IGNORED

Robins Uncut - 080

BCFC Rich

TC is smiling at training!! What does this mean? Has LM won him over? Has he been threatened? Has he been replaced by a TC robot? 

Seriously though, I think it shows we've had so little to go on for the LM reign and emotions were so high after NP went that we all we're reading a lot into the tiny bits of info we had. Looking forward to things settling down a little and hopefully some of LM's style/philosophy showing up on the pitch. 

Always an honour to get an International call up even if it's only for Scotland U21. 

The fact that he chose to stay at the HPC and train fully with the new set up has less to do with LM and everything to do with TC or his advisers making a strategic decision. IMO, it wasn't about Liam or club before country- it was a very sensible choice if he wants to get back into form within the Championship. He'll want to get back on fire for his future career whether that's with us or elsewhere.

Meanwhile- Sam Bell for England? He'd have been mad to turn down that opportunity and now has two caps and an assist. 

Everyone's a winner in these scenarios.

• Like 7

Quarter turns is a new one on me. Best believe I'll be drilling that into the Clifton Wanderers under 7s this week, and slinging water bottles at them when they get the angle wrong and make a third turn or a 5/8ths turn. 

Up LMs tricky reds mind.

13 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Our training kit has come in many many non-red colours over the years. Why the issue with sky blue, but none of the previous colours? 

for me this colour is a particularly revolting shade of bluey whatever, i get that some people are 'meh' about this, but without igniting the whole branding thing again, the lack of consistency throughout our kit/traing kit/leisure wear leaves me cold.

the overall design of this training top is also pretty ugly IMHO but i get that this is more down to the O Neils catalogue of choices in their kit.

if i were running it, the main kit and therefore main training kit would always reflect the red and white branding. Red and White surely being our identity over time. this doesn't stop the ability to also design different kits and styles, and it would also mean that the second strip and third and more so in the leisure wear you could have variations.

and i would absolutely ditch the ******* awful 'flying Robin' badge and just stick to the main Robin logo.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Quarter turns is a new one on me. Best believe I'll be drilling that into the Clifton Wanderers under 7s this week, and slinging water bottles at them when they get the angle wrong and make a third turn or a 5/8ths turn. 

Up LMs tricky reds mind.

Personally I am really encouraged by the message he was giving here. 
I’ve said many times that we get a lot of basics wrong - particularly in terms of how we pass and receive the ball. 
Seeing the boss pick up on this is very encouraging for me. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Thanks for your contribution Jon.

What are your thoughts on Sir Alex watching the vast majority of training rather than coaching during him time as Man Utd manager?

Brian Clough was similar and would occasionally take a holiday during the season when he was at Forest.

What a loser.😁

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Brian Clough was similar and would occasionally take a holiday during the season when he was at Forest.

What a loser.😁

Maybe the clue is in the job title, I don't think either of them were Head Coach. Just a thought.

47 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Everytime i see mehmeti in these videos it excites me, just for him to play awful on the weekend

I do know what you mean, but I think there is a difference here. He looks like someone who knows the man in charge has confidence in him and perhaps the biggest difference, he was going "outside" more often than not. 

It could be the fabled "new man bounce" but the seemed to be an extra energy to what we were shown there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe the clue is in the job title, I don't think either of them were Head Coach. Just a thought.

Indeed, that was my point. Nigel himself stressed that he was a manager who employed coaches to coach though he would occasionally step in to coach himself.

In any walk of life it doesn't make sense to employ people then end up doing their job yourself.

So Nigel doing what a manager should is not a stick to beat him with.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He looks like someone who knows the man in charge has confidence in him and perhaps the biggest difference, he was going "outside" more often than not. 

That was something Rennie was working on with him re not making his body movements obvious (with Jase and Phlegm too).

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Robins Uncut - 080
18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Indeed, that was my point. Nigel himself stressed that he was a manager who employed coaches to coach though he would occasionally step in to coach himself.

In any walk of life it doesn't make sense to employ people then end up doing their job yourself.

So Nigel doing what a manager should is not a stick to beat him with.

Surely the skill of a manager / boss is to recognise what areas of leadership , and the overall task , that he is strong at ,and concentrate on those , whilst being humble , and intelligent enough ,to employ others , to do the parts that they can do better than him

Surely , the epitome of top management

Ironically , It’s exactly what the Lansdowns should have been doing , for the last 20 years

A combination of knowing better and generally iffy appointments in roles and a poor and constant changing structure , is the main reason and core of why we’ve not pushed on , on the pitch 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Nigel himself stressed that he was a manager who employed coaches to coach though he would occasionally step in to coach himself.

indeed.

This is what frustrates me when we hear the soundbites like we want an “on the grass coach”.  What did they think Curtis and Jase were doing.  Fine if their view was they weren’t performing well in their duties, but it’s made to sound like there was no coaching (because Nige wasn’t taking it) and the players were left to their own devices.

I can only assume the likes of Akex, Antoine, Cam, Zak, etc, coached themselves to improving.

😡😡😡

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

indeed.

This is what frustrates me when we hear the soundbites like we want an “on the grass coach”.  What did they think Curtis and Jase were doing.  Fine if their view was they weren’t performing well in their duties, but it’s made to sound like there was no coaching (because Nige wasn’t taking it) and the players were left to their own devices.

I can only assume the likes of Akex, Antoine, Cam, Zak, etc, coached themselves to improving.

😡😡😡

And , not just the coaches

- for me , the absolute importance and influence from recruiting some top pros as experienced leaders / examples in the dressing room, particularly with a young group and their on pitch coaching / education 

I would say the use of James , King , and obvious encouragement to Andi and Nahki to be those pillars amongst some young was one of his most astute moves

Ive heard numerous ex pros , Souness for one,  saying you are only as good as the good experienced pros who influence the dressing room

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s JL attempting to add justification to why Nige was sacked. The ‘not doing as well as expected’  was a poor excuse that didn’t hold any credibility given that City were in touching distance of the top six - despite the lengthy injury list.

The bottom line is that the Lansdowns found Nige too difficult to work with and that’s the real reason that he was sacked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OliOTIB said:

Everytime i see mehmeti in these videos it excites me, just for him to play awful on the weekend

It's like that wrapped present under the Xmas tree - it's the shape of a BMX, you can see the wheels and the handlebars under the paper, you stay up all night thinking about the tricks you're going to do on it, and then you unwrap it Christmas morning and, inexplicably, it's socks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2