IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

Exactly this ! It will be just like city to lose this game tomorrow I have seen it time and time again let's just hope for a changing of the tide under Manning we need to go there and keep those energy levels up get in there faces win our 50/50s press them from the first minute and look to really get at there makeshift defence.

I can see us winning comfortably if we play at the same levels as the last 3 games.

With Millwall on NYD at home and a free hit v West Ham to come, I’m looking forward to 2024 with an air of confidence for a change

With players returning from injury in particular McCrorie who I think will be a huge player for us for the rest of the season and a couple of January signings it has the makings of an interesting & exciting time

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I can see us winning comfortably if we play at the same levels as the last 3 games.

With Millwall on NYD at home and a free hit v West Ham to come, I’m looking forward to 2024 with an air of confidence for a change

With players returning from injury in particular McCrorie who I think will be a huge player for us for the rest of the season and a couple of January signings it has the makings of an interesting & exciting time

Sorry far too positive. When I suggested the next two games were winnable I was jumped on from a great height.

I do sometimes wonder if the problem with Bristol City is not the players, Manager or the clowns at the top but the rank and file supporters?

Sold out tomorrow so I hope all 2,000 are expecting and rooting for a win, followed by a large bank holiday crowd and a hammering for Millwall.

I even fancy us to give the Hammers a game if they field a 2nd 11.

Off for a lie down now and some more medication.

20 minutes ago, INCRED said:

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3499575

We won't lose against Bristol City.

If we got really done, by 4 or 5 then yes I think there'd be a move against him. I don't think we will though, Bristol don't seem like a 4 in a row, top 6 kind of team to me. They're due a defeat.

If we do end up drubbing then tomorrow (which I doubt will happen but I dare to dream) anyone care to join me in a chant of "USA! USA!" Drove me mad when they started chanting it at AG in the reverse fixture and, petty man that I am, I'd love to repay them the favour now that they're somewhat less enamored with their yank benefactors.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Birmingham have severe injury problems especially in defence yet their fans still expect to win, most thinking along the lines "If we can't beat Bristol at home then we're really in the s***", fans from other teams always look at us as an easy fixture regardless of how we're playing at the time.

Good.

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Birmingham have severe injury problems especially in defence yet their fans still expect to win, most thinking along the lines "If we can't beat Bristol at home then we're really in the s***", fans from other teams always look at us as an easy fixture regardless of how we're playing at the time.

They're usually right.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m just disappointed you forgot David Rennie (not the physio but the balding midfielder) - IIRC not only did he play for both but also produced the finest ever near post flick on (I know, that’s niche) to lead to a goal in a 4-0 win for us at St Andrews!

Mark Gavin could put the ball on Rennie's head at the near post from corners 9 times out of 10.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m just disappointed you forgot David Rennie (not the physio but the balding midfielder) - IIRC not only did he play for both but also produced the finest ever near post flick on (I know, that’s niche) to lead to a goal in a 4-0 win for us at St Andrews!

What a day that was !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1