IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

14 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Brum will be right up for it tomorrow……we need to get the first goal and then the ground could start to turn on Rooney/the players.

I’m intrigued to see how we do tomorrow - this is the sort of game that City have a history of losing…..come on City, let’s keep the momentum going!

COYRs

Exactly what I was thinking would be so annoyingly typical for us to lose to a bottom 6  side having beaten 3 play off contenders in a row!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Seems not everyone is behind WRBCFC, talk amongst their support (from other media sources) today that Steve Cooper is being lined up.

They're already quite close to FFP limits, Rooney on paper has a 3.5 year deal plus Eustace will have needed a payoff of some kind.. 

Rooney will have staff too, dunno what terms etc.

22 hours ago, onlyotib said:

Random question and I’m sure it’s been covered 500 times but can you listen to the match on a iPhone? Preferably radio Bristol ?

Only if you subscribe to the audio on the OS, it will cost £5 for the game or £5 per month if you use paypal or your debit card. I alwys use paypal, as you can cancel easily any time.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Seems not everyone is behind WRBCFC, talk amongst their support (from other media sources) today that Steve Cooper is being lined up.

I think a lot of Brum fans want Cooper, the problem is,  he'll be saught after, especially in the Championship unless he has a proviso in his pay off from Forest...

Afternoon all, I know I will probably regret it, but i still fancy us to get our 4th win in a row. If we keep up our energy and pressing and of course get a few goals, then I see no reason why we can't turn them over.  If we do, I have a feeling that it maybe Rooney's last game. So, let's do it boy's.Come On You Red's.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I think it'll be a score draw tonight personally.

Not sure we've got the bodies to keep this run up with so many games in a short space of time, whilst they look devoid of confidence it'll feel like a must win so I'm expecting a scrappy performance from us but hopefully enough for a point

Bit of a concern but perhaps less so these days with 3/4 subs being used most games meaning 6/8 players can be on the pitch for well under the full match.

I've also often heard players say they prefer games to training and in many instances it doesn't take much more out of them.

Anyway, let's hope tiredness isn't an issue and we're at least as fresh as Brum tonight.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Having spent quite a lot of time round there with work recently, I am able to confirm that there aren’t many worse places in Birmingham. Absolute dive.

Aston, Handsworth, Nechells, Lozells are all pretty bad, small heath is a little better.

I do know that WM has a serious firearms problem, I still think Id prefer to be in any of the above areas than some of the areas we have up here in Leeds.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Well, it's three points nailed on, isn't it, now that we're on a roll?

Oh, hang on, it's Birmingham. 

Time to end the jinx methinks!

COYR!!

Was it during his time managing Brum, that Barry Fry peed in each corner of the pitch, thinking that it would lift the gypsy curse that was allegedly jinxing the team at the time?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Slack Bladder said:

I imagine this Christmas schedule of 4 games in 10 days could take its toll on a small squad like ours.

Good luck to the lads tonight. COYR

I would imagine the players are far less tired after winning 3 on the spin, than they would have been had they lost the last 3.

After such a great result and performance at Watford, I suspect they can't wait for the next game and this goes a long way to countering fatigue.

I bet the Brum players are more tired after the roasting they got from WR after their last game!:)

1 hour ago, hinsleburg said:

I think it'll be a score draw tonight personally.

Not sure we've got the bodies to keep this run up with so many games in a short space of time, whilst they look devoid of confidence it'll feel like a must win so I'm expecting a scrappy performance from us but hopefully enough for a point

Yep I think a score draw which will be fine. Keep this unbeaten run going.

• Like 1

Just listened to the LM press conference. There were some interesting points, and it seems that we might see RM soon. I wonder if he'll make the bench tonight? Perhaps it's a bit soon, but he's certainly close.

I found it intriguing what he mentioned about the information provided to the players (this would be a good listen for you, @W-S-M Seagull). He discussed players adopting different playing styles, emphasizing the need to "stop them from thinking they're playing with shackles on," which I found to be a noteworthy comment. He singled out Pring as one of those players, and we have indeed observed changes in his movement further up the pitch and overlaps. Manning also acknowledged that he's aware he's demanding a lot from him at the moment, particularly in terms of physical demands.

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We are past the halfway mark in the season & are 1 point off the top 6 - how can you not even contemplate that we might be..?

Difference between; Sunderland currently on 36pts and top six and Brum 6 from bottom on 27pts, is a gap of only 9pts (3wins) so there are a lot of clubs that might be top six.

Anyone who can string a run of wins together can rapidly rise, also those who string a run of losses can dramaticaly fall.

Southampton and Liec look favs for returns to the top div any of rest could still join them.

I`d go for Leeds or Ipswich to join them atm unless JL gives Manning some back up with a cash injection then we could be playing either of them at Wembers