IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

5 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Are we aiming for top 6 then?

If only someone had mentioned this before!

Really not sure it needs to be brought up every half an hour regardless of what the thread is.

Because we were lied to, like the top ten budget stuff.

I’m glad you think it’s great because it looks very mediocre to me.

Huddersfield aren’t very good, but as we escaped a very clear penalty shout against us, it was a point that we deserved, at most.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 14

I take what Jon said about top six with less then a pinch of salt. 

Looking away from that, under Manning so far I’ve seen us be more aggressive, controlled games better and fewer (all be it still to many) silly mistakes. He came in after the Cardiff game where we were 4 points off play-offs and we are still currently 4 points off play offs. 

It’s clear to see the style of football he wants to implement will need us to bring in more quality if we want to play this way effectively, hopefully that will happen in January. 

Hopefully we go up to Blackburn and have some more fortune in front of goal, as we could’ve easily scored 2/3 more today. Take a point and move on. COYR

• Like 13
  • Hmmm 2

We are what we are. A workman like battling team that lacks quality, money needs to be spent but we knew all this under Pearson. Manning won't get anymore out of this team (in terms of the fantasy dream of top 6) than Pearson did without spending.

Personally im just so glad that Nige did the job he did because for all our lack of quality we never give up and battle till the end. At least Manning has that base to build from as we would be up shit creek beyond belief had Pearson not done all the work he did and this current management team inherited the squad we had in 2021.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Fair play to the people feeling positive after that. After we equalised we made nothing for nearly an hour. Not sure what’s happened to our attack but it isn’t good. 

1 point from 9… it’s season over isn’t it? We’re not going up or down.

Will be absolutely funny when we lose at Blackburn and Qpr win and they are 3 points behind us. Jeez. Top six.

• Facepalm 2
Just now, GrahamC said:

Because we were lied to, like the top ten budget stuff.

I’m glad you think it’s great because it looks very mediocre to me.

Huddersfield aren’t very good, but as we  escaped a very clear penalty shout against us, it was a point that we deserved, at most.

Where did I say great?

Ironic for you to say we were lied to, and to then misrepresent my own views.

I even said it wasn't a stellar performance, but it was positive and you could see when Manning is trying to do.

Ok, we were lied to. That's been discussed thoroughly already and it doesn't need to be brought up in every single ******* post. None of us like being lied to, but we also don't need to harp on about it constantly either.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, George Rs said:

I take what Jon said about top six with less then a pinch of salt. 

Looking away from that, under Manning so far I’ve seen us be more aggressive, controlled games better and fewer (all be it still to many) silly mistakes. He came in after the Cardiff game where we were 4 points off play-offs and we are still currently 4 points off play offs

It’s clear to see the style of football he wants to implement will need us to bring in more quality if we want to play this way effectively, hopefully that will happen in January. 

Hopefully we go up to Blackburn and have some more fortune in front of goal, as we could’ve easily scored 2/3 more today. Take a point and move on. COYR

I had to double check that! Makes losing to Norwich and not getting the 3 today feel worse though tbf

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

5 points in 5 games. One fewer than Pearson achieved in his last 5 games. 

Sorry mate but it seems you're trying to be deliberately controversial. 

In those last 5 games we lost by a single goal to Leeds and Ipswich and lost to Cardiff with barely 11 fit players. But you know this. 

We should have took 9 points from QPR, Norwich and Huddersfield. We took 2 points. Dress it up however you want but thats shit. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

very very difficult conditions to play football in!! yet in that first half some good stuff. exactly what want to see.

annoyingly, done on the counter!! when one of the staple rules is control! very much putting that down to management failure, for not anticipating that situation.
(i hate that word control  as it seems to mean just keeping the ball at the back, which is a bit meh, then acting surprised that chaos is always a part of football)

Great start to second half, really came out with correct mindset. and got what deserved from the first half! However, failed to push on...did not create enough in second half, don't think tested keeper even once. Huddersfield were poor today (bit of credit due for making them look it) 

with the team, there were positives today....at half time it was a case of how are we losing? (always a good sign, minus not scoring) playing really well. 

However,  if you want top 6
failing to win today
1 point from 9
According to Upper management KPI´s this is not good enough. 
pressure should be building in house, and it is of their own making.

Just now, FNQ said:

We played OK.. but let’s be honest, Huddersfield are crap and will go down. Really disappointed with only one point against such a poor side.

This is where i am - lots of good possession without creating much after the first 20. It was frustrating. Huddersfield really were a poor Side

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry mate but it seems you're trying to be deliberately controversial. 

In those last 5 games we lost by a single goal to Leeds and Ipswich and lost to Cardiff with barely 11 fit players. But you know this. 

We should have took 9 points from QPR, Norwich and Huddersfield. We took 2 points. Dress it up however you want but thats shit. 

Pointing out that manning is doing worse than pearson is controversial. You are a parody now mate 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2
1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

Where did I say great?

Ironic for you to say we were lied to, and to then misrepresent my own views.

I even said it wasn't a stellar performance, but it was positive and you could see when Manning is trying to do.

Ok, we were lied to. That's been discussed thoroughly already and it doesn't need to be brought up in every single ******* post. None of us like being lied to, but we also don't need to harp on about it constantly either.

No, it really does.

This was the justification for the change, we were undercooked after international breaks (another lie) & underperforming, should be aiming for top six, best squad in years was another one.

So far it looks like regression rather than progress but you see a positive in drawing with a side in the bottom four because we escaped a clear penalty if you want.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
Just now, Harvey86 said:

I had to double check that! Makes losing to Norwich and not getting the 3 today feel worse though tbf

Yes I totally agree, buts that’s what I mean about bringing in quality. 

I’m relatively encouraged by the way we’ve played the last two games, that if we get some quality in we can push on and win these types of games. In comparison to Pearson, I’m less sure he could’ve got us playing even better with more money. 

At the end of the day, johns “top 6 squad” comment has tarred the start of Mannings reign completely. 

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

But given that JL used it as the justification for firing Pearson, we should keep mentioning it.

Regardless of one's views on Pearson's sacking, it would be great for us to finally start holding the board accountable for their questionable footballing decisions.

I agree about holding them accountable, I'm just not sure what repeatedly posting it on every thread no matter the subject actually achieves.

• Like 2
Just now, GrahamC said:

No, it really does.

This was the justification for the change, we were undercooked after international breaks (another lie) & underperforming, should be aiming for top six, best squad in years was another one.

So far it looks like regression rather than progress but you see a positive in drawing with a side in the bottom four because we escaped a clear penalty if you want.

I saw a positive in the performance, particularly the first half but am frustrated and disappointed that we didn't make the most of it.

Really not difficult to grasp that and isn't an excuse for you to lie about my views when you're using being lied to as an excuse to being a relentlessly odious ****.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I’m more worried that we’ve struggled in the main against Rotherham(under Pearson), Sheff Wed, QPR and now Hudds. In fact I’d say only against Plymouth did we look particularly convincing. Wouldn’t consider us definitely safe

As frustrating as we can be, we're definitely not one of the 3 worst sides in the division. I don't think we have to have any concerns about relegation.

• Like 1