IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

Really seeing more positives from today than negatives. We are so much more threatening but alas the monkey on our back is we lack a goal scorer that we  have had in the past. TC is a real talent but when he is struggling we have not much else. Perhaps with Wells return, whenever that might be, talk about living in hope....we just might start scoring again.

The line up was odd to say the least and we should have been 2-0 up first 20 minutes, and then the usual pathetic concede, still we did stop the rot, but a real test on Tuesday, but BR concede loads so some hope.

QPR won again...so I still look towards the foot of the table as opposed to top.

• Like 1

It’s difficult to totally judge in view of very poor conditions, but it’s hard to argue it was a very good performance. It was fine in patches but very lethargic in others. Tanner getting caught wasn’t the only time we got done playing out (Max just before), and we remain a side who look more comfortable playing at pace as opposed to overly slow. Taking out the first minute of the second half, it’s again another poor half two after a relatively decent start in the first.

The issues remain the issues five games in, and without the playing a Boro or a Soton. We need to play quicker to play to the teams strengths, and we desperately need a 90 minute performance.

I was not at the game but found out what I know courtesy  of SSN.

Apparently we had a couple of chances in the first few minutes, but their keeper was up to them.

City had a corner, Town cleared it and ran up field and took the lead.

2nd half City had the wind behind them and scored early on.

Then nothing else was reported, so presumably, the game petered out. Not so much as an away point earned, but two more points lost? 

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I agree about holding them accountable, I'm just not sure what repeatedly posting it on every thread no matter the subject actually achieves.

Because fans are still angry about it and disappointing results bring that anger back to the surface. 

This forum is a place for people to vent their feelings and thats all were doing. It may seem pointless to you but speaking for myself here, it's nice to have a playform to vent as holding it in isn't good. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Super said:

Why do people think we should be beating teams like this away from home? A well earned point we played well.

Just a hunch but because of where they are in the league table?

Rotherham (bottom) we won away under Pearson, Sheffield Wednesday (bottom but one) won with Fleming in charge.

QPR & Huddersfield (next two) drew both under Manning.

When Pearson got sacked it was pointed out that he lost 5 of his last 7 but 3 of those defeats were the top three in the table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, 22A said:

I was not at the game but found out what I know courtesy  of SSN.

Apparently we had a couple of chances in the first few minutes, but their keeper was up to them.

City had a corner, Town cleared it and ran up field and took the lead.

2nd half City had the wind behind them and scored early on.

Then nothing else was reported, so presumably, the game petered out. Not so much as an away point earned, but two more points lost? 

Pretty much what happened mate yeah

Disappointing not to win the game, thought Vyner & Dickie put in commanding shifts, and the commitment from all of the lads in the middle of midfield was outstanding. The obvious lack of cutting edge has cost us the win, but lets not forget City of old would go to Yorkshire in those conditions and get beaten up every time. Hard earned point, on we go. COYR

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Are we aiming for top 6 then?

If only someone had mentioned this before!

Really not sure it needs to be brought up every half an hour regardless of what the thread is.

When you get people posting stuff like the examples below when they’ve been openly critical of Pearson, what do you think people are gonna post in response when we fail to win?  🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

2 or 3 poor players are spoiling this potentially good team

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

5 points in 5 games. One fewer than Pearson achieved in his last 5 games. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We should be happy because we played well against one of the worst teams in the Championship. 

A poor but slowly improving team , but for those Nige lovers  & manning doubters that result has little to do with the manager , over the last few games I can deffo see a sign of decent football albeit in small spells but no manager can legislate for missed chances and individual errors at the back tbh the quality just isn’t there throughout the team , Dickie , knight , Gardner-Hickman , Sykes , Pring give us the nucleus of a very decent team Naismith when fit aswell Tommy when he gets his form back , until we add at least 3 quality signings ( quality being the word ) we are going to be cycling uphill for the rest of the season , as it stands imo max,George,Annis,Sam,joe,Harry all good honest decent players but are not gonna take us to the next level 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because fans are still angry about it and disappointing results bring that anger back to the surface. 

This forum is a place for people to vent their feelings and thats all were doing. It may seem pointless to you but speaking for myself here, it's nice to have a playform to vent as holding it 

Oh you certainly vent, we've all noticed.

If we'd won comfortably today with a glorious display of attacking football you'd have just found something else to criticise, like the colour of Manning's shoes or how he folds his arms.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

When you get people posting stuff like the examples below when they’ve been openly critical of Pearson, what do you think people are gonna post in response when we fail to win?  🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps stuff relevant to the game that was just played?

