IGNORED

Middlesborough at home match thread

49 minutes ago, 1team said:

My only observation is that the keystone cops defending reappeared which had been eradicated by the previous management. Can't say I enjoyed the watch, particularly  first half, but loved the result. 

Let's be honest most of us feared the worst at 2-2 but fair play they showed some real guts to win that game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

So you have no concerns whatsoever? All is good?

Bit of a difference between having concerns and believing we will drop like a stone. The other thing I won’t do, as much as I disagree with the way Pearson was treated, is dismiss Manning simply because he’s not Pearson.

Too many clowns on here wanting to hound the new Manager out then completely forgetting in their rage which pair of ***** will be selecting the next one if we do that. Nige ain’t coming back, it’s over whether we like it or not.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The most negative first half since Pulis. 

Delighted to be 2 in front at the break, and all the more delighted with the 3 points, but if this is 'playing football on the front foot' then I have clearly misunderstood the term.

This might shock a few people but Snakey and the Crayon Whisperer were talking complete and utter shit when they fired Nige out of it. Manning will do what he can with that squad of players until he can bring some in and gung ho front foot football it won’t be, doesn’t matter what the two clowns running it said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bit of a difference between having concerns and believing we will drop like a stone. The other thing I won’t do, as much as I disagree with the way Pearson was treated, is dismiss Manning simply because he’s not Pearson.

Too many clowns on here wanting to hound the new Manager out then completely forgetting in their rage which pair of ***** will be selecting the next one if we do that. Nige ain’t coming back, it’s over whether we like it or not.

Fair comment.

I am currently underwhelmed by the type of football we are playing, not the results.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Elements of the sublime, the ridiculous and the entirely mediocre were all on show today. We're a spectacular example of a textbook Championship team and we've just won a textbook Championship football match.

Spot on , and if we keep selling talent as if it arises we will never be anything better. Great result today.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Delighted to be 2 in front at the break, and all the more delighted with the 3 points, but if this is 'playing football on the front foot' then I have clearly misunderstood the term.

Perhaps you would prefer to see us conceding defeat in the last 5 mins , 

small steps and all that , I do know what you say but I can also see the other side , the more you keep possession and have the ball hopefully reduces the % of time you are likely to concede 

1 hour ago, 1team said:

My only observation is that the keystone cops defending reappeared which had been eradicated by the previous management. Can't say I enjoyed the watch, particularly  first half, but loved the result. 

You are joking. NP defences were some of the worst I have seen at City. The amount of games we threw away in the last few minutes should have cost home his job on its own. 

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fair comment.

I am currently underwhelmed by the type of football we are playing, not the results.

There’s only one fix imo. Investment. You may question why LM will be given the nest egg and not Nige but we all know the craic with Nige’s dismissal. Once the owner decides you aren’t his cup of tea you are toast.

• Like 3

That was an interesting game.

Penalty! Wow.

Gardner-Hickman? Pick that one out!

Slow burner to say the least, started so slowly didn't we. Whole game first half hour or so, felt not that eventful.

Teams can go under when shipping a 2 goal lead in no time at all after HT, to wrest it back showed initiative. Plus reap character.

Pre game I'd have taken a point provided the performance was decent, have to be satisfied, decent start for Manning this.

Nice to see Williams back on and latterly off the bench too.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

You are joking. NP defences were some of the worst I have seen at City. The amount of games we threw away in the last few minutes should have cost home his job on its own. 

Joint second best defensive record before today. It takes time to get your back four right then you move to other areas of the team. Manning has done the same in his short time here albeit Vyner was back to the player of two years ago today. People who want managers to lose their job every six months really don’t have a clue.

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That is rubbish. Hell the first game of the season was worse than that. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Joint second best defensive record before today. It takes time to get your back four right then you move to other areas of the team. Manning has done the same in his short time here albeit Vyner was back to the player of two years ago today. People who want managers to lose their job every six months really don’t have a clue.

Never said that I wanted him sacked, I said all along they should have let him.see out his contract and then moved on. Just pointing out over his time at City his defence and games thrown away late in the game was horrendous. 

Rose tinted glasses me thinks from some people. As JL pointed out a large proportion of the fan base would probably not have had a problem before this season if City had let him go.

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Never said that I wanted him sacked, I said all along they should have let him.see out his contract and then moved on. Just pointing out over his time at City his defence and games thrown away late in the game was horrendous. 

Rose tinted glasses me thinks from some people. As JL pointed out a large proportion of the fan base would probably not have had a problem before this season if City had let him go.

I’ve only used facts on our defensive record before today. I judged Pearson favourably on the resources he was given, I don’t give a **** what Snakey and Captain Crayon say and think, and I’ll treat Liam Manning the same…….in other words ignore the complete and utter shit that dribbled out of the upstairs mob when Nige was fired and judge Manning on the players of generally average ability at the level that he’s got.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1