IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

Overall I'm happy that we shut the home crowd up and nullified Birmingham, who so far look happy to play on the break.

Great half by Joe Williams imo. The Brum co-comms guy said JW was running the midfield and I agree 100%. Good both with the ball and without.

Sykes put 3 great crosses in so job done by him, Mehmeti utterly disappointing in every way.

Generally, we've been lacking in our execution. Probably every City player has played a bad ball or three.

If we can raise our standards by 10% we snatch a winner.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

There we go. Not sure why you laughed then? 

3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

There we go. Not sure why you laughed then? 

Because you’re funny!

See what happens in the second half. We were intent on moving them around as they are not deep on the bench. 

A lot of football to be played more than one way!

11 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Disagree with that. Has made about 4 of 10 attempted passes.

Along with most others tbf.

TGH just doing little 5 yard passes side or back, playing too safe, at least Williams is trying to get us going. I'd give TGH 10 minutes and if no improvement get him off for James. Same for Mehmeti, 10 minutes, if no improvement get Bell on.

Just about every player is off his game other than Vyner, Dickie (despite some very dodgy runs forward), and Williams. The rest are anonymous really. Sykes has his man on toast if he goes for it, but hasn't so far. Mehmeti is back to his old self, Wells isolated. Bit of a deja vu performance from a little while ago.

Hopefully, they'll come out second half less passive and a bit more positive after 69% possession with a couple of headers from Mehmeti and no attempts on target. Been here before...

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Quite a few players read the forum after the game. Just seems that he has done well recently but is 45 mins away from fans turning again 

Fair enough. I wouldn't sub him yet, but I don't think he's being unfairly attacked either. That's quite different imo.

Let's hope he comes out for the second half, continues to get in the good positions he has been and makes the most of them this time.

• Like 1
Just now, Andy082005 said:

Personally think he looks a bit tired. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him subbed early in the second half 

He is a frustrating player. He has the ability, but his in-game play is very immature. You can see his fellow players throwing their arms up in the air time and again as he misses a pass, takes too long to release. He needs a lot more coaching, and is why his game time since last January has been limited. Bell having some in-game issues himself has made it a tough call between the pair. It is an area of weakness right now. I would expect any January business to address that position. 

• Like 1

Actually a decent first half in a scrappy game with quite a few of them not firing on all cylinders. 

TGH and Mehmeti scrappy in final third - latter missing two good chances.

Williams and Pring not at best on ball in the right places.

Knight took a long time to get into it.

Birmingham do look poor though, feel this really is a game to be won.

Conway on for Wells. 

A lot of people moaning.

We are away from home and - 

Controlling the game

Had 70% possession

Should have scored at least 1

Kept Birmingham quiet

We are pretty much running the midfield.

Williams and Knight both having a good game.

Looks like Sykes has beating of full back.

Ok we lack a goal but come on we look the better team again..

• Hmmm 1