IGNORED

How many grounds....

Miah Dennehy

10 away grounds.

I intend to go to many more in the coming years...a certain regret of mine is when I was for 4 years in the South East I could, should have gone to a lot more in London, South East and Eastern England.

How often we sold out on the road late 2000s, early 2010s...it did not seem as regular as now, would have been easier potential..went to a couple in that time (Crystal Palace and Preston).

Roma v Inter at Olimpico as well when on holiday out there in 2017.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Have you seen your club on. There was a story on Sky recently where an Ipswich fan. had just visited her 90th ground with Ipswich. I've done 176 with The Gas, so firstly I want a large medal and secondly , there must be a few who have watched City with a similar number?

That's a remarkable number to do with one club, must span over quite a few decades?

I've done around 70 grounds with City and 167 in total. 

74 for me, used to be 82 but moves, clubs dropping out / new ones coming in did for me.

Following us all the way down and back up, like many others pushed the number quite high.

I would love to finish it but sometimes struggle with motivation to go to home games so not many away days is the order of the day now. Been to 4 this season already though.

45 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

For those questioning @Miah Dennehy 's numbers. 
Yes there are 92 League teams , but add the 24 National League grounds and other non League grounds it soon adds up.
I've seen City at Gloucester , Weston , Clevedon and Mangotsfield among others. 

Don’t think he’s lying but I’d love to understand how! 

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Have you seen your club on. There was a story on Sky recently where an Ipswich fan. had just visited her 90th ground with Ipswich. I've done 176 with The Gas, so firstly I want a large medal and secondly , there must be a few who have watched City with a similar number?

I did 91 (not Newcastle) of 92 before they started building new grounds in the 80's, but done loads more that don't now exist and a lot of non league City FA Cup games, so I'm guessing120/130.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacs said:

Anyone on here a member of the 92 club? if so, how long did it take you to do it?
I’ve done 55, mainly watching City (obviously) but done a few sneaky Liverpool matches as well so got a few prem clubs on the list. 

Fair play to you. I would have liked to have had a go at this as I love the social history of the clubs. Particularly where they are old factory clubs in the north and next to each other. but couldnt do it.

Ive done some games in Brazil, Italy etc when travelling but that’s a different gig and a different thread.

many City away games still to do

74 grounds with City. 44 that are still in use though. Most of my grounds were from 1981 onwards (hello Slarti) so missed out on the old First Division ones. 

Most obscure? Fisher Athletic (FA Cup when City fans were banned from getting tickets unless you knew Beryl!) and Backwell United (John Shaw testimonial).

Living over here in Norn Iron is a bit more problematic. However, I got to Sunderland last season for our first penalty this century. I will be at Boro in February as well.

3 hours ago, Jacs said:

55 for for me. I also watch Liverpool occasionally (mum’s family are from there) so done a few prem grounds with them but majority with City. 

I believe to join the 92 club, they have to be the 92 league clubs in the season you join. I’ve lost a few that are no longer there, ie  done Highbury but not the emirates etc. 

Anyone on here a member of the 92 club? 

it’s the current 92 league teams and not the ones from when you start. 

I’m an ex member of the 92 club! First ground was Ashton Gate 24/9/94. Exactly 17 years late was my 92nd league ground Gigg Lane for Bury vs MK Dons on 24/9/2011. 

I think I’m now back down to the 70’s. As been a few new grounds not made it to yet as well as the non-league clubs that have been promoted. 

overall I’ve been to around 120 grounds, probably about 40-50 of them watching city the rest as a neutral. 

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Only guessing until Miah comes back and explains but, when you think I stopped going away for ages and I've done over 100 with City. Never really bothered with the pre season games and tours or friendlies either.  I don't know how long @Miah Dennehy has been going but I think it is possible. I'd love to know how many our own SLO has done, seeing he did 1000 away games on the trot. Not sure if he did friendlies representative games & pre season tours etc but he must be up there.

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

For those questioning @Miah Dennehy 's numbers. 
Yes there are 92 League teams , but add the 24 National League grounds and other non League grounds it soon adds up.
I've seen City at Gloucester , Weston , Clevedon and Mangotsfield among others. 

Rovers never been in top flight tho, and spent a lot of time in the third and fourth tiers, so I'd have thought the 92 would be tricky to complete. The likes of Everton and Arsenal, for example, unless they had them in the cups. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TV Tom said:

How have you done that many with only 92 teams in the league? admittingly teams come and go out of the league and you also  have the advantage of once being a non-league club but 176 seems an awful lot, can't ever recall Rovers going to the likes of Man U, Everton, Arsenal and maybe a few more either

Not just league grounds, I've seen them play on 176 different grounds. So for example I'm counting Wembley, The Millenium, pre season friendlies on the IoM and Scotland etc. And I have seen Rovers at Arsenal (Highbury) and Everton, and they have played at Old Trafford a couple of times in my lifetime(even won there) but I didn't go to those games.

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Well without boring everyone with the entire list, I've seen Rovers on 3 different home grounds, Brighton the same, Swansea on 2 etc etc. plus all the friendlies and- you may not be aware of this- but we dropped out of the league briefly, so that put on a good number :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Well without boring everyone with the entire list, I've seen Rovers on 3 different home grounds, Brighton the same, Swansea on 2 etc etc. plus all the friendlies and- you may not be aware of this- but we dropped out of the league briefly, so that put on a good number :)

Dog shit strewn fields and jumper-for-goalposts don't really count.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Rovers never been in top flight tho, and spent a lot of time in the third and fourth tiers, so I'd have thought the 92 would be tricky to complete. The likes of Everton and Arsenal, for example, unless they had them in the cups. 

It’s probably not as hard as you think, when you consider the clubs who have played at more than one ground. 

I’ve seen City at places like Walsall, Brighton, Sunderland, Cardiff, Rotherham, Swansea and of course roverzzz, on more than one ground for each away game. Bound to be more, and as a gAsshole he’d have been to a good few non league teams I’d imagine.