IGNORED

PDC world darts

Super

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Fantastic darts and nerves of steel , just guaranteed himself £100,000 too.

Double that. 200k for the runner up, a cool half a million for the winner. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Double that. 200k for the runner up, a cool half a million for the winner. 

I got a bit mixed up when I was reading the prize page. Semi finalists get £100k . 

Wish I'd stuck at it now :blush2:

7 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Humphries wins it for me now. Had a tough schedule with playing last most rounds. No real idea as to what time his match would start so difficult to prepare. It wasn't until last night when there were only 2 matches, so had an idea as to when his match would start. And low and behold hits a 103.5 average. Can only see him getting stronger now.

108.74 average tonight. What a final it is going to be tomorrow night.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Definitely - can’t have world finalist not in the PL.

He was asked about it and spoke against it as would mean almost seven days of darts every week which is a danger at his age for burnout 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, phantom said:

He was asked about it and spoke against it as would mean almost seven days of darts every week which is a danger at his age for burnout 

4 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

On a side note I see that he is provisionally in the top 32 in the world after this.

If he wins the final, he’ll be under huge pressure to reconsider his decision not to play in the PL

One persuasive point would be that the PL is once a week. Obviously it involves traveling between venues but no doubt he could/would travel by air. 

Another persuasive point would be how much time would he spend practicing and playing in tournaments all over the World which comes with being a darts superstar?

Obviously his relatively tender age is a factor and might leave him open to exploitation. At almost 17 he won’t have much of a clue about the realities of life per se and will need a protective arm around him. Whether his family could provide that is unknown.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Robbored said:

If he wins the final, he’ll be under huge pressure to reconsider his decision not to play in the PL

One persuasive point would be that the PL is once a week. Obviously it involves traveling between venues but no doubt he could/would travel by air. 

I'm not sure he will 

It's the bread and butter events that take place on the other days that he needs to be playing at least in the next year 

Premier League is just about Sky and their coverage. 

I hear Sky offered to share the coverage with a free to air channel but nobody wanted to show it 

Another dull fact, over 500 people backed Littler to win the tournament before a dart was thrown 

Worst odds then were 66/1

• Like 1