IGNORED

Still early days

red panda

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If he could just cut down the unnecesaary and counter-productive substitutions we'd give ourselves a much better chabce of winning games. 

Yep.

At the moment he is running on 15 players & that’s obviously tough but he appears to believe that he needs to manage the pitch time of Sykes & Knight as a result.

He needs to choose when to hold & when to fold, if a game has gone (say we’re 3-0 down) there’s your time to give them a break.

Stick to a formation, minimise the number of changes to the starting XI & try & pick up some points before the transfer window opens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Early days it may well be, but our next league games are tough, very tough.

Sunderland (H), Hull (H), Watford (A), Brum (A), Millwall (H), Preston (A), Watford (H), Cov (A)

That's Dec/Jan. In Feb we play Leeds, Boro and Southampton (and SW/QPR)

We need results, basically.

Every game in this division is tough even  weak teams can create problems. 
I one hundred percent agree with your last sentence. Confidence is huge in this sport and if we keep getting beaten the players will lose it in themselves and the coaches. 

How long can we say "it's early days" before we have to start saying "do we think we will come straight back up?". It's like someone else mentioned, it's results that matter, and points. Don't feel it was the best time for a full renovation project as now we are in free fall.

My whole life Bristol City have been a bit of a joke team to everyone around me as they all support premier league teams, be nice in my lifetime if just for a while that wasn't the case.

It's getting to the point that if someone from another area asks me "which is the best team in Bristol"....not sure how to answer that question anymore, maybe "one of them has a better stadium"

• Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The openly critical comment on commentary from 2 senior players tells us the dressing room aren't backing him 

Precisely.  If two senior players are so open then the rest will follow.  It seems to me that Naismith is a leader among men

Expect fireworks soon 

Edited by Ivorguy

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

At the moment he is running on 15 players & that’s obviously tough but he appears to believe that he needs to manage the pitch time of Sykes & Knight as a result.

He needs to choose when to hold & when to fold, if a game has gone (say we’re 3-0 down) there’s your time to give them a break.

Stick to a formation, minimise the number of changes to the starting XI & try & pick up some points before the transfer window opens.

If you’re gonna rotate, actually rotate.  Don’t leave TGH on the bench for both games.  Thought he’d learned enough about TGH from game 1 and 2.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Precisely.  If two senior players are so open then the rest will follow.  It seems to me that Naismith is a leader among men

Expect fireworks soon 

It didn't sound that way to me 

I thought the way Nakhi put his point across was more along the lines of - I know the gaffer wouldn't have asked Max to hump it long so why are we

More along players not being brave enough to take responsibility

Just now, KingHillRed said:

I thought the way Nakhi put his point across was more along the lines of - I know the gaffer wouldn't have asked Max to hump it long so why are we

We will see what we see, but the blue touch paper is alight, imo.

5 minutes ago, KingHillRed said:

Agree.  Kal pretty scathing though.

But why not?

⬆️⬆️⬆️

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you’re gonna rotate, actually rotate.  Don’t leave TGH on the bench for both games.  Thought he’d learned enough about TGH from game 1 and 2.

I deliberately left the TGH business out of my reply because I cannot fathom it.

I’ve said already I am not as big a fan as some on here but overall think he’s done ok & on balance would be ahead of Williams.

He appears not to be convinced by him leading to speculation as to whether he might want to spend the money elsewhere but who knows?

He appears to have gone with Williams again last night (when he wasn’t great) on the basis of his performance at Huddersfield. 

Won’t be remotely shocked if TGH starts & Williams is on the bench for Saturday.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Thank you so much.

Here is a link to the You Tube version for the non-podcast fraternity:

Just watched the whole thing for the first time and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it

Some well reasoned points and much better delivered than I have on here this morning

Fair play boys - is that Ian Gay the bloke who rants on Twitter :laugh:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KingHillRed said:

Just watched the whole thing for the first time and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it

Some well reasoned points and much better delivered than I have on here this morning

That bloke in the bottom right corner made some very good points! 👀

17 minutes ago, KingHillRed said:

It certainly is and drew the comment from another You Tube watcher who described him as a "spouting hobbit"🤣

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That bloke in the bottom right corner made some very good points! 👀

Agreed - I thought there was a good point you made about an "evaluation" period

That is where I was trying to go with my poorly reasoned argument earlier

We'll see what happens I guess, I'll be there Saturday and hope to see a performance with perhaps more clarity

I really hope the boo boys aren't out in force, especially directed at players/gaffer 

• Thanks 1

Just some observations…..Agree with the fact that LM’s remit is to push the team on towards promotion THIS season. 

We’ve played well in spells, but I think that’s as much to do with the opposition rather than tactical nouse.

I think our defence has been overly exposed and teams have cut through us like a knife through butter on several occasions.

We haven’t moved the ball quick enough and we’ve sacrificed chances to create opportunities by opting to regroup and knock the ball around the back line.

We no longer appear difficult to break down. 

We had witnessed a squad capable of staying the pace until the 90+ minutes and fitness / work rate wasn’t in question. Now we’re seeing some of our most creative players like Knight / Sykes being pulled after 60 minutes. Sykes in particular is one of very few players who is a consistent goal threat. Seems inexplicable to me that he in particular is regularly being sacrificed? 

I’m starting to feel like there is almost an air of desperation creeping in already.

I’m like a number of frustrated supporters who was absolutely 💯 pro Nige and am extremely angry at JL, SL and BT. I hope LM can turn things around for his sake because he’s been sold an absolute fantasy by the deluded board and so be it if LM ends up as collateral damage but it won’t prevent my fury at the clueless clowns when this season falls apart.

