PDC world darts

Super

• Admin
On 17/12/2023 at 22:08, frenchred said:

Because she was shite?

She has been awful for a very long time now

On 17/12/2023 at 22:55, Robbored said:

Not at all.
She held her own with some excellent darts but lacked consistency and that’s what cost her losing 3-1.

I'm going to assume that you only follow the darts that make it onto Sky?

Her form has been awful for a very long time, and it is well recognised around the floor events that she only gets into many of the TV events as Sky pushed her name and image for so long

There are much better female players in the game, and this is not a pleasant comment to make, but they are not  the "pin up" image that will attract the casual viewer to the sport - not that Fallon is to me personally

She was well known to not be too choosy who she was cracking onto around the various floor events, and I am sure once her tour card runs out she will vanish from the stage events

23 minutes ago, Super said:

It really only gets going after xmas. Seen some pretty poor games so far.

Completely agree, of course it is the FA Cup of darts, so as many as possible are entered (another reason for the above), and the games lack real quality at the moment

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Her form has been awful for a very long time, and it is well recognised around the floor events that she only gets into many of the TV events as Sky pushed her name and image for so long

There are much better female players in the game, and this is not a pleasant comment to make, but they are not  the "pin up" image that will attract the casual viewer to the sport - not that Fallon is to me personally

She was well known to not be too choosy who she was cracking onto around the various floor events, and I am sure once her tour card runs out she will vanish from the stage events

Completely agree, of course it is the FA Cup of darts, so as many as possible are entered (another reason for the above), and the games lack real quality at the moment

That’s right plus if any darts tournament is live on other channels with ‘big names’ I’ll watch that. I think Sky have elevated a pub game int a massive TV attraction with the top players names being well known.

I wish they’d dump Mardle tho……jeez…….he talks some shit………:grr:

• Like 1

Humphries looking formidable.

Anyone have any tips on how to buy tickets? Think I’ve signed up for notifications previously and been trying and looking for a few years now. Not a super fan, but watch regularly, would love to attend the 2025 World Champs, ideally round 3/4 onwards (after Christmas), preferably final, SF, QF.

39 minutes ago, zombie said:

Humphries looking formidable.

Anyone have any tips on how to buy tickets? Think I’ve signed up for notifications previously and been trying and looking for a few years now. Not a super fan, but watch regularly, would love to attend the 2025 World Champs, ideally round 3/4 onwards (after Christmas), preferably final, SF, QF.

Just about the only way to get tickets for this event is to have a pdc membership. They get first dibs in all the tickets by quite some distance, in fact by the time it goes to those who have signed up for alerts (free) most if not all are already gone!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Not sure there are many better female players than her, she’s number 2 in the women’s PDC rankings, so qualified on merit.

Beau Greaves far away best women’s player but decided to win WDF world championship for more money available than losing in the 1st round at Ally Pally. When Beau Greaves goes full time on the PDC then I think Sherrock will be pushed aside a bit for Greaves will be top ranked woman.

34 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

O’Connor looking decent this afternoon mind you I think I would have given his opponent a good game. 

Patel was extremely nervous and at no stage got going at all. O’Connor couldn’t have had and easier match. Can’t read much into that result. He’s up against Dobey next. He’ll be a far more serious opponent 

• Admin
On 19/12/2023 at 11:33, Robbored said:

I wish they’d dump Mardle tho……jeez…….he talks some shit………:grr:

Has TomF come back and hacked your account……. He always had multiple rants about Mardle every world championship 😀

And on the subject of shit, that woman they have doing the post match interviews is cringeworthy.

Sky have a long way to go to replace Dave Clark, he was a great presenter and interviewer.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Has TomF come back and hacked your account……. He always had multiple rants about Mardle every world championship 😀

And on the subject of shit, that woman they have doing the post match interviews is cringeworthy.

Sky have a long way to go to replace Dave Clark, he was a great presenter and interviewer.

Will swim against the tide but I don’t mind Mardle at all. Just loves the darts

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

So Littler gets through another round, started on fire, dropped off, but still does enough, doubt he can afford many more drop offs like that and take out the seeds.

Littler is the youngest player to impress at the PDC world championship. However  Callan Rydz had a similar impact last year and has faded since - 9 years older tho!

16 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Littler is quality, that’s 2 very decent pros he’s knocked out. Think wadey and wright were in his section too, so could go a decent way in this tournament, perhaps a qf

Yep, that part of the draw is wide open now with Wade and Wright gone, everyone left in it will be thinking they can get to the quarters.

Quarters would likely be against Price or Anderson.

• Like 1