IGNORED

TGH

Son of Fred

I like TGH , I'd like to see the transfer confirmed sooner rather than later . As I said a few times , when he linked up with Knight at Cardiff (James was out) I though I'd seen our future . 

That said I still think Manning is looking at the squad and seeing what he thinks is best.  If I were to guess why TGH had been dropped , it would be just that a guess and until we are told the reasoning we won't know.
QPR 0-0 game , he had been here for a couple of days and even he said he would take the advice of people at the Club .
Middlesboro 3-2, starts, plays 90 & scores.  
Southampton 0-1 , starts , plays 90 . 
Norwich 1-2 , starts subbed 81 for JW . (Bell replaces Sykes for last 30)
Huddersfield 1-1 Sub on for JW 67 . ( Pring was sub came on for Sykes )
Blackburn 1-2 Sub on for JW 58  . ( Sykes off for Yeboah  & Knight for Weimann 79 ins while well on top )
Sunderland 1-0 Starts plays 90 .  ( Sykes off for Bell 82 )

The QPR game I tend to ignore as he hadn't been here long enough . The odd subs and tweaks with the line up suggests he is trying to get an idea of each players assets , there is some rotation involved but as with some of the other subs it feels like he is learning about the squad. 
I feel it will settle into a regular starting XI , just the odd one/two in and out for rotation . The one thing I'm surprised Manning hasn't tried is TGH as wide left MF. Now if he cuts in he has a good shot and it would release Mehmeti to play more central where I think he would be best , but what do I know.

21 hours ago, Jose said:

Like him. No idea why he was dropped. Not sure there was any need to shout in the keepers face when he earned the pen. Not sure if there was previous between them but not a great look. 

Don't see an issue with that personally. Tbf they're pro footballers trying to do whatever it takes to get a result on a Saturday not priests. I'm sure you've played enough football to know that many games are competitive but go off peacefully and some games are competitive and for whatever reason lots of "chat" and other stuff goes on. If the Sunderland GK wanted to spout off then he won't complain (and didn't complain that I saw) when somebody in the opposition team decides to give him a bit back. It's totally normal in football (and pro Rugby as it happens but there are far too many tossers who watch that sport who are in denial and have a blinkered anti-football agenda).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I like TGH , I'd like to see the transfer confirmed sooner rather than later . As I said a few times , when he linked up with Knight at Cardiff (James was out) I though I'd seen our future . 

That said I still think Manning is looking at the squad and seeing what he thinks is best.  If I were to guess why TGH had been dropped , it would be just that a guess and until we are told the reasoning we won't know.
QPR 0-0 game , he had been here for a couple of days and even he said he would take the advice of people at the Club .
Blackburn 1-2 Sub on for JW 58  . ( Sykes off for Yeboah  & Knight for Weimann 79 ins while well on top )

The QPR game I tend to ignore as he hadn't been here long enough . The odd subs and tweaks with the line up suggests he is trying to get an idea of each players assets , there is some rotation involved but as with some of the other subs it feels like he is learning about the squad
I feel it will settle into a regular starting XI , just the odd one/two in and out for rotation . The one thing I'm surprised Manning hasn't tried is TGH as wide left MF. Now if he cuts in he has a good shot and it would release Mehmeti to play more central where I think he would be best , but what do I know.

Yeah, good point. It’s easy to overlook that’s he’s only been at AG a few weeks

19 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s going to be interesting to see if the new wage budget will be extended & some of the nest egg used  next month . Manning was asked last week what part of the pitch he was looking to strengthen & he did hint on midfield & forward positions. If they’re going to be better than we already have then it’ll cost . He also mentioned we needed more depth , which we do . So can’t see anyone leaving 

No doubt we shall find out next month, but my guess is that we shall be trying to get LM’s old central midfielder from Oxford, Brannagon I believe his name is.

I daresay talks have already started.

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We are not allowed to speak about this Robbo. 

If we do speak about it we get labelled with having an agenda. 

We must not question why one of our best performing players of late has been dropped a few times. We must instead blindly support. 

We most certainly must not point out that without TGH and his performances Manning would be in a right pickle right now. 

Ah but is that actually what you did? Or did you write T O M B O L A?

You suggesting LM picks his teams using a tombola machine is not the same as asking a reasoned debate as to why TGH has not started for a couple of games. You didn’t suggest some reasons as to why it could have been (injury, poor training performance, trying other players) you literally wrote the word T O M B O L A.