We were ready to start giving Nige some decent money to transition us from a counter attacking team into a pressing team, full of belief and some real quality additions and instead JL shot us in the head.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

GJ didn't outstay his welcome afaic, several non trying mutinous players should have been booted out of the club rather than him leaving.

As for LJ, he should never have been welcomed in the first place.

That’s not what actually happened Nogbad but that’s old history these days but you’re right about a junior aJohnson tho.

He shouldn’t have been anywhere near club. Shit player and shit manager.

57 minutes ago, headhunter said:

It certainly is and drew the comment from another You Tube watcher who described him as a "spouting hobbit"🤣

It’s noticeable that you all have your names in what I’d call a “polite” font of upper case/lower case (I.e. Dave Fevs), with the exception of one man: - IAN

What that tells you about him I don’t know 😂😂

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s not what actually happened Nogbad but that’s old history these days but you’re right about a junior aJohnson tho.

Cracking away day up the Etihad mind - 1 nil half time I thought we were world beaters

• Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, KingHillRed said:

I'm confused - wouldn't you expect an element of 'breaking' old systems in favour of new ones if trying to adapt a new style

I think everyone thinks we were Real Madrid before Nige left - we weren't and performances were stale for a while

New ideas, new tactics, new learning approach - it is normal to take time isn't it?

No we are definitely not Real.  However, NP had a system that had us competing in games.  LM needed to keep that system and slowly add his own style.  Not rip the ass out of it.  I would of kept it the same until the of the season.  

Edited by Bodiesaffer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Expect fireworks soon 

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We will see what we see, but the blue touch paper is alight, imo.

That’s the way I see it!!

11 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Bang on, despite the results not being ideal. Performances for the most part have been good and you can see what he’s trying to implement, some people need to realise you can be angry at the Pearson sacking and give Manning time to prove himself

I dont think this has anything to do with pearsons sacking and more to do with what the board and tinion are doing.

Edited by BCFC31

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

He did at least bring Tammy to the club & without whom we would probably gave been relegated

8 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Manning was brought in to take the current squad closer to a promotion finish. Not in 2 years, not after 4 transfer windows, this season. It is exactly the same principle as when you change the coach/manager to avoid relegation. You cannot talk about the early days. It is now. So yes, he has to be judged by the here and now. Steve Cooper managed it at Notts F did he not? That we have decided to bring in a coach that plays a type of football alien to the club, and that includes youth team to the first team, is an error that can have fatal consequences. This was meant to be about making a push with the existing squad now. This season. What we are seeing is a deterioration in performances, as players are unable, in transition, learning, wherever each individual may be on that journey to adapt.

This is a whole club rebuild, we are not playing the football Tinnion described in his in-house interview (so he knew the questions) , where we play the same way from youth to first team. Forget the nonsense of "front foot football", we are now heading in a Man City (to give a topline example) and not a Liverpool direction. These are not small changes, they are fundamentals. This is yet another example of where the club has flip-flopped from one approach to another. We are certainly not following any of the Brentford/Luton examples cited in the past. Because you need to be consistent. For years. 

Manning will need to learn fast, he looks like a crossbreed of O'Driscol and Lee J , but all top managers, well he is a coach, not a manager, will tell you that you need to maximise your resources and adapt to them.

Performances are good? Not sure what games some are watching, but you are clutching at straws. Our defence has reverted to the error-strewn version of 2/3 years ago, which was sorted out by great coaching and player management, and is now looking like a fishing net full of holes. We may create a few more attacking options, but for the most part it has turned AG into a morgue. 

Manning needs to start finding solutions and fast. His remit was top 6 and a promotion push not a relegation battle or 4 transfer windows to deliver. He is not getting the best out of this squad, it is a limited squad of course, but it should be in the mix with the other 10 teams chasing that 5/6 th spot. At the moment, if results do not improve, we are looking at the bottom 6, not the top 6. The team is still in that mid-table mass of teams, so all is not lost, but it needs to start pointing in the right direction very soon. 

Manning has to deliver, and the continued creation of excuses for him is unacceptable. He was hired to deliver a result, and there are clear club-created communications on this, not fan-generated. How some are now wanting to play that down is ridiculous. What, were they joking? I doubt the ability of those at the club, but we are regressing, not progressing. Manning was meant to boost the team, results and performances and thus far has failed to do that. 

Swansea was the club for Manning. 

5 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Just some observations…..Agree with the fact that LM’s remit is to push the team on towards promotion THIS season. 

We’ve played well in spells, but I think that’s as much to do with the opposition rather than tactical nouse.

I think our defence has been overly exposed and teams have cut through us like a knife through butter on several occasions.

We haven’t moved the ball quick enough and we’ve sacrificed chances to create opportunities by opting to regroup and knock the ball around the back line.

We no longer appear difficult to break down. 

We had witnessed a squad capable of staying the pace until the 90+ minutes and fitness / work rate wasn’t in question. Now we’re seeing some of our most creative players like Knight / Sykes being pulled after 60 minutes. Sykes in particular is one of very few players who is a consistent goal threat. Seems inexplicable to me that he in particular is regularly being sacrificed? 

I’m starting to feel like there is almost an air of desperation creeping in already.

I’m like a number of frustrated supporters who was absolutely 💯 pro Nige and am extremely angry at JL, SL and BT. I hope LM can turn things around for his sake because he’s been sold an absolute fantasy by the deluded board and so be it if LM ends up as collateral damage but it won’t prevent my fury at the clueless clowns when this season falls apart.

We were ready to start giving Nige some decent money to transition us from a counter attacking team into a pressing team, full of belief and some real quality additions and instead JL shot us in the head.

It's not really LM's remit to get is in the playoffs, surely?! I know the board are mental, but even they don't believe that. It was just an excuse to sack Nige. We all know it was bollocks.