IGNORED

Watford away match thread

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Thanks mate. 

Unfortunately some people don't understand that a forum is a place for all of us to share differing opinions. They seem to think it's a place where only one type of opinion is allowed which in my opinion is not healthy. 

Which is what most people were met with when they were happy with the Manning appointment and didn't act heartbroken when pearson was moved on, alot of posters (not all before I get abuse for that) labelled other users with bristol sport employee bollox. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Thanks mate. 

Unfortunately some people don't understand that a forum is a place for all of us to share differing opinions. They seem to think it's a place where only one type of opinion is allowed which in my opinion is not healthy. 

No probs👍.  
I agree there’s an increasing number of people these days who have totally lost the desire to debate or, even acknowledge there can be differing opinions, even though both viewpoints can often have similar justification.

This echo chamber and cancel culture mentality is really destructive and if it reaches it’s logical conclusion, us humans will find ourselves being no better than inferior robots and AI will have the beating of us!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Red Cloud said:

however much I luvs our Nige, difficult to see how we would have gotten anywhere near 9 points from those 3 games

Agree with this entirely. Had massive doubts after the Blackburn game and was complaining that Nige would have got something from that game.

In contrast, I don’t think for a minute that Nige would have picked up wins against Hull or Watford. Also seeing spells of play where we look more comfortable and in spells more dangerous on the ball under Manning. I’d be interested to see the stats on unforced errors as well, especially in defensive areas. 

Loving Manningball atm

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Actually the opposite seems to be the case.

You were criticised for slagging LM off repeatedly before he was even appointed, betraying your unwillingness to give him a fair chance.

No one has suggested opinions they don't agree with can't be posted, except you here complaining that people disagree with yourself.

Or the reality is I had concerns about Manning ball which proved to be correct. Some people like yourself have taken a real issue with people having concerns, hence why you're on my ignore list. 

He's since moved away from Manning ball having admitted "I overloaded the players with information" and since then we've win 3 on the bounce which I'm absolutely delighted about

My concerns were absolutely valid. 

44 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Just watched the goals and it was an excellent performance.

Congratulations to LM and the team, two winnable games ahead, and it must be a long time since we won five on the bounce….no pressure then.

Top performance from Williams apparently which was nice to hear after leaving James on the bench.

Sorry , nothing personal but I really dislike the part of your post “two winnable games” every game is very tough in this league . Drop our performance by 10% & we’ll get beat. 
no complacency . 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Or the reality is I had concerns about Manning ball which proved to be correct. Some people like yourself have taken a real issue with people having concerns, hence why you're on my ignore list. 

He's since moved away from Manning ball having admitted "I overloaded the players with information" and since then we've win 3 on the bounce which I'm absolutely delighted about

Your concern was "but he got sacked by MK Dons" repeated ad nauseum

Also your ignore feature clearly isn't working for you.

Time to stop the lying eh lad?

11 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

No probs👍.  
I agree there’s an increasing number of people these days who have totally lost the desire to debate or, even acknowledge there can be differing opinions, even though both viewpoints can often have similar justification.

This echo chamber and cancel culture mentality is really destructive and if it reaches it’s logical conclusion, us humans will find ourselves being no better than inferior robots and AI will have the beating of us!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Most of us are coming from a place where we have the best interests of BCFC at heart. Some may see one path as the correct path for the club to take whilst others may see a different path as the correct path to take. But ultimately, the vast majority what to see us end up in the best possible position. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think you saw my other post in this thread, so I'll post it again here as I'm interested in your thoughts.

How did you see Manning ball pre Bristol City and why did you think it wouldn't suit our players? What is the difference in play between when he joined to what it is now? What are the differences in terms of patterns of play? 

• Flames 1
1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

Your concern was "but he got sacked by MK Dons" repeated ad nauseum

Also your ignore feature clearly isn't working for you.

Time to stop the lying eh lad?

I mean, all the evidence is on my posting history about my concerns of his playing style. 

Otib has an option to view ignored users posts. 

No need to get personal. Enjoy the 3 wins in the row mate. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I mean, all the evidence is on my posting history about my concerns of his playing style. 

Otib has an option to view ignored users posts. 

No need to get personal. Enjoy the 3 wins in the row mate. 

And the evidence backs what I said.

Just stop lying.

I'm enjoying the win immensely.

Perhaps you could try admitting that you had been unreasonable in your obsession over who MK Dons sacked and ignoring everything that several posters pointed out to you at the time.

Instead of getting defensive and trying to shut other people's opinions down because they disagree with you, and then crying the victim and claiming that people are trying to silence you because they disagree with you.

• Flames 1
2 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Don’t see anything wrong with this post at all WSM, though it still managed to land some stupid facepalm emojis, though one was totally unsurprising, considering their posts recently.

Like you and many others, I was incandescent when Nige was sacked, but said the new man deserves a clean slate, as it wasn’t him who did the sacking.  Early on, I had concerns he may be a one trick pony, for the same reason as you commented.  He came in and immediately changed our playing style to something we were completely unsuited to.  

The fact he’s realised the error and has taken us back to more like our game under NP, but with some tweaks to make us more forward thinking and dangerous around the opposition’s box is great and gives me a lot of confidence that he can be flexible and pragmatic, which can only be good for us.

