IGNORED

Have we just entered a new period in the history of Bristol City

Top Robin

17 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Still far too early to predict anything long term IMO however the early signs are good from Manning and Hogg. 

Many people on here (myself included) will be eating some humble pie tonight, i will be the first to admit i was probably far too critical of the new management team when they came in but fair play they are proving me and many others wrong and long may it continue.

I feel the same way, but it was partly anger towards how we felt about what happened under NP's reign. 

In fairness, it's not LM fault what happened and he deserves to be given a fair crack like NP was. If he can prove us wrong and that NP wasn't the right man to take us forward then I will be the first to happily admit I was wrong.

I won't be wrong about NP laying the foundations though and stabilising the club in the past 2.5 years though and I have stated on this forum many months ago that we may not reap the rewards of NPs reign until after he leaves...

Anyway, Liam Manning and Chris Hogg deserve this win tonight, it's been a brilliant 10 days for them.

• Like 14
  • Flames 4

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

And the same people back then were saying Manning was a huge mistake, are now basically saying anyone who was angry at Pearson going is an idiot. It’s so tiresome. I can’t wait for more time to pass and the constant side taking, and black and white nature of it all, to be over. 

Just like it has with Lee Johnson...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Maybe Manning can go on a run similar to the one Ipswich have been on until recently?

Automatic spot anyone? 😉

I’m sure the Lancdowns would delighted. I’m not so sure that all our fans would be tho. 

Most newly promoted clubs struggle and we’d all have to get used to regularly getting beaten. Finding 10 wins in the best league in the world is a tough ask.

Plus SC prices would go up - would all current SC holders renew?………:dunno:

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I’m sure the Lancdowns would delighted. I’m not so sure that all our fans would be tho. 

Most newly promoted clubs struggle and we’d all have to get used to regularly getting beaten. Finding 10 wins in the best league in the world is a tough ask.

Plus SC prices would go up - would all current SC holders renew?………:dunno:

I'd imagine every single person would renew and we would sell out every single game if we went up

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, 2015 said:

and I have stated on this forum many months ago that we may not reap the rewards of NPs reign until after he leaves...

NP also said as much tbh. Will try and find the quote. Certainly agree with your post.

Some great foundations laid and first phase, him and Gould were quite invaluable.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Still far too early to predict anything long term IMO however the early signs are good from Manning and Hogg. 

Many people on here (myself included) will be eating some humble pie tonight, i will be the first to admit i was probably far too critical of the new management team when they came in but fair play they are proving me and many others wrong and long may it continue.

I rather like a touch of salad cream to go with my humble pie, but a meal I'm happy to have. I was really concerned after the results and performances up to and including the Blackburn game together with some of the interviews that LM had combined with the fixture list up to Millwall, but whether he's tweaked his style slightly or the players have grasped what he wants them to do, the last few performances have been up there and this is becoming an entertaining team to watch again.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

It was only 2 weeks ago that we had people predicting a relegation fight. Lose the next couple and they'll be back doing it again.

How about we just take it game to game without getting carried away either positively or negatively?

We’re going up mate 

• Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Burt_ said:

The last 3 matches have produced fantastic results - but let's not get carried away just yet!

Bear in mind we were pretty much battered by Sunderland and were fortunate to hold on and sneak the victory.

For all Sunderland’s possession and territory dominance they didn’t create a lot…apart from set-pieces.  We showed a lot of organisation (and character) in that game, and some games you have to win by being defensively superior!

Of course, what I’d really have liked to have seen is LM react to this and find a way to change the way that game went, and us control the game more.  That is something I’ll be looking out for in future…it’s all logged 😉

Against Hull we were (IMO) poor for an hour until the triple substitution changed things - and Hull would've felt very hard done by to come away from that match with nothing.

I thought we were good from 8-30 mins - that effing “bounce around” chant did us! 😡😡😡

But despite Hill looking dangerous with a single pass, we controlled a lot of the second half, we’re building momentum, ready for the subs.  Hull deserved nothing imho.  We fully deserved the 3 points.

The fact we were, at times, battered for long periods in both games - but managed to hold on - is what made the excitement/enjoyment factor high.

I wasn't there today, but it did sound like we were excellent - so it was enjoyable because of an excellent,  dominant performance - so perhaps we are on the up.

Let's just hope the positive results continue - and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts!!!

COYR

FWIW ⬆️⬆️⬆️

56 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I want to hear from Chris Hogg, haven’t heard from him (have we?) since his appointment interview?

Honestly this forum 🙄. The op was slagging the players off a few games ago .  Not too high when we win or down when we lose. I know it’s difficult for us & we’re supposed to get excited as fans. If we haven’t learnt how difficult this league by now we never will though. 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

By May it’ll be 16 years since our last play off final, we’re definitely due another.

Yep, only because the last time we were promoted it was automatic! 🤓

Clearly, I am not saying that we are contenders for promotion (either automatic or via the playoffs) - just want to watch some good football (which was evidenced today - despite a couple of slack play. 

I was not impressed with the NP sacking / LM appointment - I wish LM all the very best - despite being fat already - i'd quite happily take a large slice of humble pie toward the end of the season. 

On to the next game (another team we have a poor away record with) - lets take it a game at a time.

Well done lads - Made my Christmas this year!

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think where LJ has ended up since leaving us sums up all we need to really know about the quality of his coaching, which should certainly leave no doubt about that chapter!

Dunno. GJ's managerial career went south after City, but that certainly doesn't diminish what he achieved here imo. 

Likewise, no City fan would say Pulis' time here was under-rated because he went onto manage 400 odd games in the Prem. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Jon will have a little ‘something extra’ for you when you are back in the office.....

Hilarious 

Very strange post, are you ok? I would’ve thought all bcfc fans would Ben delighted with that result and performance, haven’t won 3 in a row since 2020 someone said, think that was under Holden, NP never achieved it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dunno. GJ's managerial career went south after City, but that certainly doesn't diminish what he achieved here imo. 

Likewise, no City fan would say Pulis' time here was under-rated because he went onto manage 400 odd games in the Prem. 

I dunno, did alright at Peterboro, took Yeovil to the championship (overtaking us at the time)…!

If you’re a good enough coach/manager, you find yourself climbing back up again one way or another, I guess is my point. 

Said early on, Manning feels like the first manager we’ve had for many many years who will go on to bigger things than us. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Honestly this forum 🙄. The op was slagging the players off a few games ago .  Not too high when we win or down when we lose. I know it’s difficult for us & we’re supposed to get excited as fans. If we haven’t learnt how difficult this league by now we never will though. 

That’s the fickle nature of football fans per se.

When the team is winning everything is hunky dory and when the team is struggling it’s all doom and gloom.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Taking over Yeovil bottom 4 League One and taking them to the Championship within 18 months remains a remarkable achievement.

It wasn't a high bar but for one year Yeovil were the top West Country side and overtook us on the way up in the process.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1