IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Another game another result that was less than what we deserved. I like giving youth players minutes but in the right context. 

Bringing an unpolished Yeboah on is just criminal in that situation imo. And surprise suprised when TGH comes on we start moving the ball quicker and looking more dangerous on the attack who could’ve guessed.

• Like 2

I just cannot for the life of me understand that last double substitution!! Knight and Sykes so involved in everything good about that second half then he takes them off for our two most erratic players taking any chance of a equaliser away from us!

That is almost disgusting from Manning actively harmed our chances of a result then

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yes, that Pep.

Who could buy any player he wants. Yet still realises he had to adapt his style at every club initially to the players he had.

Your point being?

1. It's very different when those players are among the very best few on the world in their position. 

2. The unlimited budget to then recruit others top in their position players for the style. 

Simply this mediocre side which was made to look better than it was under Nige now looks worse than it is under Manning.

I would like today it can’t go on like this but Ifear it will, whether new players are signed or not.

Who imagined just a few weeks ago that we would be in a relegation battle.

This has all been so unnecessary; self imposed failure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
Just now, westred1 said:

Second half was much better. The subs had a positive impact. Dickie outstanding; Knight and Sykes busy, the former creating some good chances.

Tactically Manning deserves a bit of credit for how the momentum swung towards us, but realistically it’s a terrible Blackburn team who didn’t deserve the victory. We lost the game ourselves.

Fed up of playing well for one half per game. We have to do better/play smarter.

Not sure I agree with that, needless 2nd set of substitutions that lost our impetus. Plus a terrible Blackburn team that scored twice to our once. The currency of football is goals and points not how you got them.

• Like 1
Just now, Hocca said:

I just cannot for the life of me understand that last double substitution!! Knight and Sykes so involved in everything good about that second half then he takes them off for our two most erratic players taking any chance of a equaliser away from us!

That is almost disgusting from Manning actively harmed our chances of a result then

They’re legs had gone.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Another game another result that was less than what we deserved. I like giving youth players minutes but in the right context. 

Bringing an unpolished Yeboah on is just criminal in that situation imo. And surprise suprised when TGH comes on we start moving the ball quicker and looking more dangerous on the attack who could’ve guessed.

I quite like Yeboah but you could see the players hesitating to pass to him

• Like 3

Simply this mediocre side which was made to look better than it was under Nige now looks worse than it is under Manning.

I would like today it can’t go on like this but Ifear it will, whether new players are signed or not.

Who imagined just a few weeks ago that we would be in a relegation battle.

This has all been so unnecessary; self imposed failure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1