IGNORED

PDC world darts

Super

Just now, Super said:

Not sure how much of a longshot he'll be, He's been playing well for a while now.

Last nights showing will have shortened his odds considerably for sure can he maintain such a level throughout a long tournament? 

I doubt it. My money will be on either ‘Bully Boy’ Smith and/or ‘The Asp’  Aspinall. Both decent blokes and family guys. I hope one of them win it.

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Humphries dumps MVG out. He’s having decent year, wouldn’t surprise me if he got to the semis of the worlds 

Yeah MVG was really struggling and Humphries playing really well. I didn’t realise that he’s number 5 in the world.

Seems odd not to have Price or MVG in the last four in a major.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not sure about this.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/63707419 

She road her luck in a tournament a few years ago and has lived off it ever since

Sadly she is not up to the standard to be in this competition and I'd expect a few of the better lady players are pissed off about this

I would imagine this is all down to her sponsors etc getting in through the back door (again)

What an incredible final last night. Rob Cross well over 100, but couldn't live with MVG. A 9 darter, a couple of 10's, 11's and 12's. Then, just as cross looked like he might get back at him a 170 finish to win a losing leg. I haven't seen him play that well for some time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Ready for the Worlds? Begin tonight 

I am! watching it right now. Two unfamiliar players Mansell and Robb. Several others on later as well.

Wright the defending champion plays the winner of Robb/Mansell and the early rounds are a real danger for all the top players. It’s only 3 sets and pretty much anything can happen.

30 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Wright as the Grinch did make me chuckle.

Mansell was lucky not to end up with a couple darts in the back of his head against Robb.

Was disappointed in Keane Barry, he's looked brilliant whenever I've seen him before.

Nerves got to him as it did with Robb and Mansell. Although he won Sampson said he’d never been as anxious on oche before but he coped better than the others did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Well done William o Connor for putting that booing crowd well and truly in their place.

Well played Beau Greaves a very decent debut performance 

I haven't seen the darts on Sky for ages. Do you still get the moronic crowd trotting out the same old chants and songs?

Hearing that tune over and over again used to get on my tits, and then you'd have them singing the same thing time after time about the seats or something.

Used to enjoy it, but the audience would do my head in.

Edited by AppyDAZE

34 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I haven't seen the darts on Sky for ages. Do you still get the moronic crowd trotting out the same old chants and songs?

Hearing that tune over and over again used to get on my tits, and then you'd have them singing the same thing time after time about the seats or something.

Used to enjoy it, but the audience would do my head in.

Yes you nailed it is thesame old chants and songs. I try to shut out the audience and Wayne Mardle but it's getting harder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Adrian Lewis, really is some demise. Looks a shadow of a player who won back to back world titles

Heta was at it from the start and was dominant throughout. Like you said Lewis has been left behind by the new brigade. Very difficult to say who will win that quarter, obviously Michael Smith is the fav, but looks like he will end up playing Heta/Cullen. I fancy Cullen for a good run this year.