IGNORED

Those who have sadly died in the public eye - 2024

Norn Iron

Derek Draper, a former political adviser and husband of TV presenter Kate Garraway, has died after several years of serious health complications due to coronavirus.

The 56-year-old was said to be one of the UK's longest-suffering COVID patients, spending 13 months in hospital after contracting the virus in March 2020.

• Sad 4

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Derek Draper, a former political adviser and husband of TV presenter Kate Garraway, has died after several years of serious health complications due to coronavirus.

The 56-year-old was said to be one of the UK's longest-suffering COVID patients, spending 13 months in hospital after contracting the virus in March 2020.

Very sad.

As the article suggests COVID took its toll on him in a big way .

2 hours ago, Always injured said:

David Soul that is a sad one remember Saturday nights watching Starsky and Hutch happy times

Did you aspire to the `Hutch` leather jacket or the `Starsky` chunky knit cardy?

I always wanted to do that roll across the car bonnet thing but never did - I doubt I`d be able to get up there now without breaking my neck!

RIP David, another memory of much simpler times slips away.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

So sad. Talk about modern players playing out from the back - he was years ahead of his time. RIP

He was indeed way ahead of his time. A very sophisticated player and man who spoke perfect English. I admired everything about ‘The Kaiser’.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah.  I remember listening to her over many years but had no idea that she was 83. I’d always assumed that she was of my generation - wrong!

No Robbo, she was much younger than you

• Like 1
  • Haha 4