That is why people did not engage positively or agree with you.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, grifty said:

You suggesting LM picks his teams using a tombola machine is not the same as asking a reasoned debate as to why TGH has not started for a couple of games. You didn’t suggest some reasons as to why it could have been (injury, poor training performance, trying other players) you literally wrote the word T O M B O L A.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez does this really need explaining? 

@Curr Avon wrote W H Y? So in the same format I wrote tombola in jest. It was there for you to see all along but you conveniently ignored that. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez does this really need explaining? 

@Curr Avon wrote W H Y? So in the same format I wrote tombola in jest. It was there for you to see all along but you conveniently ignored that. 

I didn’t ignore it, I ignored the sarcastic use of spacing to mimic the question and looked at the word you used - Tombola.

Also if something said in jest needs explaining, it probably wasn’t very funny or didn’t make sense.

I do agree with your general point of why was TGH seemingly dropped or left out when he’s probably our best midfielder, but there are ways to explain your reasoning/opinions and I don’t believe stating tombola is a good way to do it.

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

I didn’t ignore it, I ignored the sarcastic use of spacing to mimic the question and looked at the word you used - Tombola.

Also if something said in jest needs explaining, it probably wasn’t very funny or didn’t make sense.

I do agree with your general point of why was TGH seemingly dropped or left out when he’s probably our best midfielder, but there are ways to explain your reasoning/opinions and I don’t believe stating tombola is a good way to do it.

Cos on the surface, without any explanation, of which there was none, it looked like he had found LJs T O M B O L A. 

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

The QPR game I tend to ignore as he hadn't been here long enough . The odd subs and tweaks with the line up suggests he is trying to get an idea of each players assets , there is some rotation involved but as with some of the other subs it feels like he is learning about the squad. 

I suspect putting TGH on the bench was more about trying to get Williams some more minutes after his injury so that we have more options in the busy Christmas period. I hope we start with TGH from now on though. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We are not allowed to speak about this Robbo. 

If we do speak about it we get labelled with having an agenda. 

We must not question why one of our best performing players of late has been dropped a few times. We must instead blindly support. 

We most certainly must not point out that without TGH and his performances Manning would be in a right pickle right now. 

That's not why you've been accused of having an agenda and you know this

2 hours ago, grifty said:

It's not just that either.

This is the same poster who incessantly reiterated about LM getting sacked by MK Dons when he was linked and announced

And the same poster who goes out their way to be as negative as possible as they can with any aspect to do with LM.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It's interesting you reference  mehmeti as a central attacking midfield I'm not sure many know this but mehmeti isn't a winger he played behind the striker for wycombe he is being asked to play a completely different position here at Bristol city which I find very odd to say the least as its certainly not how you get the best out of him.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

It's interesting you reference  mehmeti as a central attacking midfield I'm not sure many know this but mehmeti isn't a winger he played behind the striker for wycombe he is being asked to play a completely different position here at Bristol city which I find very odd to say the least as its certainly not how you get the best out of him.

That is intriguing, he played centrally at Wycombe did he.

Early on, wondered if Mehmeti could be an answer to Mahrez obviously not levels wise but type, much lower level of course. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is intriguing, he played centrally at Wycombe did he.

Early on, wondered if Mehmeti could be an answer to Mahrez obviously not levels wise but type, much lower level of course. 

Yes he earned his name at Wycombe playing as an attacking midfielder I beileve. Which is why I find it  baffling we have shunted him out to the wing this could be because we dont have any real strength on the left wing position but even when you watch him play he looks much more like an attacking midfielder to me for example he has quick acceleration but not necessarily quick top end speed which is useful for receiving the ball on the half turn in the middle he has a good strike on him aswell and quick feet to get out of tight spaces low centre of gravity and intelligent enough passing to lend the ball back to those around him or give and go. I'm surprised not more has been made of this in the various Mehmeti threads he is by no means a poor player he is just learning a new position.

Edited by BCFC31

1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

It is a point I’ve made many times on here also.  Last season before he signed was probably his first real slug of games playing on the left, and even the. It was more inside left than left winger.

38 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Yes he earned his name at Wycombe playing as an attacking midfielder I beileve. Which is why I find it  baffling we have shunted him out to the wing this could be because we dont have any real strength on the left wing position but even when you watch him play he looks much more like an attacking midfielder to me for example he has quick acceleration but not necessarily quick top end speed which is useful for receiving the ball on the half turn in the middle he has a good strike on him aswell and quick feet to get out of tight spaces low centre of gravity and intelligent enough passing to lend the ball back to those around him or give and go. I'm surprised not more has been made of this in the various Mehmeti threads he is by no means a poor player he is just learning a new position.

