IGNORED

Southampton away match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Denbury Red said:

If this style of play is the way we are going to play in the future then the football is much more entertaining!!

Ohhh Tommy what a chance

Got to admit, it’s a very good performance so far. Just lacking that finish but you would be hard pressed to work out who was 4th and who was 12th based on this match 

I like how well we are pressing and defensively we look fairly solid 

Very fluid in midfield with lots of movement and passing angles and options 

Well, for me, that’s comfortably the best half of football under Manning. The press is much higher and quicker, the passing is faster and on the whole, level and could be more if Tommy puts those chances away or if that Sykes chance goes in post an excellent build up.

Very good, and more importantly, a clear progression from QPR and Boro

• Like 5

The only comparison I intend to make is I am enjoying this a LOT more than  my last match at QPR.

I’ve no doubt there will be times I enjoy us moving to a more fluid system from a more structured one and times where I think a bit more structure would have prevented a goal but, whatever views I have about the events of the past month, I feel so far the tactical plan has worked and I am enjoying it. 

At least LM has seen the necessity of getting a goal scorer in transfer window.

He has clearly set the team up well and the forward passing, wing play, and tackling all look good to me

As.a great Nige fan, I am turning into a Manning fan as well.  
it is good to see City firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well, for me, that’s comfortably the best half of football under Manning. The press is much higher and quicker, the passing is faster and on the whole, level and could be more if Tommy puts those chances away or if that Sykes chance goes in post an excellent build up.

He has hardly had that many, but I would go further and say it’s one of our best halves this season.

• Like 1

Good to watch that. We looked good with and without the ball.

The only negative from me is that we have lost too many 50/50s in midfield which has lead to a break for them. 

Shame about the missed opportunities but a good half nonetheless.

• Like 1

We look to have bought into the possession thing already, much better than for some time. 
Getting into some good positions and really could have been a couple up , Sykes really unlucky.
Not sure what's happened to TC. Looks a yard slower than last year, doesn't look as confident for some reason. I thought the goals at Rotherham might have got him right back into the groove but he's really not there. 3 bad misses that he would have gobbled up last year. I hope he gets himself sorted soon, it's the one thing missing from the performance so far.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t think we are really pressing high , definitley not all the time . Seem more condensed in midfield 

Good performance so far.

Tommy really needs to up his game, thats two one on ones in successive games where he was nowhere near scoring. He missed a simple header as well. He really needs a goal in open play to get his confidence back.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

There was loads happening . Fascinating watching us with or without the ball . Some of our movement has been really good . 

I agree. I.meant in terms of goalmouth action.

Bugger what a goal that is