IGNORED

PDC world darts

Super

41 minutes ago, TomF said:

MVG is going to take some beating on that showing 

He certainly looked good but wasn’t under serious pressure throughout the match. Against likes of  Wright, Smith, Price, Aspinall it would be a different matter. 

We all know what pressure can do to any player in a tight match.

Edited by Robbored
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TomF said:

Right the decent matches kick off today.  Apsinall v Rock should be a cracker after this first match 

Yeah real mixture today. Should see a high standard with so many seeds left in it.

Debutant Rocky looks like a handful too. Barney has a good record over the Iceman aswell.

On 16/12/2022 at 21:19, AppyDAZE said:

I haven't seen the darts on Sky for ages. Do you still get the moronic crowd trotting out the same old chants and songs?

Hearing that tune over and over again used to get on my tits, and then you'd have them singing the same thing time after time about the seats or something.

Used to enjoy it, but the audience would do my head in.

First day I've sat down to watch the darts in these championships and 100% agree, pathetic.

"Boring, boring tables". "Stand up if you love the darts", "Kolo/Yaya Toure song", "Chase The Sun" after every set and that's about it. Oh, and "Don't take me home"....

And some of the announcers think they are celebrities with the way they shout the scores, Russ Bray being the worst. 

Almost unwatchable now with the sound up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

First day I've sat down to watch the darts in these championships and 100% agree, pathetic.

"Boring, boring tables". "Stand up if you love the darts", "Kolo/Yaya Toure song", "Chase The Sun" after every set and that's about it. Oh, and "Don't take me home"....

And some of the announcers think they are celebrities with the way they shout the scores, Russ Bray being the worst. 

Why bother watching?…………..:dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Hamdon Mart said:

As I said, this is the first day I've watched it, just offering my thoughts on it. Don't recall it being this bad before. 

If you think this is bad - wait until Wayne Mardle is commentating…….………:facepalm:

I watch it every year and it’s always the same.. the crowd get really into it, fancy dress, a few pints and it looks great fun. John Part is by far the best of the commentators

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you think this is bad - wait until Wayne Mardle is commentating…….………:facepalm:

I watch it every year and it’s always the same.. the crowd get really into it, fancy dress, a few pints and it looks great fun. John Part is by far the best of the commentators

Thanks for the warning, Robbo, will be sure to turn off when that happens (if it's on!). 

From what I've seen in the post-match stuff, Part is head and shoulders above Mardle who seems a bit excitable for his role. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Agree it ruins the coverage a bit, the songs are so repetitive and so unoriginal 

I'm glad that you mentioned the scorers they've really been getting on my nerves. Just call the scores and stop being a bit "all about me" 

• Like 3