IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

1 minute ago, collier said:

I swear players have lost the ability over the years to head a ball. At pro level I don't get a player completely missing the ball almost when the ball is pretty much perfect height. I guess it's not something people practice as much nowadays with the focus on keeping it on the deck.

Think it was more a lack of anticipation than anything - looked delayed and on his heels at first glance. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
7 minutes ago, collier said:

I swear players have lost the ability over the years to head a ball. At pro level I don't get a player completely missing the ball almost when the ball is pretty much perfect height. I guess it's not something people practice as much nowadays with the focus on keeping it on the deck.

It's because there's no lace to aim your forehead at...

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Just listened to the LM press conference. There were some interesting points, and it seems that we might see RM soon. I wonder if he'll make the bench tonight? Perhaps it's a bit soon, but he's certainly close.

I found it intriguing what he mentioned about the information provided to the players (this would be a good listen for you, @W-S-M Seagull). He discussed players adopting different playing styles, emphasizing the need to "stop them from thinking they're playing with shackles on," which I found to be a noteworthy comment. He singled out Pring as one of those players, and we have indeed observed changes in his movement further up the pitch and overlaps. Manning also acknowledged that he's aware he's demanding a lot from him at the moment, particularly in terms of physical demands.

Not sure why you have mentioned me in this? 

Also not sure why you've made a few indirect digs at NP. 

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

A Birmingham supporting mate is there and messaged me and said there are already arguments among the home fans and someone has stormed out, are they really that bad?! We have 73% possession according  to the BBC!

No - we are edging it but by no means are we much better then them so far 

At the minute very much the story of our season so far (apart from Watford) - some nice possession but lack of quality in the final third 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

No - we are edging it but by no means are we much better then them so far 

At the minute very much the story of our season so far (apart from Watford) - some nice possession but lack of quality in the final third 

I suspect part of their issue in the stands is that they’d normally expect to be winning by now!

I must have a different RobbinsTV stream. 

We are controlling the ball and look dangerous in their final third. With Sykes doing well. Just the majority of our possession is in our back 2 thirds, which has to be expected in this system. Draw teams on to you and then quickly get at them. 

The over hit passes in the final third are the only annoyance for me so far