IGNORED

Joe Sims interview with JL

Dastardly and Muttley

My feeling watching that is similar to his first interview. Which is that it’s fine JL saying he wants to appointment a manager who can get us higher up the table as long as he is prepared to take full responsibility if the new manager does not do that. 

If we are not top ten and around the play off places come May, I expect JL to be facing the media again and - rather than blaming yet another manager - explaining exactly how he got it wrong.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Roe said:

We need proper journalists ripping these pricks a new one

However nice Joe Sims is, all this shit about football manager etc is embarrassing. 

He's been the only person for a very long time to be able to question one of the Lansdowns and he waffles on about irrelevant crap. What a wasted opportunity. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Facepalm 1

Honestly they should just keep quiet because every time they put something out it's just fanning the flames, mostly because what they say doesn't stand up to scrutiny. We were a top 10 team before the injury crisis, I fully believe we would have been a top 10 team after the next 2 games. They've made their decision, we already know 'it's their club they do what they like', just shut up and find us a new manager

Edited by Dredd
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Honestly they should just keep quiet because every time they put something out it's just fanning the flames, mostly because what they say doesn't stand up to scrutiny. We were a top 10 team before the injury crisis, I fully believe we would have been a top 10 team after the next 2 games. They've made their decision, we already know 'it's their club they do what they like', just shut up and find us a new manager

The thing Is ( I'm not pro lansdown btw)...

Everyone and their dog has been moaning about the lack of communication from the club  and as soon as an interview is released everyone moans about every word that's said.

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

If JL accepts that communication hasn't been good enough like he says, then do something about it!!!

Get himself on a podium in the South Stand with a mic for 2moros game. Don't just tell us it's not good enough, we know that. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. 

That would be a risk to public safety 😂

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Everyone and their dog has been moaning about the lack of communication from the club  and as soon as an interview is released everyone moans about every word that's said.

Because it's not really communication, is it? 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If JL accepts that communication hasn't been good enough like he says, then do something about it!!!

Get himself on a podium in the South Stand with a mic for 2moros game. Don't just tell us it's not good enough, we know that. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. 

No podium required. Enough empty seats even when ‘sold out’. 

But seriously, if communication is something he recognises has become an issue, he needs to take advice as to the best way to go about it. This could have been a start, if he’d followed his old man and had a segment where he answered questions from the fans. 

2 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

That would be a risk to public safety 😂

There’s nothing transparent about pre-recorded, scripted interviews, though. That is not effective communication.

All they are trying to do is shape the narrative, deflecting attention away from their ineptitude.

Most of the ‘communication’ doesn’t stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny either. It’s complete shite and they expect us all to swallow it.  

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

All this does is reinforce the notion that they dropped a clanger on this one, massively.

Says a lot when the fanbase are pretty happy with the league position (or at least can see why it's a bit lower than desired), but the board can't. 99 times out of 100 it's the other way around.

Absolutely ****ing useless. Get him back.

• Like 7