IGNORED

TGH

Son of Fred

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

First name is a bit much.  O’Leary and Dickie are two that make us a lot worse if they don’t play. Sykes as well. But TGH is becoming ever more important for sure 

His signing will allow us to not renew Janes’ contract next season imo. 
We are not playing everything through James now like we used to so i can see him and his wages being released at the end of the season. 

14 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Take a bow - excellent again yesterday & should be first longest name on the team sheet 👏

Unless Sebastian Palmer-Houlden returns!

+++++

I get rotation, but TGH is an important player for us.

For me, I want to see Conway, Sykes, Knight, TGH, Dickie and Pring playing as many games as fitness allows.  Probably Vyner too, but we will hopefully have Atkinson vying for CB soon(ish).  I’d be happy to see Naismith and James battling it out alongside TGH.

Thats a pretty young core too…if we can get TC tied down that would be a big boost.  I’m not overly fussed about his teamplay per se, he’s scoring.  I don’t care if they are coming from pens either.  His strike rate for a mid-table, low-scoring team is very good.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, nickolas said:

We are not playing everything through James now like we used to so i can see him and his wages being released at the end of the season. 

32 going on 33 James' wage market value is a lot lower than 29 year old James. 

I would like to see him stay 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Different players. You don’t think having a player like James, allowed TGH to have an impact further forward? 

• Like 1

Just now, Gratz260689 said:

O’Leary on the basis of yesterday? He’s been poor all season up until yesterday!! 

He hasn’t been “poor all season”. Our goals conceded is an obvious indicator of that. Aspects of his game do need big improvement but it’s wrong to say that dropping him NOW leaves us with a weaker goalkeeper between the sticks. Therefore one of the first names on the team sheet by necessity.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

If Manning gave £100 to everyone who went to the next home game you'd criticise him for it still.

You're beyond ridiculous at this point.

I think @W-S-M Seagull makes a valid (albeit sarcastic) point re TGH.  He’s twice been left out by LM.

QPR - LM’s first game, so you kinda accept his logic

Huddersfield - yep, can understand rotation with 3 games in a week, but then missed Blackburn too.

Youd have thought that based on his performance levels in our midfield he’s been poorly treated from a selection point of view.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

First name is a bit much.  O’Leary and Dickie are two that make us a lot worse if they don’t play. Sykes as well. But TGH is becoming ever more important for sure 

O'Leary is first name on the  team sheet because there is no competition. And I am sure my memory fails me but when was the last time he was left out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think @W-S-M Seagull makes a valid (albeit sarcastic) point re TGH.  He’s twice been left out by LM.

Huddersfield - yep, can understand rotation with 3 games in a week, but then missed Blackburn too.

Youd have thought that based on his performance levels in our midfield he’s been poorly treated from a selection point of view.

It is because we are limited to 90+ minutes for our information. We don't know what's happening in training, whether he is carrying injury or any of the other things the manager will base his selections on.

I also don't understand this obsession that some of our fans have with starting eleven's, football hasn't been an 11 man game for a good 10 years or more, every player in the squad knows they potentially have a part to play on match day. If TGH wasn't getting in the squad, that would be harder to understand.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He hasn’t been “poor all season”. Our goals conceded is an obvious indicator of that. Aspects of his game do need big improvement but it’s wrong to say that dropping him NOW leaves us with a weaker goalkeeper between the sticks. Therefore one of the first names on the team sheet by necessity.

Goals conceded is down to the defenders, up until yesterday I’d imagine his saves per match is the lowest, he’s been at fault for a fair few goals this season, just lucky we haven’t got good enough back up to challenge him!! 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm glad you picked up on the hint of sarcasm. 

But I do hope he starts next week as he is a big player for us. 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I would add Knight as well.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

It's embarrassing your blinkered view of Manning just because your permanent semi for his predecessor.

Have a day off mate. 

Bit of a weird thing to say. 

I make a valid criticism of selection and you consider that to be something other than that. Think that says a lot about how you view football. 

You may have wished for us to have not won under Pearson, but to try and put me in that same bracket says a lot about you. 

Absolutely delighted with the 3 points yesterday and partied long into the night about it. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It is because we are limited to 90+ minutes for our information.

we aren’t, but there was nothing in LM’s interviews after each selection that suggested anything other than purely a selection decision.

We don't know what's happening in training, whether he is carrying injury or any of the other things the manager will base his selections on.

I also don't understand this obsession that some of our fans have with starting eleven's, football hasn't been an 11 man game for a good 10 years or more, every player in the squad knows they potentially have a part to play on match day. If TGH wasn't getting in the squad, that would be harder to understand.

agree, but in TGH’s case his place in the bench v Huddersfield was rotational, and we accept that, but then again v Blackburn, where there was no reason given, was strange.  All we got after the event was, he’s got a great attitude type stuff.

There really doesn’t appear to be a sound reason why.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Have a day off mate. 

Bit of a weird thing to say. 

I make a valid criticism of selection and you consider that to be something other than that. Think that says a lot about how you view football. 

You may have wished for us to have won under Pearson, but to try and put me in that same bracket says a lot about you. 

Absolutely delighted with the 3 points yesterday and partied long into the night about it. 

It's more the condescending comments of 'tombola' I'm referring too. You do sometimes make good points and I actually agree TGH shouldn't have been dropped.

However, you do so without context i.e Manning is working out his best team so rotation will happen because he's literally managed us for a month. During his time with us 80% of the team is the same week in week out partly due to availability.

You then follow up with tunnel vision arguments/comments always positioned in a negative way towards Manning. You never seem to provide balance to any of your posts and it completely undermines the sensible parts.

• Like 3