IGNORED

Middlesborough at home match thread

54 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Man said:

With this constant negativity, I hope we absolutely smash Middlesborough tomorrow (more than normal) just to shut everyone up. My god, Nigel has gone, can we please just get behind this club and our manager. 

I’ve got nothing against Manning and hope he does well, but I don’t support those running the club. That’s my opinion and it’s based on facts. If you don’t like it, ignore it. And who are you to tell me what to do? Bore off, sunshine

Edited by tin
  • Like 8
  • Flames 3
43 minutes ago, tin said:

I’ve got nothing against Manning and hope he does well, but I don’t support those running the club. That’s my opinion and it’s based on facts. If you don’t like it, ignore it. And who are you to tell me what to do? Bore off, sunshine

Your first sentence sums up my feelings as well, the manner of NP departure demonstrates to me that the Lansdown family are simply not the people to take this club forward, they’ve had a long time and spent an awful lot of money going know where.

The latest attempt to run the club is surely their last chance anyone can give them to retain any kind of credibility in being the right people to  be in charge.

SL is never heard from, JL has zero capability to be the Chairman and I’m sorry to say one of my all time footballing heroes may well have been appointed beyond his capabilities as well.

None of this is a dig at the new coach, I truly hope he is a success, but I’m afraid the weight of expectation heaped on him by the people running the club is a burden he really could do without, and is another glaring example of the people running the club being clueless.

23 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Your first sentence sums up my feelings as well, the manner of NP departure demonstrates to me that the Lansdown family are simply not the people to take this club forward, they’ve had a long time and spent an awful lot of money going know where.

The latest attempt to run the club is surely their last chance anyone can give them to retain any kind of credibility in being the right people to  be in charge.

SL is never heard from, JL has zero capability to be the Chairman and I’m sorry to say one of my all time footballing heroes may well have been appointed beyond his capabilities as well.

None of this is a dig at the new coach, I truly hope he is a success, but I’m afraid the weight of expectation heaped on him by the people running the club is a burden he really could do without, and is another glaring example of the people running the club being clueless.

That is exactly how i feel mate. Hope LM is a success but still feeling deflated they sacked NP.

I don't have the same enthusiasm as i had before they sacked NP.

• Like 2

shouldnt be too difficult for Manning, all hes got to do is change the playing style so we get promoted. easy to say,dont forget the other 23 teams that can change up their style of play to stop him tho. then what?  without some top quality additions that are harder to stifle,(i.e. scott and semenyo) , i cant see whats going to change

I know it’s a forum and quite rightly we all have our different opinions of things , me especially 🙈😂

but really as a fan base really need to move on from Nige and the board scenario , the best and quickest way is for positive results and displays , good luck Liam I think you might need it , just been past the gate and up through Bemmy on my way for a pint with some mates , few Boro about sat outside bars in Bemmy god they must think there in another world down here in our beautiful city , not being biased but I don’t think we realise sometimes how blessed we are to have our ground and in the location it’s in ( apart from parking ) looked an absolute picture going past it gorgeous day lovely park , Ashton court and the Suspension bridge in the background then all the drinking holes In southville ( Bemmy I mean ) god really but nervously looking forward to today / tonight lads day out 🙈

• Like 4

Don't know why people think that Manning is SL's "yes" man.

Rumours that this is today's team will be:

Maggie Lansdown

Tanner         Vyner          Dickie         Pring

Steve Lansdown   Lee Johnson   Brian Tinnion

Sykes      Jon Lansdown    Weimann

:)

• Haha 9
1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Maggie Lansdown

Tony Thorpe will be gutted he didn’t get in the team.

• Haha 2
On 24/11/2023 at 05:53, Wanderingred said:

New boss has had two weeks off to work with these players, implement his style, find his best team and the formation he wants.

I feel that what we see tomorrow will tell us a lot about how things are going to pan out. 

Your having a laugh surely?

He's a coach not a ******* magician!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1
3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, it’s a forum, a place to express our opinions, debate with others.

I’m still hugely pissed off with the way the hierarchy sacked Nige.  They handled it awfully.  Nothing will change my mind on that.

That doesn’t make me not want to support the TEAM today though, why would someone suggest that if you think the hierarchy are “evil” that makes Manning “evil”.  It’s quite easy to have opinions, different opinions, on the different aspects of the events that have happened over the past few weeks.

Feels like some are trying to deflect justified criticism away from the hierarchy by constantly trying to make it Manning v Nige.  It isn’t.  

I broadly agree with you but it is a bit Manning v Nige.

Manning signed up to this gig, the he will know the board expect “top end” championship…. surely JL mentioned this at interview stage? He must believe he’s more capable of that, with these players, than Nige.

If we lose today we’ll be miles off “top end” and he’ll have a mountain to climb.

I hope he does well but am I confident? No. Hopefully LM won’t regret jumping ship so early from Oxford. He’ll have received a pay bunk-up I’m sure but I think the objective from the deluded ownership is near impossible. 

Edited by Mendip City
  • Like 1

A draw would be a good result but I just can't see it. Boro have really started to kick into gear and Carrick is a good manager.

I'll back LM and the team but I can't support those higher up and with Boy Wonder saying this is a top 6 team that's probably what LM will be judged on.

Replacing a popular manager is never an easy job and I do wish him well but I'm just so deflated after the sacking of NP and the unprofessionalism around it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Maggie Lansdown

Ridiculous suggestion, Everyone knows Weiman just runs a round a lot! League 1 at best. 

• Like 1