IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

It’s a poor start by Manning that’s for sure. 5 points in six games isn’t good enough and he needs to turn this form round sharpish. People (well many) can accept a few months tinkering with the style of play but if we lose half our games in that time that won’t wash. My concern is he’s throwing the baby out with the bath water and relegation form (that doesn’t mean I think we’ll get relegated btw) in his first six games is not what anyone was hoping for.

This is what can happen when you try and fix something that wasn’t broken in the first place. Meanwhile Jon and that slippery, slimy sidekick of his Sid won’t be seen for a while now. Over to you Liam……….

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
Just now, westonred said:

You have to blame Manning for his team selection and tactics tonight we know Joe Williams hasnt got the legs to play two games in a week so to drop the player of the month TGH is crazy . Bell has been poor for months and doesnt deserve a start on current form and Conway cannot play up top on his own.. Its time for Cornick to start at least he wins the ball in the air and can hold the ball up

cracking post👍

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s a poor start by Manning that’s for sure. 5 points in six games isn’t good enough and he needs to turn this form round sharpish. People (well many) can accept a few months tinkering with the style of play but if we lose half our games in that time that won’t wash. My concern is he’s throwing the baby out with the bath water and relegation form (that doesn’t mean I think we’ll get relegated btw) in his first six games is not what anyone was hoping for.

This is what can happen when you try and fix something that wasn’t broken in the first place. Meanwhile Jon and that slippery, slimy sidekick of his Sid won’t be seen for a while now. Over to you Liam……….

We certainly weren’t hoping for it,  but certainly were fearing it.

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Wrongagain said:

I’d like to know why free kicks and throws from centre of pitch invariably go back into defence? Is it because we are so bad on the ball? James could perhaps answer best!

We had a promising attack that got to the edge of their box, first half, and ended up back at Max !!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, westonred said:

You have to blame Manning for his team selection and tactics tonight we know Joe Williams hasnt got the legs to play two games in a week so to drop the player of the month TGH is crazy . Bell has been poor for months and doesnt deserve a start on current form and Conway cannot play up top on his own.. Its time for Cornick to start at least he wins the ball in the air and can hold the ball up

Sorry but whatever the problem, Cornick is not the answer. Granted he makes a nuisance of himself, but that's about it. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are we analysing League and Cup or.

We also remember that he had players who ended up down the line in Court from a drunken night out early in his reign, he inherited a true shambles.

I’m glad you mentioned this Mr P . I was thinking about this earlier…. The man who created the sh1t show that GJ walked into has had a big hand in where we currently find ourselves and everything that’s happened lately.

this club really is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Brum sacked a manager who was doing well against the fans wishes and look where they are now.

Seems the same is happening to us.

What is Mannings performance since taking over? D W L D L L if I'm not mistaken.  Hardly the new manager bounce the board may have been hoping for.

The worrying thing is that since his appointment, not only are we not winning games but our performances seem considerably worse.

• Like 3

Ignoring all the blaming , shaming and point scoring and just looking at the football.

We have been in every game and you could argue we could have got a few more points from the last few games. Today I would question that 2nd pair of subs , but Knight and Sykes had put a lot in recently and didn't get a break during the Internationals. Even then I would have tried to keep Sykes on as he's our main threat.

In each game, individual errors and missed chance have cost us. Yes I know that's part of the game , but we should have scored more and those chance were at good times in the games. Tonight I thought we played some decent football at times, but when you see a short corner routine pass so bad it forces Mehmeti ten yards back it has nothing to do with coaching or tactics . 
I do worry how we struggle with basic long balls through our defence again though.

We need to start taking chances , goals change games is a cliche because it's true .Even tonight ,we had 3 good chances at 2-1 . IMO we have to find a place for TGH , I think Cornick deserves a start even though I thought TC was better tonight .  

I don't see us getting anything from Saturday , but who knows .

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

City proved that they can play good, attacking football, but why wait until you're 2-0 down? 

So much better in that last half hour and we probably deserved a draw, but those two soft goals cost us.

I hope that the Sykes and Knight substitutions were for tiredness, because they looked our best players. Yeboah is too raw and offered little, Mehmeti did grow into the game, but we lost our edge despite some presentable chances.

Frustrating, but there's some green shoots.

Yes there are some green shoots. However we have regressed in lots of areas and that's concerning.