Fair play to LM and today is easily his most impressive result so far, so I’m feeling far more optimistic than when he joined us.  

Today was a massive Christmas bonus for us and it’s a real shame there are still idiots attempting childish points scoring, just like we had under LJ.

The way I see it right now is City are playing a much more Pearson style game.

This is For a number of reasons, but mainly because that is what most of these players have been doing for 21/2 years. 

The big difference is, We finally have a tune out of Mehmeti. And that is a great compliment to Manning. 

Back that up with a rest for Bell and Wells, Williams, Weimann etc being fit enough for 90 minutes a few things are coming together. Good for him and us!

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don't think you saw my other post in this thread, so I'll post it again here as I'm interested in your thoughts.

How did you see Manning ball pre Bristol City and why did you think it wouldn't suit our players? What is the difference in play between when he joined to what it is now? What are the differences in terms of patterns of play? 

Manning ball is defined by LM saying "if the other team don't have the ball they can't score" that's what he initially tried to do here. 

He also likes a 3 at the back formation. 

We don't have the type of players needed to control possession and as he found out, Ashton Gate doesn't have the patience for that type of football. 

We've gone back to our strengths which is a team that plays on the transitions. That's the style that we do have the players for. 

6 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Just stop lying.

Perhaps you could try admitting that you had been unreasonable in your obsession over who MK Dons sacked and ignoring everything that several posters pointed out to you at the time.

Instead of getting defensive and trying to shut other people's opinions down because they disagree with you, and then crying the victim and claiming that people are trying to silence you because they disagree with you.

Stop getting personal and then you won't end up on people's ignore list. 

watching the games under manning we seem a lot better in possession(although we are still giving the ball away far too-easily at times)we are playing with confidence and there is a togetherness about the group.our fitness levels our high.i am astounded by the transformation(eating humble pie as i speak) how has LM managed to achieve this in such a short space of time?

Guys, guys  come on FFS, we won.

Only time will tell if Liam will be a success or not,   but let's just agree that he is getting something right here and now

and enjoy the win without knocking lumps of shit out of each other.

We're all City and that's what counts.

I hated Nigel being sacked,  but I am ******* loving this little run of wins against the better sides in the division.

Let's rejoice while we can.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 7
  • Flames 6
  • Robin 1
32 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Which is what most people were met with when they were happy with the Manning appointment and didn't act heartbroken when pearson was moved on, alot of posters (not all before I get abuse for that) labelled other users with bristol sport employee bollox. 

It is a fact that Bristol Sport employees signed up here. Like how the Russians tried to influence elections. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It is a fact that Bristol Sport employees signed up here. Like how the Russians tried to influence elections. 

But it doesn't mean you can go around calling anyone you disagree with a Bristol Sport employee.

That would be trying to stifle their opinions and stop debate.

Something you were falsely claiming is happening to you when you were playing the victim earlier.

25 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Perhaps you should join @Robbored in that weekly meeting I suggested earlier, so that you can keep LM up to speed on what he needs to do.

Only difference is that RR takes that comment with good humour whereas you seem to be remarkably defensive and ungracious and unwilling to admit that perhaps that the MK failure is achieving some promising things.

I don’t think we’ve stopped playing Manning’s way (if that’s what “manning ball means): we’re just adapting and doing it a lot better now.

For someone who sees the forum as a place for debate and for people to disagree, you seem to have a  very extensive ‘ignore’ list!

And, yes, I am enjoying the win. Actually, QPR aside, I’ve enjoyed every one of the games since LMs appointment - although I wasn’t able to get to the Blackburn game. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
14 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Just stop lying.

I put him on ignore but when his posts are quoted I can see them for some reason . Blokes a bloody hypocrite . Likes to have a dig at people but as soon as you say something back he says “ no need to get personal & starts crying. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The way I see it right now is City are playing a much more Pearson style game.

This is For a number of reasons, but mainly because that is what most of these players have been doing for 21/2 years. 

The big difference is, We finally have a tune out of Mehmeti. And that is a great compliment to Manning. 

Back that up with a rest for Bell and Wells, Williams, Weimann etc being fit enough for 90 minutes a few things are coming together. Good for him and us!

Spot on!  

Although we’ve pretty much reverted back to an NP style counter attacking game, we definitely appear quicker and more incisive in attack and it’s made us more exciting to watch and is putting opposition defenses under increased pressure (reason for the penalties?)  

Completely agree re Mehmeti.  He is the biggest and most surprising change since Manning’s arrival, so LM can to take full credit for that.  Will be interesting to see if he can transform any others, given more time.

Certainly starting to see more reasons for optimism now, so let’s hope we don’t just do the Bristol City thing and **** it all up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I put him on ignore but when his posts are quoted I can see them for some reason . Blokes a bloody hypocrite . Likes to have a dig at people but as soon as you say something back he says “ no need to get personal & starts crying. 

Yeah, I'll try and leave it with them for tonight.

I'm sure these can go from amusing to annoying for others to scroll through very quickly.

None of us are perfect and I'm sure we've all posted things that are a bit hypocritical at some point, but that Seagull is IMO particularly bad for it.

• Like 2