IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

23 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I still really do not see a Top 6 side. Still convinced we need at least three incoming players in Jan. Then let's see what happens 😉

We are past the halfway mark in the season & are 1 point off the top 6 - how can you not even contemplate that we might be..?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

So to check - not just for outside the UK - anyone can buy?

Yep, available for UK and overseas viewers.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Having spent quite a lot of time round there with work recently, I am able to confirm that there aren’t many worse places in Birmingham. Absolute dive.

Great, I'm sold. See you all there later! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is something about Birmingham that’s  just dull and drab. The City, the ground and the teams over the years just been awful. Now there’s Rooney to throw into the mix and he’s dull, as a manager, as well. I find it very difficult to look forward to a Birmingham match with any enthusiasm. This time it could be different because of City’s recent wins but I don’t want to be too positive as that would be tempting fate. 

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Is this the first time we have played on consecutive Fridays since that great week back in 2001 when we beat Millwall then the week after we went to Reading and turned them over. 

That week had everything, goals, drama and scraping galore. 

That was the Friday Millwall come down in force after what happened up there if memory serves me .

didn’t they smash up a pub on the way from temple meads ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Having spent quite a lot of time round there with work recently, I am able to confirm that there aren’t many worse places in Birmingham. Absolute dive.

I’ll give you Stoke & Hull for starters then we can chuck Middlesbrough in for good measure ,

Where St Andrews is is horrid I must agree , done work round there myself , eyes everywhere when in and out of the vehicle 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

There is something about Birmingham that’s  just dull and drab. The City, the ground and the teams over the years just been awful. Now there’s Rooney to throw into the mix and he’s dull, as a manager, as well. I find it very difficult to look forward to a Birmingham match with any enthusiasm. This time it could be different because of City’s recent wins but I don’t want to be too positive as that would be tempting fate. 

I agree that Birmingham is the asshole of England - I spent a couple of years nearby in the late 70s  and the people there are an odd lot.

Been to St Andrews a number of times over the years and the stadium is a perfect reflection on the City - dull, drab and uninspiring.

I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll get another three points. City are full of momentum whereas  Brum are the opposite. An early City goal should drain what little confidence that they have.