Mehmeti certainly started off as AM or CM at Wycombe but in his last season it was a bit mixed with games at AM, LW, or LM (according to TransferMarkt).

Fwiw, I'd like to see him have a run as AM behind Conway and have Knight with TGH in midfield. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anis-mehmeti/leistungsdaten/spieler/530813/plus/0?saison=2022

• Like 2

On 17/12/2023 at 12:34, Henry said:

Different players. You don’t think having a player like James, allowed TGH to have an impact further forward? 

I dont think we should get rid of James, but theres a tike to reduce wages quite a lot and Manning will be bringing in some CM’s of his own no doubt. 

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Well put. 
One other note to add, is LM probably has been told how much he can spend and is looking at his other options pairing to see if he wants to spend a chunk on TGH before going for another position. 
Me personally would be handing West Brom a check on 1st Jan, but if he’s got say 3 million for January and wants a forward, keeper etc 1.3 million leaves little left over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Well put. 
One other note to add, is LM probably has been told how much he can spend and is looking at his other options pairing to see if he wants to spend a chunk on TGH before going for another position. 
Me personally would be handing West Brom a check on 1st Jan, but if he’s got say 3 million for January and wants a forward, keeper etc 1.3 million leaves little left over. 

Surely we paid West Brom a loan fee that gets deducted from the agreed transfer fee if we take up the option to buy? I would be surprised if we have to pay a FURTHER £1.3m for him? In that the regard what will the club's stance be in terms of shelling out a significant loan fee then sending him back? TGH is literally the only midfield player we have that likes to carry the ball forward and also shoot from outside the penalty area and with "different" players around him would go from strength to strength imo.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Surely we paid West Brom a loan fee that gets deducted from the agreed transfer fee if we take up the option to buy? I would be surprised if we have to pay a FURTHER £1.3m for him? In that the regard what will the club's stance be in terms of shelling out a significant loan fee then sending him back? TGH is literally the only midfield player we have that likes to carry the ball forward and also shoot from outside the penalty area and with "different" players around him would go from strength to strength imo.

There may be other more certain than I am, but I thought I read that there was a loan fee of £700,000 that would be deducted from the £1.3 M . 

13 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Well put. 

That is another option . The fee has been settled, so if there is a limited budget for January then he could think it make sense to put TGH back until the summer. 

As long as he gets him eventually. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think it is literally as described but could be wrong, ie the £0.7m loan, £1.3m permanent.

The market is heating up a bit again post Covid at this second, this summer saw a bit of turning point so it doesn't surprise me so much.

Say we sign him on a 2.5 year deal this January. £1.3m/5 equal instalments.

£0.26m in amortisation this season, £0.52m in each subsequent season plus obviously the whole loan fee would appear tbis season.

Likewise if we try and get TGH on a 4 year deal this summer, £0.325m amortisation x 4, £0.7m this year for loan fee.

Amortisation aside yes it would eat into it we gave £3m, maybe trigger by end of June.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

48 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I really can’t remember when and/or where I read it, but I was convinced the fee was £2M, of which £700K was a non-refundable loan fee.

Hence, should we wish to make the deal permanent, the outstanding balance of £1.3M would be due.

That’s what I understand Phil.  In effect a £2m transfer, where we got to try him out for a year for £700k.

if we do try to do it in January, you could see the accountancy side of it being:

• refund of half the loan fee to £350k
  • increase of transfer fee to £1.65m
  • still £2m overall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 17/12/2023 at 12:24, W-S-M Seagull said:

T O M B O L A

Wasn’t he one of the Italians caught up in a gambling scandal?

As for TGH, I am going to stick my neck out and say that from a purely attacking perspective he’s a better option than Scott and certainly more likely to score. I know many might disagree on that point, but if the buyout really is only £1.3M, i.e. about 1/20th of the fee we got for Scott, we would be bonkers not to trigger it. Along with Dickie and O’Leary, he was one of the only players in Saturday’s performance that were better than their Sunderland opposite number.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

But doesn't appear to have any idea about the defensive duties involved in playing in midfield.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

But doesn't appear to have any idea about the defensive duties involved in playing in midfield.

Mehmeti looked rather confused/positionally lost second half on Saturday when we were under the cosh- 

Noticed James & Pring having a word with him on more than the one occasion & both looking a tad frustrated.

Surprising how long Manning left him on - we looked a lot more solid down that side when Weimann came on.

Edited by Son of Fred