IGNORED

Hull game

old_eastender

Hull City are delighted to announce that a deal has been agreed to sign vastly experienced striker Billy Sharp.

The 37-year-old will officially join the club on 1 January on a contract until the end of the season.

The prolific forward is the Championship’s all-time leading scorer with 130 goals for six different clubs, most notably boyhood side Sheffield United, where he won promotion to the Premier League last term.

Making almost 400 appearances across three spells at Bramall Lane, he was a pivotal figure in the Blades’ rise from League One to the Premier League between 2016 and 2019.

A five-time promotion winner, having reached the top flight with Southampton and the second tier with Scunthorpe United – both under former City boss Nigel Adkins – Sharp has netted over 250 career goals.

The frontman most recently represented MLS side LA Galaxy, for whom he scored six times in 12 matches – his ninth club during two decades as a professional.

Head coach Liam Rosenior said: “I’m so happy. It’s the ultimate no-brainer.

“We’ve got an exciting, young, attacking group of players but what I found in my experience of promotion, and Billy has five, is that when you get to April and May, you need people who have been there, seen it and done it.

“That can be on the pitch and off the pitch with words in the dressing room. Wherever Billy has been, he’s scored goals – and at crucial moments in games.

“To bring in someone of his quality and experience is of huge benefit to the club.”

Welcome, Billy!

• Thanks 1

On 17/12/2023 at 08:44, Packman said:

Jadon Philogene is injured for Hull which makes it a bit easier for us. Absolutely fantastic player, surprised he went to Hull.

Very good indeed , looking through there team they look a very talented side , wouldn’t surprise me if they finish 3rd 

personally think if we get a positive result Friday it would be our best result of the season so far

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

It's 'Black Eye Friday' so hundrerds of fans will be turning up p!55ed having been on the lash all afternoon!

Can always remember the city v rovers 3-2 ( 1 nil down after about 30 seconds Marcus fxxking bignot ) on black eye Friday , what a game ( day ) that was , was in town from about 2 pm never seen so many city fans drinking in every pub we went in not a rovers fan in sight ( it’s there town centre aswell , then walked all along the cut / coronation road visiting more pubs on the way still not 1 rovers fan get in the ground hey presto there’s about 2,000 gasheads singing that drivel Irene , how did that 2,000 get to the gate 👀🤷

• Like 2

Just now, redkev said:

Can always remember the city v rovers 3-2 ( 1 nil down after about 30 seconds Marcus fxxking bignot ) on black eye Friday , what a game ( day ) that was , was in town from about 2 pm never seen so many city fans drinking in every pub we went in not a rovers fan in sight ( it’s there town centre aswell , then walked all along the cut / coronation road visiting more pubs on the way still not 1 rovers fan get in the ground hey presto there’s about 2,000 gasheads singing that drivel Irene , how did that 2,000 get to the gate 👀🤷

Tunnels. Or the sewers,

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Hull City are delighted to announce that a deal has been agreed to sign vastly experienced striker Billy Sharp.

The 37-year-old will officially join the club on 1 January on a contract until the end of the season.

The prolific forward is the Championship’s all-time leading scorer with 130 goals for six different clubs, most notably boyhood side Sheffield United, where he won promotion to the Premier League last term.

Making almost 400 appearances across three spells at Bramall Lane, he was a pivotal figure in the Blades’ rise from League One to the Premier League between 2016 and 2019.

A five-time promotion winner, having reached the top flight with Southampton and the second tier with Scunthorpe United – both under former City boss Nigel Adkins – Sharp has netted over 250 career goals.

The frontman most recently represented MLS side LA Galaxy, for whom he scored six times in 12 matches – his ninth club during two decades as a professional.

“We’ve got an exciting, young, attacking group of players but what I found in my experience of promotion, and Billy has five, is that when you get to April and May, you need people who have been there, seen it and done it.

“That can be on the pitch and off the pitch with words in the dressing room. Wherever Billy has been, he’s scored goals – and at crucial moments in games.

“To bring in someone of his quality and experience is of huge benefit to the club.”

Welcome, Billy!

Phew, was bound to score. Like Steven Howard and Mark Stallard. 

3 hours ago, redkev said:

God forbid even at his age he would probably score against us 

Of all the goals he scored for Wolves Steve Bull got more against us than any other club and yet David Kelly is the Wolves player that we all remember having the Indian sign over us. Strange that.

8 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

anyone else like me not got their misses anything yet? 😆 i will be out there friday running round the shops looking for something to wrap up. 

i remember once,her son gave her a washing up bowl,she loved it, following year i put some marigold gloves under the tree, she was pissy as hell with me for days after

I wouldn't bother running to the club shop, be bugger all in there for her.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Welcome, Billy!

Couldn't you have just posted the link instead of posting the whole article and the "five-time promotion winner" "We’ve got an exciting, young, attacking group of players" nonsense?

😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

anyone else like me not got their misses anything yet? 😆 i will be out there friday running round the shops looking for something to wrap up. 

i remember once,her son gave her a washing up bowl,she loved it, following year i put some marigold gloves under the tree, she was pissy as hell with me for days after

Find out what scent she wears, pop up the Mall to John Lewis go into the Jo Malone shop and ask them if they have anything similar to the scent she wears. The staff are lovely and very helpful and will identify one of their scents.

Whats different about Jo Malone scent is that the same scent on two different woman will give off a different smell. It’s not cheap tho!

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Find out what scent she wears, pop up the Mall to John Lewis go into the Jo Malone shop and ask them if they have anything similar to the scent she wears. The staff are lovely and very helpful and will identify one of their scents.

Whats different about Jo Malone scent is that the same scent on two different woman will give off a different smell. It’s not cheap tho!

Eau de Merde is nice

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, redkev said:

There must have been 300 blokes in the Fish Market & BJs liquor emporium from early afternoon.
What a day/night.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Couldn't you have just posted the link instead of posting the whole article and the "five-time promotion winner" "We’ve got an exciting, young, attacking group of players" nonsense?

Stuff it, I am going back to the links instead then😛

Ignore the criticism and carry on as before. The forum needs you 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

I give her cash these days, I am not allowed to buy my wife presents anymore not after what is known in our house as, "the Dyson incident". 

:facepalm:

• Haha 10

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I give her cash these days, I am not allowed to buy my wife presents anymore not after what is known in our house as, "the Dyson incident". 

If, as is hinted , you actually bought your Mrs a vacuum as a present, the only thing that surprises me is that you are still alive to tell the tale.

Just now, Ashtongreight said:

Edited by Ashtongreight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

There must have been 300 blokes in the Fish Market & BJs liquor emporium from early afternoon.
What a day/night.

Every pub I went into that afternoon( and it was a fair few) was all packed with city fans , we thought were bound to bump into the blue few somewhere in the centre that afternoon , but no city fans everywhere 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of all the goals he scored for Wolves Steve Bull got more against us than any other club and yet David Kelly is the Wolves player that we all remember having the Indian sign over us. Strange that.

Even stranger that David Kelly played for Walsall, not Wolves.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

you are a legend 👋👍 she did say  last month the vax was getting too heavy to carry upstairs and that she would like another henry