IGNORED

Have we just entered a new period in the history of Bristol City

Top Robin

I was thinking of posting something similar, three consecutive wins is a great start and another win at Brum and we could be at the beginning of a serious push for the top six. If that happens then it’ll be whether City can stay there.

It would definitely make the remainder of the season interesting!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

We will never know what would have happened if NP was still here so not sure how you can say that .

While there is some truth in your comment, the enjoyment factor of the football is now is much better imo.

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 3

Just now, Northern Red said:

It was only 2 weeks ago that we had people predicting a relegation fight. Lose the next couple and they'll be back doing it again.

How about we just take it game to game without getting carried away either positively or negatively?

I remember similar threads when Lee Johnson arrived , some from the same posters 

I have a far better impression of signs of LM as opposed to LJ , but it’s amusing how people shoot early

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It was only 2 weeks ago that we had people predicting a relegation fight. Lose the next couple and they'll be back doing it again.

How about we just take it game to game without getting carried away either positively or negatively?

It's ridiculous isn't it. This place is always three results (and it is results) away from heaven or hell.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Any side that goes down having 35 points on the board at Christmas bloody deserves to!

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Let's hope so.

Probably what Watford fans were thinking going into today. This is the Championship and a bloody nose is always one game away!! As others are pointing out enjoy it for what it is right now and if we’re here in five games time with another 13 or 15 points on the board then start getting carried away!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

While there is some truth in your comment, the enjoyment factor of the football is now is much better imo.

The last 3 matches have produced fantastic results - but let's not get carried away just yet!

Bear in mind we were pretty much battered by Sunderland and were fortunate to hold on and sneak the victory.

Against Hull we were (IMO) poor for an hour until the triple substitution changed things - and Hull would've felt very hard done by to come away from that match with nothing.

The fact we were, at times, battered for long periods in both games - but managed to hold on - is what made the excitement/enjoyment factor high.

I wasn't there today, but it did sound like we were excellent - so it was enjoyable because of an excellent,  dominant performance - so perhaps we are on the up.

Let's just hope the positive results continue - and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts!!!

COYR

• Like 2

Let's not get too excited as too much pride comes before a fall.

One game at a time and don't forget that we travel to the Bluenoses on Friday. A jinx team for us, so any result other than defeat will be a magnificent achievement.

Could be get Conway to do a Bob Taylor and stick it right up them?

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And the same people back then were saying Manning was a huge mistake, are now basically saying anyone who was angry at Pearson going is an idiot. It’s so tiresome. I can’t wait for more time to pass and the constant side taking, and black and white nature of it all, to be over. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 5

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

And the same people back then were saying Manning was a huge mistake, are now basically saying anyone who was angry at Pearson going is an idiot. It’s so tiresome. I can’t wait for more time to pass and the constant side taking, and black and white nature of it all, to be over. 

It’s silly, we’re all delighted by that today and too large a percentage of the posts are points scoring before we’ve achieved bugger all in a league that is notorious for bringing you back down to earth with a massive bump. Enjoy the moment and if Manning proves some wrong then wait until that is actually proved before sounding off.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was thinking of posting something similar, three consecutive wins is a great start and another win at Brum and we could be at the beginning of a serious push for the top six. If that happens then it’ll be whether City can stay there.

It would definitely make the remainder of the season interesting!

Maybe Manning can go on a run similar to the one Ipswich have been on until recently?

Automatic spot anyone? 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Let's not get too excited as too much pride comes before a fall.

One game at a time and don't forget that we travel to the Bluenoses on Friday. A jinx team for us, so any result other than defeat will be a magnificent achievement.

Could be get Conway to do a Bob Taylor and stick it right up them?

In fact we had a real purple patch at Birmingham for a couple of seasons.

Won 1-0 there Diedhiou header, early season LJ 1-1 draw then the 3-0 win there in the Covid season.

Semenyo had a special game vs them back in January, one of his final games here..

Albeit yes long run our record isn't a great one v Birmingham and we have to be confident but not arrogant, one game at a time and look to continue to grow and build.

• Thanks 1

Still far too early to predict anything long term IMO however the early signs are good from Manning and Hogg. 

Many people on here (myself included) will be eating some humble pie tonight, i will be the first to admit i was probably far too critical of the new management team when they came in but fair play they are proving me and many others wrong and long may it continue.

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

Threads like this.. 

This League can change on a sixpence. Middlesbrough were one of the form sides ahead of their post International break trip to us.

Their form from their lowest point in mid September to beating Leicester at home mid November must have been up there across the division.

They are 13th now. Somewhere between 10 and 15 well perhaps closer to 10 sides can dream of a push at 6th or even 5th.