IGNORED

PDC world darts

Super

So Price goes 3-1 down, dons a pair of ear defenders, goes 4-1 down, then resorts to earplugs a la Mervyn King, and loses 5-1, after taking the 1st set.

A cheap gimmick by Price to unsettle Clemens that didn't work. Got beaten fair and square. He really needs to take a leaf out of Clayton's book for losing with dignity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomF said:

I can't see beyond MVG unless Smith finds a purple patch. Either way its going to be quite the final.

I'm no Taylor fan but he's the absolute GOAT no matter what anyone says.   MVG probably 2nd maybe, behind Barney, Priestley & Anderson.

Taylor’s World Championship wins speaks for itself. - I can’t imagine that anyone will get even close to matching it and that makes ‘The Power’ the GoaT.

However I never found Taylor thrilling to watch, he was mechanical and a tad boring. MvG on the other hand is far more exciting and his current form is as good as it’s ever been but ‘Bully Boy’ is about the player that might be able to stop him.

As much as I like Smith and hope he can win it - I can’t quite see it.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I can't see beyond MVG unless Smith finds a purple patch. Either way its going to be quite the final.

I'm no Taylor fan but he's the absolute GOAT no matter what anyone says.   MVG probably 2nd maybe, behind Barney, Priestley & Anderson.

I don't like Taylor, but he is undoubtedly the best ever. The PDC wouldn't be up to the standards it is now without Taylor setting the bar as high as he did.

He's also probably the worst winner ever and the worst loser ever in any individual Sport. A really unlikeable bloke.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I don't like Taylor, but he is undoubtedly the best ever. The PDC wouldn't be up to the standards it is now without Taylor setting the bar as high as he did.

He's also probably the worst winner ever and the worst loser ever in any individual Sport. A really unlikeable bloke.

Met him twice. Once just outside Ally Pally and once at the Circus Tavern when we accidently blocked his car in. He was great and spent about 15 minutes chatting to us. He called Helen Chamberlain over to talk to us as well, probably because we had similar accents...!

In my experience a top man and without doubt the best player to ever toe the oche.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

OK chaps, a couple of questions for us non Sky users. What time is the final and how many sets is it?

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

The final will start approx 7:45pm, and is the best of 7 sets - 3 legs to win a leg

Just for clarity it's best of 13 sets so first to 7 :)  

And 3 legs to win a set. 

• Thanks 1