Pretty sure it wouldn't be far out to say 90+% of people who actively post on here don't believe the top 6 squad comment, and I'd suggest a large portion of those would even think that JL doesn't really believe it.

But frustration at the chairman isn't a reason to take it out on the manager, and nor is it really worth bringing up over and over when it's been done to death already.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Oh you certainly vent, we've all noticed.

If we'd won comfortably today with a glorious display of attacking football you'd have just found something else to criticise, like the colour of Manning's shoes or how he folds his arms.

Did you know that Manning was once sacked by MK Dons?

This information was really well hidden, but thankfully a Seagull was able to dig it up and let us know.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

But the system is clearly working isn’t it. Look how much space we created. They’re playing a full block. Know idea what’s happened to Tommy, but we’re creating, and that’s the point isn’t it. The facts are, unfortunately, the tactics are clearly right, but some of the players arent good enough. It’s as simple as that. 

The whole point is to make the best of what we’ve got and not to try to make us something we’re not. By all means play like that if we get the personnel to do it but we haven’t and it’s a result based business and we’re not getting the results

So far the new man is coming across like LJ with the coaching buzzwords, the only difference is that Manning appears not to be focussed by grass height….. 

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You might have one if you think they inherited identical situations.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Why do people think we should be beating teams like this away from home? A well earned point we played well.

I don’t most do, but when you watch today’s 90 mins, and see how woeful Huddersfield actually are…they I think it’s fine to see this as 2 points dropped.

We were the better team, but then you have to take the points then don’t you?

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

, but lets not forget City of old would go to Yorkshire in those conditions and get beaten up every time. 

Not every time; only three years ago, Nov 2020, it was a bitter wind and the rain was lashing down similar to today. City took the lead, conceded a pen, but came back to win 2-1.

• Robin 1
17 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Of course they’re not identical but Manning has come in to a very thin squad with plenty of injuries and very few options up front, a large part of the fan base are still in mourning and angry with the hierarchy, time to get behind the new guy.

I can’t believe you’ve just posted that!

8 minutes ago, redkev said:

A poor but slowly improving team , but for those Nige lovers  & manning doubters that result has little to do with the manager , over the last few games I can deffo see a sign of decent football albeit in small spells but no manager can legislate for missed chances and individual errors at the back tbh the quality just isn’t there throughout the team , Dickie , knight , Gardner-Hickman , Sykes , Pring give us the nucleus of a very decent team Naismith when fit aswell Tommy when he gets his form back , until we add at least 3 quality signings ( quality being the word ) we are going to be cycling uphill for the rest of the season , as it stands imo max,George,Annis,Sam,joe,Harry all good honest decent players but are not gonna take us to the next level 

You’d have never given Nige that slack would you?  You never legislated for missed chances, individual errors when Nige was manager did you?

That’s what bugs me, the same arguments posters laughed at others posting under Nige, you now comfortably use as an excuse now.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Flames 8
2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Not every time; only three years ago, Nov 2020, it was a bitter wind and the rain was lashing down similar to today. City took the lead, conceded a pen, but came back to win 2-1.

Cotts last ever win as a City manager was a 2-1 win there in a gale, too, so it’s bollocks to claim that.

14 minutes ago, redkev said:

Nige Lovers and Manning Doubters? Have we turned into an Under 8’s forum?

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

I don’t most do, but when you watch today’s 90 mins, and see how woeful Huddersfield actually are…they I think it’s fine to see this as 2 points dropped.

Unfortunately Manning has inherited a very lightweight attack, hopefully this will change when Wells is fit and hopefully reinforcements in January 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

There's always a question with this, and I'm not arguing either way here, but...

How much of it was them being woeful, and making us look good, how much was it us playing well (particularly first 20ish) and making them look poor.

It always goes both ways and one impacts the other.

5 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

There's always a question with this, and I'm not arguing either way here, but...

How much of it was them being woeful, and making us look good, how much was it us playing well (particularly first 20ish) and making them look poor.

FWIW I don’t think we looked good…I thought we looked adequate today.  I sat there incredibly frustrated at some of the poor play from us, poor decision making and execution from us.

So, no I didn’t think our “goodness” made them poor, because I didn’t think we were very good at all today.  I’m grateful they were so poor.

We had a bright opening 15 mins.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
4 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

We didn't make a crap team look crap. They are just crap. 

• Like 2