IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Probably when 56% on here wanted him sacked.

So isn’t the logic behind that argument we could have sacked him before when a majority on a completely unrepresentative poll wanted to, but didn’t.

Now in a similar poll the overwhelming majority (similarly unrepresentative numbers) don’t want this, so we have.

Holds absolutely no water at all, sacking someone because we have lost 2 games & blaming him & Rennie for the injuries is horseshit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I agree, but there are people out there who think “we need to be careful what we wish for”!

Is that not a fair opinion though?

It's a 'safer' thought and probably better for the club than the people out there who think "get anyone in instead of SL".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Before he gave that interview, he was advised not to but was so arrogant that he went ahead anyway. 

How do you know this though,if you have a credible source then fair shout to you otherwise it's just words. End of the day you out post me so the little gang on here will back you  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So isn’t the logic behind that argument we could have sacked him before when a majority on a completely unrepresentative poll wanted to, but didn’t.

Now in a similar poll the overwhelming majority (similarly unrepresentative numbers) don’t want this, so we have.

Holds absolutely no water at all, sacking someone because we have lost 2 games & blaming him & Rennie for the injuries is horseshit.

No idea what Jon or Joe's "logic" might be.

Was just pointing out that there was a time, however fleeting it may have been, when a decent whack of fans wanted him sacked.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

How do you know this though,if you have a credible source then fair shout to you otherwise it's just words. End of the day you out post me so the little gang on here will back you  

Wow that’s a bit passive aggressive 😯

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23483769.lawyer-claims-warned-prince-andrew-not-bbc-interview/

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-17/prince-andrew-s-overruled-pr-advisor-s-recommendation-to-not-do-interview

Edited by exAtyeoMax

1 hour ago, Roe said:

I find it so baffling that Jon Lansdown seems to think he knows more about training and fitness than Pearson, Euell and Rennie. Madness 

But to be fair there's a few who post on here who seem to have a similar attitude.

Edited by Abraham Romanovich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So essentially what he is saying is that to their disposal they have the facilities, the squad, and the budget? To me that simply translates to we have "all the gear and no idea".

Also, when people talk about what Lansdown has done for the club and the danger of them selling up, why do people automatically assume we will end up like a Portsmouth, Reading or Bolton?.. Could it not of been possible if the Lansdowns sold up a while back we could of ended up Like a Brighton or Brentford? It just seems a lot of people assume Lansdown moving on would instantly be negative for the club, thats not always true, Newcastle are pretty happy since Mike Ashley sold up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why? If JL comes across badly and drops a load of clangers as expected,  then how is that Joe's fault, or reflect badly on him?

The PR from City is dreadful, and tomorrow will expose this again. Is what it is, at least we all know where we are with it. 

Because Joe is giving the Lansdowns a platform to continue their charade and pretend they are accessible and responsive to the fans.

Let's see how hard a time Joe gave him.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

100%.

One of the smallest squads in the division. Carrying a massive trading profit. Based on squad size, we’d have to be paying our players 150%-200% of other clubs for this to be true, and considering how many are academy, that just holds no water.

I checked, it is 5 sides with parachute payments, so Norwich & Watford plus the 3 who came down.

Just to use our goalkeepers as an example we have Max, who has come through the academy, no way is he getting paid top dollar. His understudy Bajic has minimal league experience, mainly in the French second division, I reckon he’s on about £3k a week.

Top ten budget? My arse.

Is it no wonder the club don't communicate much, the majority on here wanted them to speak they did and ok the 1st 2 minute interview was crap, and not at all what we deserved, they then do an interview with Radio Bristol reveal a little bit more of their thinking which they've explained was down to the injuries and time off over the international break and still that's not good enough for people. I loved Nigel and what he did for us in his time here, but i just feel there has been a huge over reaction to this. I'm not really sure what people want them to say. 

1 minute ago, Mattredrobin said:

Is it no wonder the club don't communicate much, the majority on here wanted them to speak they did and ok the 1st 2 minute interview was crap, and not at all what we deserved, they then do an interview with Radio Bristol reveal a little bit more of their thinking which they've explained was down to the injuries and time off over the international break and still that's not good enough for people. I loved Nigel and what he did for us in his time here, but i just feel there has been a huge over reaction to this. I'm not really sure what people want them to say. 

The truth?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

1 minute ago, Mattredrobin said:

It’s almost like it was a stupid decision and it has nothing to do with the reasons being given….

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If the Lansdowns had come & said we are dismissing Nigel because he’s coming to the end of his contract that we will not  extend so best to make the change now to allow a new manager to have 32 games to build towards our ambition then I’d have more respect for them.

The fact that they are savaging men’s reputations such as Nige, Rennie & Euell is a cheap shot & frankly stinks. The top 10 budget has to be a myth but in essence the Lansdowns are cowards who hide behind results & inflicted injuries as the reason.

Just say it’s becoming untenable to work with Nige so let’s change direction. I’d have more time for them if they showed a degree of integrity but the constantly hide behind lies. Just grow a pair and tell the truth as we can deal with that !

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Get well NP. Good luck 

dNfRj938_x96.jpg

I would like to thank the incredible consultants, nurses, staff and medical students at Kings College Hospital, in London, where I am staying this week, undergoing numerous tests to help determine my future treatment, in the hope of making a full recovery...

How people are unable to put this news together with Nige leaving is beyond me. Imo the club did not feel Nige was fit enough to perform all his duties as manager e.g be out on training field every day. 

Due to this they weren’t prepared to offer him a new contract. They decided to pull the trigger now so the new manager can have a say on comings and goings in January. They obviously can’t say this as they could be liable for unfair dismissal. This would all seem fair enough to me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, noize said:

So essentially what he is saying is that to their disposal they have the facilities, the squad, and the budget? To me that simply translates to we have "all the gear and no idea".

Also, when people talk about what Lansdown has done for the club and the danger of them selling up, why do people automatically assume we will end up like a Portsmouth, Reading or Bolton?.. Could it not of been possible if the Lansdowns sold up a while back we could of ended up Like a Brighton or Brentford? It just seems a lot of people assume Lansdown moving on would instantly be negative for the club, thats not always true, Newcastle are pretty happy since Mike Ashley sold up.

There are plenty of Newcastle fans who would prefer their owners not to be Saudi  

• Like 1