're asked to explain yourself, there really isn't much you can say that's going to change minds. Ultimately the board have messed up and now they're trying to spin it so it sounds like they haven't. 

What Lansdown said sounds like utter lies and if its not then the club is being run piss poorly, which again, is down to the board. 

Am I see is someone caught in the headlights as they're to blame and they're trying every angle to shift that blame, but after so many repeats of the same mistakes there really isn't anyone left to blame. 

• Like 2

Joe Sims is a comedian / actor. He’s not a proper journalist, so that’s why JL agreed to the interview as he knows it’s going to be an easy ride. I’m not expecting much from the full interview apart from Joe Sims trying to be funny. I hope to be proved wrong 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grifty said:

Is that not a fair opinion though?

It's a 'safer' thought and probably better for the club than the people out there who think "get anyone in instead of SL".

Depends on want you want I guess. If it’s season after season of mid table championship football, occasional flirt with relegation but hope that will be season something might happen, then the Lansdown’s are fine.

If you want something more than that I don’t see how you can think Lansdown selling up is a bad thing.

Look at this morning, they are coming out with barefaced lies! Top 10 budget??? What a ridiculous statement! And even if true, why not use this so called budget for real investment in the squad?

1 minute ago, Spike said:

That's the problem when the blame lays with you and you're asked to explain yourself, there really isn't much you can say that's going to change minds. Ultimately the board have messed up and now they're trying to spin it so it sounds like they haven't. 

What Lansdown said sounds like utter lies and if its not then the club is being run piss poorly, which again, is down to the board. 

Am I see is someone caught in the headlights as they're to blame and they're trying every angle to shift that blame, but after so many repeats of the same mistakes there really isn't anyone left to blame. 

How have they messed up, they are privy to what goes on behind the scenes far more than we are. And we don't know they've messed up until the new person is appointed and he's given a period of time to get results, if he comes in and does well no one will have a problem if he comes in and we struggle then of course they messed up, as I said previously I loved Pearson what he stood for what he was trying to do. He has installed a great working environment.

I think even if they came out and told the truth the majority wouldn't be happy because nige has gone, its tough to take when someone you like goes. 

One thing I will say though in order for this club to be successful I believe the lansdowns need to sale up and move on. 

• Like 2

From NP this morning.

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

I would like to thank the incredible consultants, nurses, staff and medical students at Kings College Hospital, in London, where I am staying this week, undergoing numerous tests to help determine my future treatment, in the hope of making a full recovery...

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

The staff here are a shining example of the excellence of our wonderful NHS. I cannot thank them enough for their professionalism, dedication, excellence, and making me plenty of cups of tea. Thank you. Cheers, Nige. x
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

How people are unable to put this news together with Nige leaving is beyond me. Imo the club did not feel Nige was fit enough to perform all his duties as manager e.g be out on training field every day. 

Due to this they weren’t prepared to offer him a new contract. They decided to pull the trigger now so the new manager can have a say on comings and goings in January. They obviously can’t say this as they could be liable for unfair dismissal. This would all seem fair enough to me. 

But they haven't dismissed him? Football managers don't get sacked, they either have their contract paid up in full, (likely what has happened here) or they agree a Settlement to pay a portion of the contract until they find a new job. (mutual consent) 

So there would be no recourse for unfair dismissal as Jon could say we've got rid because I thought he was a bit of a bell and there would be no issue. It's not like me or you getting sacked which is incredibly rare in football. 

• Like 1

Joe's a proper city fan. We have a mutual friend and I've chatted with him down the gate a few times. Doesn't strike me as someone to prop up the establishment. Wants best for the club I'm sure.

Has it aired yet? Link appreciated if it has...

Edited by Thomas_red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattredrobin said:

How have they messed up, they are privy to what goes on behind the scenes far more than we are. And we don't know they've messed up until the new person is appointed and he's given a period of time to get results, if he comes in and does well no one will have a problem if he comes in and we struggle then of course they messed up, as I said previously I loved Pearson what he stood for what he was trying to do. He has installed a great working environment.

I think even if they came out and told the truth the majority wouldn't be happy because nige has gone, its tough to take when someone you like goes. 

One thing I will say though in order for this club to be successful I believe the lansdowns need to sale up and move on. 

Exactly this, if a new man comes on and we do very well this will be forgotten. Sometimes I think people enjoy the possibility of failing over the what ifs

But yeah the lansdowns time is up I think 

Not sure if i have this right, i was trying to see how we stack up for our "Top 10 Budget"

I looked at transfermarkt.co.uk and came up with the below

CHAMPIONSHIP SPEND 23/24

CLUB Spend
LEEDS UNITED € 118.90
LEICESTER CITY € 101.50
SOUTHAMPTON FC € 62.50
HULL CITY € 39.53
STOKE CITY € 38.75
COVENTRY CITY € 38.25
BIRMINGHAM CITY € 34.95
SWANSEA CITY € 31.70
MIDDLESBROUGH FC € 29.30
NORWICH CITY € 27.25
SUNDERLAND AFC € 25.05
SWANSEA CITY € 23.90
CARDIFF CITY € 23.60
MILLWALL FC € 20.95
WEST BROMWICH ALBION € 19.45
IPSWICH TOWN € 19.25
BRISTOL CITY € 17.65
BLACKBURN ROVERS € 15.60
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE € 15.15
PRESTON NORTH END € 14.62
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY € 11.15
ROTHERHAM UNITED € 9.80
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN € 9.30
QUEENS PARK RANGERS € 8.25
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

From NP this morning.

