IGNORED

How many grounds....

Miah Dennehy

Here we go then, current grounds unless otherwise stated. So this is different grounds that I've seen Rovers  first team on and that includes friendlies

Current Prem teams

Bournemouth  Arsenal (Highbury)  Viila  Brentford (Griffin Park)  Brighton (Goldstone & Withdean)  Burnley  Chelsea  Everton  Fulham  Liverpool  Luton  Man City ( Maine Road) Newcastle  Forest  Sheffield Utd  West Ham (Upton)  Wolves

Current Championship teams

Birmingham  Blackburn  Da S**t  Cardiff (old & new)  Coventry  Huddersfield (old &new)  Hull (old &new)  Ipswich  Leeds  Leicester (old & new)  Middlesbrough (Ayresome)  Millwall (old & new)  Norwich  Argyle  PNE  QPR  Rotherham (Millmoor , Don Valley and the current one)  Wednesday  Southampton (old & new)  Stoke  Sunderland (old & new)  Swansea (old & new)  Watford  West Brom  

Current L1 clubs

Barnsley  Blackpool  Bolton (old & new)  Rovers (Eastville, Twerton & The Mem)  Burton  Cambridge  Carlisle  Charlton  (Selhurst and Valley)  Cheltenham  Derby (old & new)  Exeter Fleetwood  Orient  Lincoln  Northampton (old & new)  Oxford (old & new)  Peterborough  Port Vale  Portsmouth  Reading (old & new)  Shrewsbury (old & new)  Stevenage  Wigan (old & new)  Wycombe

Current L2 clubs

Accrington  Wimbledon (Kingstonian )  Barrow  Bradford  Colchester (old & new)  Crawley  Crewe  Doncaster (old & new)  Forest Green (old & new)  Gillingham  Grimsby  Harrogate  Mansfield  MK Dons  Morecambe  Newport (old & new)  Notts County  Salford  Stockport  Sutton  Swindon  Tranmere  Walsall (old & new)  Wrexham

National League clubs inc North & South

Aldershot  Altrincham  Barnet (old & new)  Bromley  Chesterfield (old & new)  Dagenham  Eastleigh  Halifax  Gateshead  Hartlepool  Kidderminster  Oldham  Rochdale  Southend  Woking  York (Bootham Crescent) Alfreton  Boston (York Street)  Chester (old & new)  Darlington (Feethams and Darlington Arena)  Gloucester City (Original Meadow Park)  Hereford  Scunthorpe  Braintree  Dartford  Dover  Torquay  Welling  Weston Supe Mare (old & new)  Weymouth  Yeovil

Others in pyramid

Macclesfield  Telford  Hitchin  Kettering (Rockingham Road)  Nuneaton  AFC Totton  Dorchester  Salisbury  Melksham  Yate  VS Rugby  Mangotsfield  Clevedon  Wisbech (Fenland Park)  Calne  Keynsham  Bury

The Rest

Runcorn (at Widnes) Rushden & Diamonds  Ayr United  Wembley  Millenium Stadium  Peel (Isle of Man) Ramsey (Isle of Man) AFC Stapleton and if I include the grounds of Frenchay Hospital where Rovers played a 1st team friendly against a Guest Frenchay team (which included Kevin Mabbutt) its actually a total of 177.

I have done the  92 at one point , but with the new grounds I am down to 89 and my grand total of all grounds (not just with Rovers) is 233 (definitely at least that- maybe some I have forgotten)

Now can I PLEASE have that medal!

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 10
  • Flames 1

In the 80ish mark for me plus a few more if you count the replacement stadiums e.g. Man City. Soton, Colchester, Derby etc etc. Heybridge Swifts and Kettering with City was one of many non league grounds, and because my son supported Barnet and I had to take him to all sorts of odd grounds over the years. The pies at Sheffield United stick in the memory although we were relegated!

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

In the 80ish mark for me plus a few more if you count the replacement stadiums e.g. Man City. Soton, Colchester, Derby etc etc. Heybridge Swifts and Kettering with City was one of many non league grounds, and because my son supported Barnet and I had to take him to all sorts of odd grounds over the years. The pies at Sheffield United stick in the memory although we were relegated!

Kettering, when was that ?

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That's where you're wrong! Isle of Man tournament gave me 2 new ones with Rovers and a pre season at Ayr :)

That's european football in my book :)

Ah, but European competition! And if you’re going Isle of Man tournament, I’ll up you Anglo Scottish Cup and Welsh Cup (albeit the latter a little before my time!).

Which would make City seasoned competitors at a European level 😁

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In the world of groundhopping "the current 92" definitely refers to grounds not clubs! 

Yes, definitely the 92 club rules too! 

I just thought as this was about grounds we've watched City at it seemed like a useful starting point!

I've been to a couple more of the 92 - just not seen City at them, so I didn't count them!!

St a Mary’s in a couple of weeks will be the 58th ground I’ve watched City play at.

Probably near a 100 if you add the other grounds I’ve watched football not involving City, quite a few abroad including 8 in France.

As someone else mentioned, it’s getting harder to watch City at new grounds as we spend so many years in the same division and nearly 40 years now in the same 2 divisions.

I didn’t do any new last season but Leicester and Southampton are both new grounds, but not new clubs, this season.