IGNORED

Have we just entered a new period in the history of Bristol City

Top Robin

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Honestly this forum 🙄. The op was slagging the players off a few games ago .  Not too high when we win or down when we lose. I know it’s difficult for us & we’re supposed to get excited as fans. If we haven’t learnt how difficult this league by now we never will though. 

Agree with all that. There is a pile of teams from 6th to 14th where the only thing separating them is one good moment or one more unlucky moment across the season so far. They all seem to have had a bit of form at differing times then faded.

Whether this is just our 15 mins in the sun or something more we will see. Just enjoying the win!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Agree with all that. There is a pile of teams from 6th to 14th where the only thing separating them is one good moment or one more unlucky moment across the season so far. They all seem to have had a bit of form at differing times then faded.

Whether this is just our 15 mins in the sun or something more we will see. Just enjoying the win!

when we are comfortably away from 15th,we can say we are on the up,might only be 14th tho looking at how tight the bunch around us are, fair play to the team and manning ,3 wins on the spin is a big step in the right direction,against stiff opposition aswell

While I'm thoroughly enjoying this, the Championship poses a formidable challenge. Momentum is crucial, especially for team morale, but let's approach this one game at a time. A few injuries can easily set us back to the starting point. I adore Manning ball, but there are numerous variables to contend with. We've shown that we actually do have a top 6 side, so JL was right about that!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I remember similar threads when Lee Johnson arrived , some from the same posters 

I have a far better impression of signs of LM as opposed to LJ , but it’s amusing how people shoot early

The wife has accused me of the last sentence a few times 🙈🙈 what ever that means 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I dunno, did alright at Peterboro, took Yeovil to the championship (overtaking us at the time)…!

If you’re a good enough coach/manager, you find yourself climbing back up again one way or another, I guess is my point. 

Said early on, Manning feels like the first manager we’ve had for many many years who will go on to bigger things than us. 

Yes, tho you missed out a poor spell at Northampton in-between and then he left Yeovil... for Cheltenham. He achieved his best work here, is my point. 

Let's hope so re: Manning. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

when we are comfortably away from 15th,we can say we are on the up,might only be 14th tho looking at how tight the bunch around us are, fair play to the team and manning ,3 wins on the spin is a big step in the right direction,against stiff opposition aswell

I tend to look at the league table for City (at least) as who are three points above us, who are three points below us…but of allowance when there are games in hand (loses in hand is what I call them!), so….

image.thumb.png.ba0d59e7c947fa721c174ae5188725ff.png

I was a bit annoyed earlier that Preston beat Leeds, that would’ve knocked them out of my mini-league!

41 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dunno. GJ's managerial career went south after City, but that certainly doesn't diminish what he achieved here imo. 

Likewise, no City fan would say Pulis' time here was under-rated because he went onto manage 400 odd games in the Prem. 

I’d argue his post City career actually contained his finest managerial moment.

Not many people on the planet could get a club the size & as geographically isolated as Yeovil in to the Championship.

Look at them subsequently, a truly incredible achievement.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pound for pound, his body at work across 2 spells at Yeovil was outstanding.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’d argue his post City career actually contained his finest managerial moment.

Not many people on the planet could get a club the size & as geographically isolated as Yeovil in to the Championship.

Look at them subsequently, a truly incredible achievement.

Quite possibly right. Great achievements. But I saw him last month in the dugout for Torquay (who were abysmal btw) at WSM in National League South. So he hasn't gone onto better things.  Maybe he's very underrated in footballing circles...

Either way, I'm not too fussed, as did a magnificent job here. Could quite easily have been the man to get us back to the top flight with a bit of luck in that final.

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Quite possibly right. Great achievements. But I saw him last month in the dugout for Torquay (who were abysmal btw) at WSM in National League South. So he hasn't gone onto better things.  Maybe he's very underrated in footballing circles...

Either way, I'm not too fussed, as did a magnificent job here. Could quite easily have been the man to get us back to the top flight with a bit of luck in that final.

I have absolutely no idea why he’s still in the game.

Bit like someone who had a couple of massive hits in the 80s now playing gigs in a South Bristol pub.

He’s probably in his late 60s now & obvious what he once had doesn’t work anymore.

Still our most successful manager since Alan Dicks though & his achievements at Yeovil are phenomenal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

We will never know what would have happened if NP was still here so not sure how you can say that .

I loved NP, he is,  and will remain a legend at our club. But the time was ripe to bring in a new young forward thinking coach IMHO......and it would appear that cometh the hour..........cometh the man?    I am very impressed with LM, and i believe that if we support him,  and let him build our club................that the sky is the limit?   I am not being, or attempting to be smug?    But come on down you doubters, and admit that at last.........the Lansdowns have made the correct appointment.................at frigging last!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

A new period?

What's wrong with it being a continuation of the post LJ/Holden spend-a-thon? That was the end of a chapter for me, not Nige leaving.

Nige steadied the ship, Manning is now(hopefully) setting the course. Nige did a smashing job, and Manning can and will hopefully do one too... those things aren't mutually exclusive no matter how much some seem to think they are!

Onwards and upwards, and lets hope this chapter in our history now gains some real momentum with Liam at the helm.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I tend to look at the league table for City (at least) as who are three points above us, who are three points below us…but of allowance when there are games in hand (loses in hand is what I call them!), so….

image.thumb.png.ba0d59e7c947fa721c174ae5188725ff.png

I was a bit annoyed earlier that Preston beat Leeds, that would’ve knocked them out of my mini-league!

+3 goal difference?   Am i dreaming?...............Oh Hi there Santa?

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's ridiculous isn't it. This place is always three results (and it is results) away from heaven or hell.

Life is just a series of peaks and troughs, and you don't whether you're in a trough until you're climbing out, or on a peak until you're coming down. And that's it, you know, you never know what's round the corner. But it's all good. "If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain". Do you know which "philosopher" said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

bbc GIF

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have absolutely no idea why he’s still in the game.

Bit like someone who had a couple of massive hits in the 80s now playing gigs in a South Bristol pub.

He’s probably in his late 60s now & obvious what he once had doesn’t work anymore.

Still our most successful manager since Alan Dicks though & his achievements at Yeovil are phenomenal.

I think horses for courses with us and GJ, and Yeovil for that matter. 

You're right regarding him still managing, and Torquay have had reason to sack him, but he just keeps going. 

There's lots to be said on the Johnsons but I think they all love the game and want to work in it as long as they can. Lee will probably be mounting a promotion challenge with Bridgwater United in about 2038, at this rate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1