IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Hmmm. Something doesn’t feel right looking at that, the assistant coach, hmmm, seeing Tinnion lurking. Can’t help but think we have  lost 4 great people, you can feel it when you see the players body language. Wonder what King was thinking. 

I wonder if Manning is truly aware he is in a situation where neither the majority of fans nor players wanted the last man to leave 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Henry said:

its certainly a change in voice. Hopefully they can liven themselves up a bit.

Thought he spoke really well at the press conference but in front of the players it was a bit awkward. Hopefully it would be different without the camera's is all I'll say! And the videos above of Flemming show why he was such a respected character for fans and players...a real loss for the club

The whole idea is crazy. Get to the PL with this squad and sustain it cause we got a great academy… feeding the fans shite.. treating them like they have no brain cells… feeding off their hard earned cash… nasty… but that’s the Lansdown all over.. that’s their core business.. that and their tax avoidance living over in Guernsey

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Thought he spoke really well at the press conference but in front of the players it was a bit awkward. Hopefully it would be different without the camera's is all I'll say! And the videos above of Flemming show why he was such a respected character for fans and players...a real loss for the club

The room almost swallowed him up. Press conferences mean nothing, as can all talk a good game, get those players delivering on the pitch. Intrigued to see what happens. You only have to see the way the assistant behaved on Twitter with Barton to show the difference. Not convinced by him. 

I don’t think it matters what industry it is, if you go into a room of 30 people for the first time and they all know each other already - it’s awkward.

Suspect it’s even worse when it’s 30 competitive, athletic lads tbh.

I was a bit alarmed Tinnion is front and centre though. Why? 

Edited by Robin101
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

I would describe Manning's first interviews as alright/fine/average.

Nothing to get either excited or concerned about yet. 

What matters is how he talks to the players and if he can get them fit, focused and playing well.

Let's see...

My thoughts as well. Nothing out of the ordinary really. But not as considered and thoughtful as Nige. Different style.

I am at loss though to see what a Head coach of a team we dicked 4-1 and 5-1 this year can achieve over the manager of the team inflicting said dickings! Time will tell, but I have a feeling we've been here before 🙄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Hmmm. Something doesn’t feel right looking at that, the assistant coach, hmmm, seeing Tinnion lurking. Can’t help but think we have  lost 4 great people, you can feel it when you see the players body language. Wonder what King was thinking. 

I rest my case.

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The room almost swallowed him up. Press conferences mean nothing, as can all talk a good game, get those players delivering on the pitch. Intrigued to see what happens. You only have to see the way the assistant behaved on Twitter with Barton to show the difference. Not convinced by him. 

Oh gheeze….it’s not the assistant, it’s someone with the same name. That’s the point of the joke on Joey..

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Impossible to know what the older heads in that room are thinking. Will still be a huge amount of loyalty and respect for Pearson, you just hope the players take to Mannings methods fairly quickly..

Whether we win or lose Saturday I’m don’t think we can say it’s down to Manning. Give it a few games and we’ll see whether they are playing for him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

That wasn't his assistant in fairness just someone with the same name that Barton decided to have a digital row with.

Not withstanding that though the fact that the players were clearly fully bought into NP's methods could make it difficult although you would hope that the principles and culture he set would mean they at least give it their all out of professional pride

• Like 2

Just now, Swede said:

I wouldn't read too much into his first interviews, blimey, he's been here less than half a day! Give the bloke a break!

Think everyone on here got a PhD in psychology and kinesics, the way they interpret the early videos 😂. I think he’s spoke well so far and as he mentioned in one of the videos, the players seem engaged and focus with eye contact. 

Hopefully the manning era is a successful one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

Whether we win or lose Saturday I’m don’t think we can say it’s down to Manning. Give it a few games and we’ll see whether they are playing for him. 

Bloody hell the "give him time" is starting already. 

We'd have expected to beat QPR if Pearson was still here so I expect us to still beat them. 

This guy doesn't get a grace period, he has to deliver better results than NP immediately. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

You do realise that wasn’t actually the Chris Hogg you think it is 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Not sure Pearson would have been content with Tins attending these sort of things. Probably why Tins wanted him out.

The whole idea is crazy. Get to the PL with this squad and sustain it cause we got a great academy… feeding the fans shite.. treating them like they have no brain cells… feeding off their hard earned cash… nasty… but that’s the Lansdown all over.. that’s their core business.. that and their tax avoidance living over in Guernsey

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You really can't help being personally wrong.  And a good night to you - hopefully not too dark.

What a giant spunktrumpet you are.

A genuine keyboard hero with lots of gob, but nothing to say.

• Like 2

Do feel a tad uninspired. Has had 6 good months at Oxford in League 1. Was sacked at MK Dons last year. Listened to his interview on Bristol City channel and it's the usual soundbite type questions being trotted out. Pretty mundane.

The one thing i'm going to miss the most about NP is that I think he really got us fans and we respected him. In this regard I think Manning has a lot to live up to.

Good luck in getting us top 6 Liam, you're going to need it.

• Like 3

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I see that Tony Wilkins has appointed himself as Head of the Liam Manning fan club and is trying to justify the clubs reason for sacking Pearson, despite him previously being quite vocal about them sacking him. 

He'll also be the 1st to call for Mannings head. The guy is a constant embarrassment to himself.

Ian Gay too, talking his usual bollox. Pair of absolute whoppers. 

• Like 3

The massive gamble is the sacking of Pearson IMO (and team), not necessarily the appointment of Manning. 

Best of luck to him though, really liked what I heard from him today and despite the crap that JL/BT came out with about budgets, injuries and promotion, my expectations for this season have not changed one bit. Top half and I’ll be content. 

Clearly the “promotion” stick will be used to beat him, and some posters can’t wait to use it, so just a reminder…..it wasn’t Manning that sacked Pearson 👍

• Like 14