IGNORED

Hull game

old_eastender

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He started at Walsall but also played for Wolves.

I don't remember him for Wolves at all but just looked him up and 1 goal vs us in 93/94 season, then 4 against us in 94/95 season (including a hat trick at AG). He was a menace against us when he played for Walsall.

20 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I don't remember him for Wolves at all but just looked him up and 1 goal vs us in 93/94 season, then 4 against us in 94/95 season (including a hat trick at AG). He was a menace against us when he played for Walsall.

I remember that hat trick at AG.

Some interesting stuff from LM in today’s press rounds:

Would’ve liked to hear Sheridan ask him more on why we were forced into a low block by Sunderland from a good press…and then why we couldn’t get out of it.

Players coming back in January (see injury thread).

Talked honestly about being in all games, but fine margins…and quality being a differentiator.

Doesnt seem likely to deviate from one up-top and sees Tommy, Nahki and Harry battling it out…competition good.  Has played two up top at times but talks about players dropping into deeper positions.

Still seems like a frugal(ish) approach to the Jan window, because inflated prices, so might see loan as an option.

Re heavy fixtures, will play the game in-front, try to win that.  Will plan opponents analysis ahead of time, but not team selection.  A positive for me.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Re heavy fixtures, will play the game in-front, try to win that.

When I heard that I was a little miffed, seeing he made changes at Blackburn when on top and chasing ,to so say save legs or because they had played lots. 
Rewriting history or has he learned a lesson already ?

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When I heard that I was a little miffed, seeing he made changes at Blackburn when on top and chasing ,to so say save legs or because they had played lots. 

We will have to wait and see I guess.

I do like Sykes. Very little cliché in his answers.

And reference to the press being wrong at Hull and it being tweaked 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by Davefevs

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Saving legs and playing minutes/ tiring are two very different things and from his previous interviews he responded in the latter in making changes for impact as players tired. I didn’t see this as a negative, he likes 100% to 60 mins than 70% for 90

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CityReds said:

Saving legs and playing minutes/ tiring are two very different things and from his previous interviews he responded in the latter in making changes for impact as players tired. I didn’t see this as a negative, he likes 100% to 60 mins than 70% for 90

My point was he said he wants to win the game in front of him first and not think about the next game. We were well on top at that stage at B'burn, and pushing for an equaliser. To take Sykes and Knight off when they were still having an impact seemed counter productive and that was what I was on about. If one of them was taken off for Weimann , maybe , to take them both off made us seem to lose all momentum,  tired or not. 

• Like 2

On 04/11/2023 at 16:07, RedReg said:

We are going to miss him

On 17/12/2023 at 16:26, Loosey Boy said:

Let’s hope we can back-up yesterdays result with another 3 points on Friday - would give the team a lot of confidence, going into the games over the Christmas/New Year period. 🤞

3 points in the bag for us should be no problem on Friday night.

• Hmmm 1

50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

My point was he said he wants to win the game in front of him first and not think about the next game. We were well on top at that stage at B'burn, and pushing for an equaliser. To take Sykes and Knight off when they were still having an impact seemed counter productive and that was what I was on about. If one of them was taken off for Weimann , maybe , to take them both off made us seem to lose all momentum,  tired or not. 

He’s already explained why he did that in one of the future interviews when he was asked why, and I don’t necessarily disagree, both were blowing and we have enough injuries than put both of them in the hospital wing too

Edited by CityReds