IGNORED

Have we just entered a new period in the history of Bristol City

Top Robin

13 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Will this new period in our history include a shot on target?

True. It’s like stepping back in time to the Holden era, rather than any bright new dawn. Zero quality (and no tactical nous today) to break down sides that sit in against us. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

Ok here’s what will happen. Steve will unbox the nest egg over the next three windows. We’ll buy 8-10 players.

We will sell our best players.

We will still be in mid table. But playing a different brand of football with an increased playing squad.

Manning will be fired in December 2025. Along with Tinnion.

and then we will start again. With no real plan or continuity.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Will this new period in our history include a shot on target?

Have to confess, if I was the manager I'd instruct them to try a few speculative/pointless shots from 40yds just to improves the stats.

4 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

They did not "sit in" second half.

What Millwall did was be solid first half, nullify Dickie’s effectiveness on the ball (that’s the key part of the tactics), wait for us to get ragged, lose our shape and then boss the game. Textbook tactical victory against us.

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What Millwall did was be solid first half, nullify Dickie’s effectiveness on the ball (that’s the key part of the tactics), wait for us to get ragged, lose our shape and then boss the game. Textbook tactical victory against us.

In fairness a Millwall who finished 7th I think last year, have just changed the manager, beat Norwich & QPR in the last 2 games and drew with Stoke and Huddersfield after a  narrow 3-2 loss to Leicester, 

Perhaps it was a mixture of fatigue and caught out in the 2nd half, by a side who are finding good form and better than there position

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

In fairness a Millwall who finished 7th I think last year, have just changed the manager, beat Norwich & QPR in the last 2 games and drew with Stoke and Huddersfield after a  narrow 3-2 loss to Leicester, 

Perhaps it was a mixture of fatigue and caught out in the 2nd half, by a side who are finding good form and better than there position

There is some truth to this but to be making a play for the top 6, their away record is ropey...quite sure it has been anyway- get it in some ways but they have been stronger at home recently..certainly possible t9 lose but has to go down as disappointing.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is some truth to this but to be making a play for the top 6, their away record is ropey...quite sure it has been anyway- get it in some ways but they have been stronger at home recently..certainly possible t9 lose but has to go down as disappointing.

I am disappointed with the loss and had hoped we would push on today, but people seem to ignore we are playing against another team, in this case also in form

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I am disappointed with the loss and had hoped we would push on today, but people seem to ignore we are playing against another team, in this case also in form

Improving form, fair enough.

Sykes starting on the bench set a poor tone, arguably TGH too..what was the final reason for benching Sykes (I know he got the subsequent injury).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sykes starting on the bench set a poor tone, arguably TGH too..what was the final reason for benching Sykes (I know he got the subsequent injury).

The problem is like most things at the club we know very little of the reasoning behind decisions, maybe struggling with illness or injury or LM just wanted to rotate with so many games or tactical, but agree ideally would have preferred them both to start 

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The problem is like most things at the club we know very little of the reasoning behind decisions, maybe struggling with illness or injury or LM just wanted to rotate with so many games or tactical, but agree ideally would have preferred them both to start 

Could have been carrying a knock or similar yeah.

Our squad just feels that bit too light..2 or 3 probably. NP had similar issues, injuries were a bit worse in his 14 games.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

26 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

LM explained pre-match, rest / rotation / fatigue type reasons.  All perfectly sensible.  I don’t blame team selection, in fact I don’t really blame anyone.  Shit happens.  That’s the team we are in its current evolution.  But the facts are we weren’t very good today, last week against Hull we were.

The post below is a simple (not in a derogatory way No1) explanation of what happened.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What is happening more than once or twice (is it a trend) is that when we lose control of a game - typically the centre of the pitch / midfield (which is one of LMs fundamentals) - we struggle to wrestle the game back.  Norwich, Sunderland and Millwall all examples.

Something to work on.

9 hours ago, tin said:

True. It’s like stepping back in time to the Holden era, rather than any bright new dawn. Zero quality (and no tactical nous today) to break down sides that sit in against us. 

And also conceding late goals has slowly sneaked back in. 

4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Once again a team figures us out by half time. They change. We fail to adapt.

• Like 3

Until BCFC has new owners, a new recruitment team, a new ceo, new manager and a new energy and direction, it is going nowhere forward. First look at the people involved today, seriously. Can you imagine any other billionaire employing that group of people as their blueprint to get a promotion? 

14 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Ok here’s what will happen. Steve will unbox the nest egg over the next three windows. We’ll buy 8-10 players.

We will sell our best players.

We will still be in mid table. But playing a different brand of football with an increased playing squad.

Manning will be fired in December 2025. Along with Tinnion.

and then we will start again. With no real plan or continuity.

Dressed as a dandy highwayman (not a sea-going bandit) we all sing in unison:

".... so unbox the nest egg, and do us all a favour (/buy us all a striker)"