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

I would like to thank the incredible consultants, nurses, staff and medical students at Kings College Hospital, in London, where I am staying this week, undergoing numerous tests to help determine my future treatment, in the hope of making a full recovery...

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

The staff here are a shining example of the excellence of our wonderful NHS. I cannot thank them enough for their professionalism, dedication, excellence, and making me plenty of cups of tea. Thank you. Cheers, Nige. x

Firstly, all the best Nige wishing you a speedy recovery.

secondly, BCFC giving their manager the arse a couple of days before he was due to be admitted to hospital for a week for which they were no doubt fully aware. Classy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, noize said:

Not sure if i have this right, i was trying to see how we stack up for our "Top 10 Budget"

I looked at transfermarkt.co.uk and came up with the below

CHAMPIONSHIP SPEND 23/24

CLUB Spend
LEEDS UNITED € 118.90
LEICESTER CITY € 101.50
SOUTHAMPTON FC € 62.50
HULL CITY € 39.53
STOKE CITY € 38.75
COVENTRY CITY € 38.25
BIRMINGHAM CITY € 34.95
SWANSEA CITY € 31.70
MIDDLESBROUGH FC € 29.30
NORWICH CITY € 27.25
SUNDERLAND AFC € 25.05
SWANSEA CITY € 23.90
CARDIFF CITY € 23.60
MILLWALL FC € 20.95
WEST BROMWICH ALBION € 19.45
IPSWICH TOWN € 19.25
BRISTOL CITY € 17.65
BLACKBURN ROVERS € 15.60
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE € 15.15
PRESTON NORTH END € 14.62
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY € 11.15
ROTHERHAM UNITED € 9.80
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN € 9.30
QUEENS PARK RANGERS € 8.25

Cheers, got one for 'net spend'? We'd be even lower

1 minute ago, FNQ said:

Firstly, all the best Nige wishing you a speedy recovery.

secondly, BCFC giving their manager the arse a couple of days before he was due to be admitted to hospital for a week for which they were no doubt fully aware. Classy.

Yep best wishes to him. 

24 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

There are plenty of Newcastle fans who would prefer their owners not to be Saudi  

There's plenty more enjoying the ride close to the top of the prem, quarter finals of the caribou cup and watching their team play the top European sides in the champion league!

I'd take that I think!

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Depends on want you want I guess. If it’s season after season of mid table championship football, occasional flirt with relegation but hope that will be season something might happen, then the Lansdown’s are fine.

If you want something more than that I don’t see how you can think Lansdown selling up is a bad thing.

Look at this morning, they are coming out with barefaced lies! Top 10 budget??? What a ridiculous statement! And even if true, why not use this so called budget for real investment in the squad?

But those aren't the two options.

It is SL stays and we stay as we are, a new person comes in and revolutionises the club and we get promotion and a sustained time in the top division or someone comes in, strips the club, and we struggle/plummet into the lower divisions.

People who say SL to stay maybe don't want to have the risk of potentially losing the club for the chance of better. you wouldn't bet your house on a poker game (or shouldn't anyway!)

I just don't get the comments and 'anger' towards people who say "it could be worse, look at Sheff Wed, Reading, etc". I'm happy to support City in any division playing any football, but I want to support them! Not have someone come in, try and change the name, colour of the shirt, not care about the club, etc.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, frenchred said:

There's plenty more enjoying the ride close to the top of the prem, quarter finals of the caribou cup and watching their team play the top European sides in the champion league!

I'd take that I think!

That's fine, most football supporters would support anyone as long as the results are there, even Joey Barton !!!!  

1 minute ago, grifty said:

But those aren't the two options.

It is SL stays and we stay as we are, a new person comes in and revolutionises the club and we get promotion and a sustained time in the top division or someone comes in, strips the club, and we struggle/plummet into the lower divisions.

People who say SL to stay maybe don't want to have the risk of potentially losing the club for the chance of better. you wouldn't bet your house on a poker game (or shouldn't anyway!)

I just don't get the comments and 'anger' towards people who say "it could be worse, look at Sheff Wed, Reading, etc". I'm happy to support City in any division playing any football, but I want to support them! Not have someone come in, try and change the name, colour of the shirt, not care about the club, etc.

But according to the board we have at this moment in time a top 10 budget and a squad good enough for promotion. So when the new man comes in and we finish the season in say 12th place, is he fired for not delivering what the board feel is a very simple task of promotion as everything is in place to do so?